Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Asio Driver failed to install

Product
ITCH
Version
-
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Rufas 8:52 PM - 22 April, 2009
Product: itch
Hardware: vestax-vci-300
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

I went to ci.vestax.com, and found an Asio Driver, but i can't install it.
Does Serato has another Asio Driver?
Can i install the Vestax VCI-300 controller (Driver) without installing Serato Ich?

Thanks in advance by your good support.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:47 AM - 23 April, 2009
Hi Rufas,

That page is a little unclear - the VAI-40 driver is not for the VCI-300, it is for this -> ci.vestax.com

The VCI-300 does not require drivers as it is class compliant so it uses the generic Windows USB audio device driver. However if you wish to install an ASIO driver for it you can use Asio4All -> www.asio4all.com
Rufas 11:32 AM - 23 April, 2009
I´ve allready tryed asio4all, also didn't work.
I´m not satisfied at all with my hardware, i though i could use it with another software applications besides ITCH. Asio Driver was a way of trying to get things working ok, but i couldn't do it.
The output sound only sounds right in your software.
Using windows native applications i only get one output signal. (Mono) I'm not sure if this is because of the generic USB audio driver.
When i go to the control panel, select sounds and audio... I have two usb generic audio drivers, is this normal?
I really want two outputs outside your application so that i can use the sound card of the VCI-300.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:23 AM - 27 April, 2009
Hi Rufas,

Yes we've had reports of the VCI-300 only coming out of one channel from other users too. We've had a look into it and it seems that Windows is taking up one of the channels. We will have to work on making a driver to fix this issue, however it may take some time. You could try going to your laptop manufacturers site and see if they have any updated sound drivers, this may help.
Rufas 9:00 AM - 28 April, 2009
I really need that driver. I'm sorry but i will have to report this to Vestax. I have the product since November. I've payed an big amount of money for it (700€) and still have to wait for improvements in the software. I still have to feedback you on how the software would be better. I'm a teacher, i don't work for Serato!

Thank you!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:30 PM - 28 April, 2009
Vestax are aware of this issue as we are both working towards a fix for this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but as we currently use the Windows generic USB audio device driver we are limited by it.
cuebix 8:27 PM - 10 April, 2010
Has this been fixed yet? Where are the ASIO drivers?
nik39 12:25 PM - 12 April, 2010
HAs the "mono" issue been resolved?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:00 AM - 16 April, 2010
There are no specific ASIO drivers for the VCI-300, it's a class compliant USB audio device. You can use the Asio4All for the ASIO driver -> www.asio4all.com

Quote:
HAs the "mono" issue been resolved?

Yes, this was fixed with the Firmware Update included in ITCH 1.1.
nik39 10:30 AM - 16 April, 2010
Thanks for the info, Michael.