Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Stuttering/Dropping/Nastyness

matte1972 4:44 PM - 13 January, 2015
MBP, Mid 2012. 13″ Non Retina.
500gb 5200rpm Mechanical Drive (OS & Music)
8GB 1600mhz Ram

Firstly, thank-you for taking time to read this.
I have been having problems which have been keeping me awake at night and driving me crazy, and making me consider buying a bucket load of CD’s and forgetting Digital DJ-ing is a thing.

After using Traktor for years, I start a new residency. Loaded up Traktor Pro 2. Using a X1 & Z1 as controllers with a Windows Laptop. Now, extremely randomly, music would cutout for a second or two, and continue. Then, if I got really unlucky, music would decide it was time to fast forward, or sound like a garbled mess totally randomly during playback. This would happen at complete random. Days, Even weeks would go by without this happening. But still, it would creep up and kill a set for me. So I got a MBP. Was fine for a while, till it creeped back, and now its happening more regularly.

After having a single cut and paste response from Traktor Support (And 10 day response times). I decide its time to switch over to Serato. Yay, time for new controller. Quickly picked up a DDJ Wego to get me going quickly (Upgrades are planned, I needed something fast for New Years Eve). Two sets go by. No Issues.

Bam. Same issues on third set with Serato. Withing 5 minutes of opening, a track was “cutting out” – sounding like someone tapping the jogwheel. Later, a track went into a garbled mess and was just generally horrible. With a booing crowd, luckily, I had a backup mix ready.

I have,

Restored my music from backup,
Re encoded my entire collection,
Fiddled with Latency etc,
Reinstalled Programs (Serato & Traktor),
Reinstalled OS,
Checked for HDD Errors,
Followed optimization guides for Traktor and Serato to the letter (Wifi off, bluetooth etc etc).

I’m at my wits end. This has been happening for too long too me and it keeps me on edge every-time I play out. I’m not sure what else it could be.

If you have any ideas of how to help, I would be eternally great full.

I have a Ticket open with Serato Support Currently, but I am interested to see if anyone else here has any input or feedback.

This is keeping me up at night and stressing me out like crazy.

This has happened across 2 Laptops (Mac and PC), 2 Programs Serato and Traktor), 3 Soundcards (Audio 2 DJ, Z1 and DDJ Wego). Other residents have zero issues in same DJ Booth.
raedonquan 5:21 PM - 14 January, 2015
what version is your osx an what version sdj are you using
matte1972 5:35 PM - 14 January, 2015
Updated earlier today to MacOS 10.10.1
Serato DJ version 1.7.2.

I've been DJing at home a lot and leaving Serato on Autoplay for several hours a day. I can't seem to replicate the problem. The only place I have this problem is at the Club I work in!
raedonquan 5:48 PM - 14 January, 2015
ok what is in the club?
matte1972 5:59 PM - 14 January, 2015
An Old terrible Numark Mixer. I'm not even sure on the model.
Lighting PC, Pioneer CDJs MK1, and for some odd reason some a set of Denon DNS 4000.

That pretty much everything that I have access too.

I've no access to amps or anything else.
raedonquan 6:07 PM - 14 January, 2015
what do you use to open sdj....(sx or sl box)
Culprit 8:42 PM - 14 January, 2015
Did you upgrade anything in the laptop yourself? Memory? Hard Drive?