Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Loop control in ABS Mode or Cue Control in REL Mode (No Link)

Dj. StatixXx 5:01 PM - 8 January, 2015
Hello...

Been using Serato for about 8 years now and there has always been one small issue that I believe has been overlook over the years. "Allowing Loop Options within Serato Scratch / DJ all while in ABS Mode"

I say this for a few reasons:

- I like many enjoy the textile feel of the using the plater while mixing and cueing given my vinyl background and like many have moved more into the digital world of CDj's

- Playing / Looping / Using the Cue Buttons / and Platter control can all happen together but only if you have CDj's that use "LINK" (Network Cable Joining The 2 Decks)

- If you are using the CDj's 1000, just one of many examples, you do not have link and therefore have to choose between being able to have full control of the track from the deck in ABS mode with no loops
or
move to REL mode where now you give up these controls and have to use #1, 2, 3 , 4, etc on the keyboard to cue and have loop options

- Now some may say just use the loop controls on the actual decks while in ABS Mode. I've tried this and the two never really sync up. The actual loop i'm trying to create on the fly is never quite right and always off by a bit.

I'm hoping that since Serato is pretty much controlled by software vs. analog that this should be an easy upgrade. Ultimately I'm fine with either direction...

Request:

1. Let me play in ABS mode with full control all while giving me access to Loops

OR

2. Let me play in REL mode where I already have access to Loops but ensure that I can have full control of cues and plays from the deck rather than on my laptops keyboard.

Thank you again for all the hard work you guys put in to make the product I love to use and allowing us to add value input. Look forward to hear what you think about my suggestion.

Best Regards
&
Keep Rock'n It!
Dj. StatixXx 2:32 PM - 11 November, 2015
Anyone???
boabmatic 4:09 PM - 11 November, 2015
SSL is now discontinued so there will be no more development of features or hardware/OS support.
Dj. StatixXx 8:37 PM - 11 February, 2016
I have SSL 3 actually.. does the above statement still apply?