Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Crate delete problem

Puggy 3:55 AM - 4 January, 2015
Anyone having this annoying issue of deleting their unwanted crates from their SDJ^

I used to have this issue since I have been using SSL, I would delete the crates from he software itself but the next time I relaunched it, the deleted crates would still be there. To counter this, I would go straight into my HDD and delete the crate files directly off the hard drive.

I made the switch to SDJ last month and the issue persists, however, even deleting the crate files off the HDD does not solve the problem, these crates are like a creepy girlfriend and just don't want to leave lol

Serato, what can I do?
Deejay Steve 4:03 AM - 4 January, 2015
This issue is due to the operating system I believe, Mavericks would do it all the time for me but when I use my laptop with OS X ....6.8 it deletes perfectly every time.
It also doesn't delete files properly either so if you delete audio or video files there is also a strong possibility that they are still on your hard drive too, a quick folder scan or crate and the deleted files will reappear, it's a nightmare m8
Puggy 5:08 AM - 4 January, 2015
I see, it's one of the most annoying things, crates just all over the place
deejdave 6:30 AM - 4 January, 2015
It is actually very easy to fix. Go into your _Serato folder and look for Subcrates folder. Delete respective crate (which will be in alphabetical order so good news there) and the next time you start Serato it will be gone. It will also NEVER come back so be sure you want to get rid of it. Then be sure to back up as if you restore backup without saving new the crate/subcrate will be back again...............

As far as deleting files from Serato as long as you do the proper key combinations (CMND+SHIFT+DELETE) and NOT just CMND+DELETE it will get rid of necessary files and send to recycle bin.
Deejay Steve 1:11 PM - 4 January, 2015
Deejdave the simple fix is all well & good but it just needs to work like it did before and as for the deleting files problem it is a massive problem. Been using serato for many years & I KNOW how to delete files so that comment is NOT helpful. There is a bug as I've stated where the 3 button delete doesn't remove the files from the hard drive & this was evident when I moved to Mavericks, files disappeared in Serato & with a quick folder scan would reappear
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:11 PM - 4 January, 2015
I thought this was an External HD bug.

I cant completely delete from inside serato dj or SSL. I always have to delete the files directly from my ext HD library. Never had the same problem when my files where on the internal HD.
Deejay Steve 1:14 PM - 4 January, 2015
Might have a point there Marv as I use external drives to hold all my files :-)
deejdave 6:10 PM - 4 January, 2015
Not trying to make an excuse for anyone or anything. Just pointing out the VERY easy fix. The ultimate solution would be for it to act as intended but until that day you have two options and I prefer the option that yields results.
Deejay Steve 7:01 PM - 4 January, 2015
For the create problem not too much of a serious issue but when it comes to deleting audio & video files on a large hard drive it's much more serious, just saying :-)
deejdave 7:10 PM - 4 January, 2015
Agreed but then again I have seen the crate issue happen. I have NEVER seen the delete issue happen. As long as the proper keys are hit the files (in any format and in ANY location) delete as they should.

Works for me with multiple MacBook's with Yosemite, Mavericks & 10.8.5 and I too exclusively use external HDD's. I mean just yesterday I deleted 300 files at once as well as "spot deleted" so to speak with no issues. I understand this does NOT 100% mean it will work for you but just to be sure.......... Are you sure you are hitting the correct keys?
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:26 PM - 9 January, 2015
@deejdave Whats the format of your external hd? FAT or mac journaled
deejdave 2:39 PM - 9 January, 2015
FAT believe it or not. Which is where it would be more difficult or more issues would arise on Mac.
bcatdclub 6:08 AM - 13 January, 2015
instead of shift control delete try......
Command shift delete
I just figured it out after a week of beeting my head into the keyboard!!! YAYYYYY
deejdave 5:16 PM - 13 January, 2015
Quote:
As far as deleting files from Serato as long as you do the proper key combinations (CMND+SHIFT+DELETE) and NOT just CMND+DELETE it will get rid of necessary files and send to recycle bin.

I would hope you read this first.............
deejdave 5:17 PM - 13 January, 2015
CMND IS the equivalent of SHIFT for Mac's BTW.
Deejay Steve 5:43 PM - 13 January, 2015
I will be testing this later, the usual way of deleting files in Serato ctrl+shift+del doesn't always work for me but if the cmd+shift+del I'll be more than happy!!!
Deejay Steve 5:57 PM - 13 January, 2015
btw it still doesn't work for me, crates and file deletes removed from Serato DJ but not from hard drives :-(
deejdave 6:33 PM - 13 January, 2015
Just to be sure we are talking about files and NOT folders right? You can NEVER delete folders by deleting crates or the files within them. The files themselves SHOULD be sent to the trash folder though.
Deejay Steve 10:53 PM - 13 January, 2015
OK, I cannot delete individual files in Serato DJ or SSL using Mavericks or Yosemite. Files are deleted in the software but not on the hard drive.

As for creates I have the same annoying problem, I delete them in the software & they are still there on a restart.

Both problems are a pain but the individual file delete is a total nightmare and needs to be fixed urgently.

Hope that clears it up :-)
deejdave 2:49 AM - 14 January, 2015
That IS unfortunate. I would not be a happy camper if I had this issue either. Have you heard of anyone else experiencing this?
Puggy 10:42 PM - 11 February, 2015
I have this same exact problem
Serato, Support
Micah G. 12:44 AM - 12 February, 2015
Hey Puggy,

Hit up the support team, and we can look into this for you. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
Puggy 5:12 AM - 12 February, 2015
Quote:
Hey Puggy,

Hit up the support team, and we can look into this for you. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Cheers,
Micah

Cool man just sent a request!
Deejay Steve 7:29 PM - 26 August, 2015
The crate delete problem is connected to the file delete problem. Highlight a file you wish to delete then hit cmd+r and this opens the containing folder with file highlighted. Drag file into trash from folder then the crate & file deletes then work perfectly within Serato. It's very strange but is a workaround which definitely works.