Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-SP1 price drop

phatbob 4:31 PM - 28 December, 2014
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up; I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in the UK the DDJ-SP1 is currently on sale MAD cheap; £139.

www.decks.co.uk

Seems to be at most retailers.

No RGB pads, but it's such a dope unit. Might be a sign it's about to be discontinued or replaced, but I'd say for that price, it's still totally worth the investment.
Ragman 5:28 PM - 28 December, 2014
Interesting. No price drop here in the States.
Mr Wilks 2:30 AM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up; I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in the UK the DDJ-SP1 is currently on sale MAD cheap; £139.

www.decks.co.uk

No RGB pads, but it's such a dope unit. Might be a sign it's about to be discontinued or replaced, but I'd say for that price, it's still totally worth the investment.

I was tempted but now I have the AMX/AFX combo it seems a little silly.

Although... It is an SV controller (which I use at gigs). Hmmmm...
Djaward 6:52 PM - 29 December, 2014
No price drop in the states but you can get a great price by asking.

Or you can hop on to agiprodj.com and theyll hook you up.
Davideon 7:31 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:

www.decks.co.uk

I was going to buy one from decks in their Xmas sale, but held off after most other uk retailers dropped their prices on Boxing Day to match. And it's not being advertised as a sale or temp discount either now. Defo made me think a mark 2 is coming.

But interesting it's not dropped in the us.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:57 PM - 29 December, 2014
What's also interesting is that decksaver refuse to make a saver for this device as they say there is no demand for this device and sales of it are very low.

Strange as some things they make savers for I can't see many people owning and wanting a saver.

Wasn't the sp1 £329 new? So £139 is a bargin.
Mr Wilks 10:23 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:
What's also interesting is that decksaver refuse to make a saver for this device as they say there is no demand for this device and sales of it are very low.

Strange as some things they make savers for I can't see many people owning and wanting a saver.

Wasn't the sp1 £329 new? So £139 is a bargin.

Agreed with this. I think the AFX has kinda stole the limelight a bit so it's good to get people talking about the Pio gear again.

I was surprised at Decksavers choice in not doing that too.
Mr. Goodkat 12:54 AM - 30 December, 2014
most overpriced midi controller of all time.
938MyDJ 5:16 AM - 30 December, 2014
Initially, that's what I thought too.

But eventually, I believe I got my money's worth... I have used my SP1 on all my set ups... TTs, CDJs, even with SZ & SX2 (to have an open control of decks 3&4).

Back on topic...
I got mine for $429.00 Canadian. During Boxing week, they were down to 329.00

I just got a Reloop NEON but if the SP1-MKII with colored pads will be out, I will still buy it :)
Davideon 9:33 AM - 30 December, 2014
Just seen the price of the neon. Will prob get that now. Does it have video control? If not can it be mapped?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:50 PM - 30 December, 2014
429!! Holy shit that's outrageous!! Why so much? Got mine brand new for 250. It's pretty much the only piece of hardware I've needed since I switched over to SDJ.
Mr Wilks 2:31 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
Just seen the price of the neon. Will prob get that now. Does it have video control? If not can it be mapped?

I don't think you can map it to be honest. I've not read anywhere you can so probably wouldn't bank on it.
Davideon 5:00 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think you can map it to be honest. I've not read anywhere you can so probably wouldn't bank on it.

Yeah I'm sure you can't actually
Davideon 6:53 PM - 30 December, 2014
Well, decks.co.uk has had constant connection issues since their sale started so I had to buy my sp1 else where
938MyDJ 7:18 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
429!! Holy shit that's outrageous!! Why so much?

USD vs CAD
Later batch vs First Release
Online vs Local-store

*I got all the ones on the right*

I never regret though. If I was paying 10$/gig to rent the SP1, it's paid off now.
BBN 10:55 PM - 30 December, 2014
Paid 399 Euros for mine and then it dropped to 199 here in Germany.
Guess it didn't sell too good or maybe a replacement is comming soon?