DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

my new mix

dj mikeb 4:33 PM - 13 May, 2006
DJ GaFFle 1:47 PM - 14 May, 2006
Mike,

What type (genre) is it before I try downloading?
dj mikeb 4:35 PM - 14 May, 2006
mashups,breaks,house,hip hop and a couple of remixes i made
dj mikeb 4:38 PM - 14 May, 2006
check out www.myspace.com

i have a couple of my remixes on there-should give ya an idea
wakka 1:19 AM - 15 May, 2006
Pretty cool, way to light your vinyl on fire haha

How did your vinyl and needles look afterwords? Cuz i know that vinyl warps and melts just under the sun, but fire + flammable liquid? Dizzam
dj mikeb 8:09 PM - 15 May, 2006
ronsonal lighter fluid-burns the best...the record is pretty much toast when i burn it for 30 seconds so i use and old serato record that's scratched up.
proffesor ink 4:56 AM - 16 May, 2006
i listened to your demo. i liked it a lot.

i am curious what was your motivation for making this CD?? just something cool, to get work, to play new stuff, to show a creative mix??? do you play like that out??? if so, i would have to say the clubs in GA are definetely more underground then in NY. i know all the songs you played, but have not heard them played at a club, nor mashed up like that. very creative.
NotoriousM.I.T. 7:15 AM - 16 May, 2006
yo mikeb.... i came to hear u at the velvet room about a year ago.... that shit was hot

i remember hearin on the radio that there was a back room but there really wasnt.

keep the good work up.

ps u had some scratch samples that sounded real hot. any way u can hook me up with them?
Icecube 12:46 PM - 16 May, 2006
Hot shit man. I love it....
DJ Irv 3:34 PM - 16 May, 2006
NIce work. Really like your mixes. Let me know when you are in the Big Apple
dj mikeb 9:40 PM - 16 May, 2006
Thanks a lot everyone- I posted the mix because i was pretty proud of it and wanted to share it with everyone. The type of music I play out depends on the crowd-on saturday nights at compound I pretty much play what's on that disc and high energy house and trance-totally depends on the crowd. The hip hop remixes I made in my studio-that was another reason for posting the mix. I know this forum has mostly dj's so I wanted you to hear the songs and if you liked em-i can send some of them to ya. Just go to my myspace page,which I'm sure most of you have a page,and send me aq message and I'll im them to ya.

thanks again
DJ AM 11:14 AM - 17 May, 2006
Mike B is no joke... TRUE NUFF!!!!!!!!!
Dj KaGeN 7:14 PM - 17 May, 2006
now that's what I'm talkin bout.... clean.
dj mikeb 8:38 PM - 17 May, 2006
word
tig ol' bitties 8:45 PM - 17 May, 2006
Quote:
Mike B is no joke... TRUE NUFF!!!!!!!!!

no sh!t right, dudes spins fire!! Literally hahaha
Bigfourty4 12:55 AM - 18 May, 2006
Nice Mix! Totally liked the different mashups.
dj she 5:41 PM - 19 May, 2006
I just downloaded the mix...That's the SICKEST mix I've heard in a long time!!!!!!!BIG UPS!
dj she 5:46 PM - 19 May, 2006
Hey Mike, Can you post some of those mashups you did?
dj mikeb 7:54 PM - 19 May, 2006
True...here's poppin mike's colla

it's a breaks remix I did of poppin my colla by 36mafia

www.megaupload.com
dj mikeb 8:17 PM - 19 May, 2006
here's another one-tell me when to go mashed with jack and diane

www.megaupload.com
DJ Mo Rada 8:24 PM - 19 May, 2006
feelin it^^^^