DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJcity Cutting Room x UK

StylesD 10:49 PM - 17 December, 2014
check it out guys...think this may be our best one yet.

featuring: Mighty Atom, DJ Muzzell, Woody, Jon1st, TigerStyle and Mr. Switch!

Watchwww.youtube.com
ozfrombk 11:39 PM - 17 December, 2014
I turned up the brightness and volume up on my mac for this ha!

That was pretty good. Really liked Jon1st and Woody's style on the cut.
StylesD 4:45 PM - 19 December, 2014
Quote:
I turned up the brightness and volume up on my mac for this ha!

That was pretty good. Really liked Jon1st and Woody's style on the cut.

thx for watching. yeah man, both Jon and Woody are beasts!
DJ Remy USA 10:25 PM - 19 December, 2014
this was a dope episode, why do I feel like DJs outside of the US are just so much more talented than us. Not saying we dont have talent but I feel like foreigners be shitting on us American DJs skill wise.
Mr. Goodkat 10:28 PM - 19 December, 2014
because you are watching the wrong djs? they were all good, but nothing that hasnt been done ad nauseum by countless u.s. djs.
StylesD 7:59 PM - 21 December, 2014
the UK turntablist scene is SUPER rich and has been for a long time. I agree that the U.S. has just as much talent but these guys in the vid are ridiculously dope. all cream of the crop. I challenge you to find any DJ with the same style and innovation as Woody.

Who were your guys' favorite takes from the vid? For me it's a tough call between Muzzell and Switch
DJ SPAIR 8:44 AM - 22 December, 2014
Quote:
this was a dope episode, why do I feel like DJs outside of the US are just so much more talented than us. Not saying we dont have talent but I feel like foreigners be shitting on us American DJs skill wise.

True! I was thinking the same thing. The UK has a history of embracing our music and bringing to it next levels. Just take the Beatles for example! =
DJ Remy USA 1:38 PM - 22 December, 2014
maybe I should have said that differently I know the US has a lot of dope deejays we pioneered turntablism but I feel like they bring it up to another level. Im a good scratcher but those guys had me watching it over and over again.
ozfrombk 8:00 PM - 24 December, 2014
Quote:
the UK turntablist scene is SUPER rich and has been for a long time. I agree that the U.S. has just as much talent but these guys in the vid are ridiculously dope. all cream of the crop. I challenge you to find any DJ with the same style and innovation as Woody.

Who were your guys' favorite takes from the vid? For me it's a tough call between Muzzell and Switch

Looking at the video multiple times, I gotta say Muzzell had some ill flows on that sesh
DJ Remy USA 8:58 PM - 24 December, 2014
Quote:
because you are watching the wrong djs? they were all good, but nothing that hasnt been done ad nauseum by countless u.s. djs.

I have to disagree I know plenty of good DJs from the U.S. but these guys actually give off the vibe that they live this shit 100% they are proud of the DJ culture and what it represent. We dont have that culture anymore in the US, its all about the fame and taking selfie's with bitches and popping bottles and just being the cool DJ that everyone likes cause he's so cool doesnt matter if he sucks he's cool and thats all that matters....anyways I think the UK guys are owning shit and Im schedule to play in Europe this summer so I need to step my game waaaaaaay the hell up before I go.
DJ Shameless 6:05 PM - 25 December, 2014
best cutting room session yet

tiger styles owned imo
Mr. Goodkat 9:33 PM - 25 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I have to disagree I know plenty of good DJs from the U.S. but these guys actually give off the vibe that they live this shit 100% they are proud of the DJ culture and what it represent. We dont have that culture anymore in the US, its all about the fame and taking selfie's with bitches and popping bottles and just being the cool DJ that everyone likes cause he's so cool doesnt matter if he sucks he's cool and thats all that matters....anyways I think the UK guys are owning shit and Im schedule to play in Europe this summer so I need to step my game waaaaaaay the hell up before I go.

grass is always greener. styles change. if you rarely saw craze and klever do routines you would probably think the same thing.

craze just playing around sounds better to me, guess that just my opinion

Watchwww.youtube.com