Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Customizable track overview and waveform markers

Entro 9:04 PM - 9 December, 2014
There's a great feature in MixVibes' Cross software that would be awesome to implement in Serato: customizable track overview markers.

In Cross, you can set the lines in the track overview to a certain number of beats (like 16, 32, etc.) In Serato, currently those lines are just minute markers.

It would be so much more useful to see the phrases on the track overview. So you could set the lines to 32 beats to mark phrase changes and save cue points for other things.

This could be implemented on the full beatgrid waveforms too, so rather than showing me that I'm on bar 137, I could have the option of setting them to cycle back to 1 after 16 bars. Know what I mean?
DJwhizkid 9:37 PM - 9 December, 2014
For me it will be ideal if we could set markers on the track and give names to these sections (intro/drop/build/break), and then have the option to toggle the basic waveform screen to the structure map of the track when different colors will represent different section.
This way we could have a better visual feedback about the structure of the track.
Now when playing the track serato will show in the white circle (where is the time info and bpm) the current section name and a countdown for the next one in beats/bars.

This will be awesome.
Riko Roos 2:27 PM - 11 December, 2014
+1 for Whizkids suggestion
Entro 9:35 PM - 11 December, 2014
Quote:
For me it will be ideal if we could set markers on the track and give names to these sections (intro/drop/build/break)

So if I understand you correctly, you're suggesting the ability to "map" a waveform with colour-coded, name-able "sections". Right? Would this be on the full scrolling waveform or the track overview?

Basically that would be like putting a fill colour between a given set of beats or bars within the track, yes? That would be cool too. The virtual deck could then change colour based on what section you are in. The info in the virtual deck would need to be switched up a bit (beat counter view maybe)?

Cool suggestion! I think mine might be a bit less programming intensive, since all they'd need to do is modify things that are already in place (track overview minute markers and the numbers on the beatgrid).
Mr Wilks 1:05 AM - 12 December, 2014
I'm not sure if the tech was carried over from the bridge in SSL but SSL used to be able to tell what bar and phrase it was in.

Implementing it would be cool.
DJwhizkid 2:25 AM - 12 December, 2014
You understood correctly :)
I think it would be on both while it enabled. The waveform will still be visible though, cause the colors can be transparent in some way.
Every feature that will give us some some beats/phrases counter will help a lot.
maarawoe 10:10 PM - 30 January, 2015
Please!! I need to know how mane beats/bars are to the next cue..........
I will sell my traktor the same day serato have this feature!
Edgar Paz 5:24 PM - 16 June, 2015
This with the new beat jump feature would be so perfect.
Sludgeguts 12:29 AM - 17 June, 2015
Note bar 8 17 25 33 on the waveform they are white the others are grey. I would like to manually adjust these since not all tunes behave properly.
DJ Ravien 2:11 AM - 26 July, 2015
+1 It sounds similar to one of the features traktor has. Where you can hover over the wave form and get the count of bars from/to the current play head. Was excellent way to figure out where to set cue points.