Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ lost library during gig

Cham 7:52 PM - 8 December, 2014
On saturday we were playing in a club and suddenly SDJ just stopped playing. Looked at the screen and there was not a single song in the library. A quick restart of the program fixed it. Really annoying since the club was full, the crowd was jumping and it was three minutes until closing.

Has this happened to anyone else?

SDJ 1.7.1, Macbook pro I7, SL4, Dicers, and a thumb drive plugged in.
Kmxorbit 8:05 PM - 8 December, 2014
Wow Scary! BRRRrrrrrr...
Nope , never had an issue like that. (hope I never have to experience that)

But, I know that corrupt files can cause that kind of behaviour with SDJ.
Do you remember the song on which it happened?
or the next song you were selecting?
You might want to double check that.

If the files are OK, I have no clue what the root cause can be.
Gio Alex 8:10 PM - 8 December, 2014
That's really scary! Was the music coming from the thumb drive by any chance?

My friend told me she once lost a crate in SDJ.
Cham 9:07 PM - 8 December, 2014
I know what song that was playing. Not sure what came after that since I left the decks to my buddy. the song that was playing has been analyzed and played on many gigs before.

That song was on the thumb drive and whatever was coming next was on the computer. But the weird part was that the whole library disappeared. SDJ was just empty.
Cham 9:13 PM - 8 December, 2014
I will re-analyze everything and see.
Kmxorbit 9:41 PM - 8 December, 2014
Ask your buddy what song he selected.
Chances are quite high you'll find the root cause there...
Cham 9:54 PM - 8 December, 2014
actually trying to figure that out at the moment but he can't remember if he even had loaded anything, and there is no crash report. but the song I remember is also the last one in the history until the restart.
It is really strange, no crash, just no library and nothing loaded in the virtual decks.
Kmxorbit 9:58 PM - 8 December, 2014
Quote:
It is really strange, no crash, just no library and nothing loaded in the virtual decks.

Yup, that's the weird behaviour it can have with corrupt files. It doesn't crash. It just fails working in certain area's. restart is the only option left then.
DJ Tecniq 8:55 AM - 9 December, 2014
This is very odd. I just did a clean install of mavericks and redid my entire library and re-analyzed everything. They are fine in Scratchlive but there's no files in any of my crates in the latest version of SDJ. How is this possible? The crates are there but no files whatsoever
controversial 2:50 AM - 16 December, 2015
I been having same type of issues, I was told by serato that it is the size of my library and amount of crates and files. I even bought a g-raid thunderbolt 8tb hd and still having same issue with serato 1.8.1 but 1.7.8 is fine

here is a video of what happened to me

Watchwww.youtube.com