Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Senato Crash OSX, when online

Tobes 9:19 AM - 22 November, 2014
Hi,

This is driving me mad!

I've bought the Pitch n Time expansion so to try to activate it in SDJ I click on Online, enter my email and password and then SDJ totally crashes.

Tried repairing permissions and the SSD, same thing.

I've tried it in safe boot, same thing.

I've tried database repair, moving the _Serato out of music so it recreates that, same thing.

I'm on 1.7.1 so I tried the 1.7.2 beta, same thing.

I set up a new user and logged into that.... and it worked, I could login. So, it seems to be something on my user account that's causing the problem. Now, remember that I tried it in safe boot mode and it still crashed so it's not a third party piece of software that's causing it, it must be a preference file of some sort... but what‽

I can't just use the newly created login and use SDJ on that as all my music is in my 'normal login' iTunes library so I'd have to totally recreate that for the new login = pain!

I tried opening up a support ticket but all that happened was they appeared to ignore everything else I wrote apart from the phrase "1.7.2 beta" and told me to write in the forum there! The beta isn't the issue, it happens on 1.7.1 as well.

Can you lovely people help at all as to what the rogue preference might be?

If it helps this is the first part of the crash report, why it references a Facebook plug that I can find no help with via Google I have no idea, maybe you do!

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
__TEXT 000000000004a000-0000000001b6e000 [ 27.1M] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/Serato DJ.app/Contents/MacOS/Serato DJ

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x974f40b5 CFDictionaryGetValue + 37
1 com.facebook.plugin 0x1d1d3694 CGImageProcessor::CGImageProcessor() + 300
2 com.facebook.plugin 0x1d1d4cca __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int) + 44
3 dyld 0x8feeb0b3 ImageLoaderMachO::doModInitFunctions(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 291
4 dyld 0x8feeb218 ImageLoaderMachO::doInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 64

Thank you all.
Tobes 9:20 AM - 22 November, 2014
And yes I meant to write Serato in the subject! I was typing too fast ;-)
Tobes 9:31 AM - 22 November, 2014
Wow! I fixed it!

In case anyone else gets this problem....

It WAS a rogue old Facebook internet plugin. Facebook photo zoom was still in my Internet plugins folder, deleted it, BOOM! Logged in fine, all is well.

Phew :-)
Serato
Nathan.H 8:25 PM - 29 December, 2014
This is an issue with older versions of the Facebook Photo Uploader which is no longer compatible with Yosemite. This will also cause crashes with Firefox, Google Earth, and any other application that tries to load the plugin (which happens when you try to make a web site show).

The "Facebook Plugin" instructions on Firefox's website should fix this:
Quote:
To resolve, remove the file fbplugin from user Library (~/Library) Internet Plug-ins folder, which is hidden by default
Pressing Apple+Shift+G in Finder will open a box where you can type "~/Library" to get around the hidden problem and show the "Internet Plug-ins" folder.