Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

AFX missing Backpack FX pack

ClippaJ 9:50 PM - 10 November, 2014
I recently bought the Akai AFX, which is advertised as including Serato Flip and the Backpack FX pack. It only had a voucher for Serato Flip in the sealed plastic bag with the manuals. No code for the Backpack FX. Anyone else had the same experience?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:00 AM - 11 November, 2014
Hi ClippaJ,

I'd recommend you get in contact with Akai and they can assist you with this -> www.akaipro.com (click link).

Cheers,
Michael.
deejdave 3:30 AM - 11 November, 2014
Bought the AFX but unfortunately I already have EVERY expansion pack Serato offers so I could not take advantage of the voucher. As you said I only got the voucher for FLIP anyways though.

Reminds me of Serato Video in which case I had FOUR vouchers from Pioneer for Serato Video.
ClippaJ 10:44 AM - 11 November, 2014
Thanks Michael, I've contacted them and am waiting for a reply. I spoke to the shop I bought the unit from and they said that registering Serato online would activate it for me. Because I already owned SL2, I had already registered my software/hardware online. Could that be the case?
Deejdave: interesting to hear you didn't have a code either. ..Also if you have any of those spare video vouchers kicking about... ;)
ClippaJ 11:45 AM - 11 November, 2014
@Michael R - I just looked at the devices registered in my profile and it says I've got a Pioneer DDJ‑SX.. I don't. Could this all be linked?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 7:37 PM - 11 November, 2014
Hey ClippaJ,

Quote:
I spoke to the shop I bought the unit from and they said that registering Serato online would activate it for me.

I'm afraid that's not the case, we don't have a system like that. Hopefully Akai will get back to you with a reply soon! Thanks for your patience.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:17 PM - 11 November, 2014
Quote:
I just looked at the devices registered in my profile and it says I've got a Pioneer DDJ‑SX.. I don't.

Also if you want to remove hardware from your profile, you are able to do so by clicking the delete button next to the hardware -> serato.com
Usta_B_aDJ 4:04 AM - 12 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I just looked at the devices registered in my profile ae]
Also if you want to remove hardware from your profile, you are able to do so by clicking the delete button next to the hardware -> serato.com

I'm having the same issue...I contacted serato support and they told me to contact the retailer.....(my first job in the morning)

Clippa has contacted Akai and has not recived a reply.

I think this is going to be a common thread unless it gets sorted out soon.
zoomwire 7:42 AM - 12 November, 2014
Yes my AFX is also missing the backpack fx :/
ClippaJ 2:07 PM - 12 November, 2014
Serato. You sure you don't know what's going on here? Akai still haven't responded after 3 days... And it looks like quite a few people are in the same boat.
Usta_B_aDJ 2:29 PM - 12 November, 2014
Hiya Clippa :)

Just got off the phone to Akai .... They are looking into it and are going to call me back ... I will PM you the number and name and you can try that ... I think the more people that make them aware of this issue the faster it will be fixed.

I think maybe we should be compensated for 1) Bringing this problem to the attention of both Serato and Akai 2) All the time and money used up to call around to try and HELP fix this issue :)
ClippaJ 3:26 PM - 12 November, 2014
Nice one Usta, cheers!
deejdave 3:53 PM - 12 November, 2014
Quote:
I think maybe we should be compensated for 1) Bringing this problem to the attention of both Serato and Akai 2) All the time and money used up to call around to try and HELP fix this issue :)

Being the only ones who bought this and actually get the FX pack will be the compensation. ALLLL those poor individuals who bought them and have no idea this thread is going on and never will are at a loss.
Usta_B_aDJ 3:58 PM - 12 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Being the only ones who bought this and actually get the FX pack will be the compensation. ALLLL those poor individuals who bought them and have no idea this thread is going on and never will are at a loss.

I agree ... It's just a communication issue here really i think .... Serato informed me that they sell the licenses to Aaki .... Akai are supposed to ship the unit's with the code.

I think anyone buying this Controler will be aware of this forum ... And i'm sure if they google the issue they will find this thread .... That's how i got here :)

So thank's to Clippa J :)
deejdave 4:13 PM - 12 November, 2014
You'd be surprised how many Serato users don't even know about these forums. This is why when there are issues and EVERYONE thinks the WHOLE world is having the same issues I laugh. Most don't realize there is a WHOLE world who is not having issues. Otherwise they would seek support. Most people don't go on the forums to say "hey guess what everyone? My sertao gear is working perfectly thanks" but they won't hesitate two seconds to find EVERY resource they can when things go wrong including these forums........................ which again is why the appearance becomes (at times) that most people are having issues.

Sad part here is if a DJ who buys the Akai doesn't know there is an issue (as in they got screwed out of the FX pack) by now they unfortunately will probably never know.

Hopefully this thread will show up for anyone who does seek support though.
Usta_B_aDJ 8:53 PM - 16 November, 2014
Still Not Herd Back From Akai Regarding Missing Expansion Pack !!!

Buyer beware !
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:02 AM - 17 November, 2014
Hi everyone,

Let me reach out to Akai and I'll post back here with more info.

Thanks for your patience!
Michael.
Usta_B_aDJ 12:42 PM - 17 November, 2014
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Let me reach out to Akai and I'll post back here with more info.

Thanks for your patience!
Michael.

Hiya Michael R :)

Thank you
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 4:05 PM - 17 November, 2014
Hello everyone,

Sorry for any inconvenience that you may have had while you were activating your Backpack Expansion Pack. Please re-register your Akai FX controller by logging into your Akai Pro account - www.akaipro.com. After re-registering your Akai AFX controller, you'll see a voucher code that you can copy and paste into ENTER VOUCHER CODE under My Account in Serato DJ. After entering this code, you'll now be able to activate your expansion pack in Serato DJ. For further assistance on how to activate your FX Expansion Pack, log onto serato.com. I hope this helps!

Thanks everyone!
Usta_B_aDJ 4:45 PM - 17 November, 2014
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Sorry for any inconvenience that you may have had while you were activating your Backpack Expansion Pack. Please re-register your Akai FX controller by logging into your Akai Pro account - www.akaipro.com. After re-registering your Akai AFX controller, you'll see a voucher code that you can copy and paste into ENTER VOUCHER CODE under My Account in Serato DJ. After entering this code, you'll now be able to activate your expansion pack in Serato DJ. For further assistance on how to activate your FX Expansion Pack, log onto serato.com. I hope this helps!

Thanks everyone!

Thank You For Your Help Chris :)

Peace
deejdave 4:46 PM - 17 November, 2014
Handled like professionals..........................
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:26 PM - 17 November, 2014
Thanks NumarkChris!

Glad we could get it sorted for you all :)
grandpa ramo 2:23 AM - 21 November, 2014
Was waiting close more than two weeks. Re-registered at akai' website and BInGO!
Took a bit but resolved nicely.
Loving the afx so much!
gav Clifton 12:05 AM - 21 January, 2015
I picked up an AFX yesterday and am having this problem (no code for backpack) it is registered on akai along with my AMX but no code. so I followed the instruction to re register the device (now showing 2 AFX with the same serial-no: in the "my product's") & still no code on either, I have contacted akai and suppose its a waiting game now, happy with the unit but it is quite annoying though as getting the fx pack and flip was part of my reason for buying AFX!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:29 AM - 21 January, 2015
Hi gav Clifton,

Hopefully AKAI will get back to you soon, but if they don't please let me know and I'll try and chase it up.

Cheers,
Michael.
gav Clifton 12:25 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Hi gav Clifton,

Hopefully AKAI will get back to you soon, but if they don't please let me know and I'll try and chase it up.

Cheers,
Michael.

Hi Michael, I have just called Akai Uk and the guy I was speaking to was no help whatsoever, clearly reading from a script or online instructions and ended up telling me its an issue with Serato due to the fact my flip expansion code was there and is working but not the backpack, he couldn't grasp that I was trying to explain the flip code was in the box and the b-pack fx one "should" be appearing after I registered the unit but it hasn't. he seamed to think the 1 code (in the box) should have opened both, so he told me to contact Serato but "don't ring them" as there in Aukland, lol. so any help or advice you could give will be gratefully appreciated. I have registered the unit a 3rd time without the (21) part of the serial no: thinking that could be the reason but still no code.
DJ Sparkes 3:01 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
I picked up an AFX yesterday and am having this problem (no code for backpack) it is registered on akai along with my AMX but no code. so I followed the instruction to re register the device (now showing 2 AFX with the same serial-no: in the "my product's") & still no code on either, I have contacted akai and suppose its a waiting game now, happy with the unit but it is quite annoying though as getting the fx pack and flip was part of my reason for buying AFX!

I'm having the exact same issue.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 3:26 PM - 21 January, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'd like to chime in here. Please follow my directions below to help you all out.

Quote:

Thanks everyone!
DJ Sparkes 4:22 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to chime in here. Please follow my directions below to help you all out.

Quote:

Thanks everyone!

I've tried that. Didn't work.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 4:31 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Contact Akai Pro support to help you out. Log onto akaipro.com to contact support.
DJ Sparkes 4:48 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Contact Akai Pro support to help you out. Log onto akaipro.com to contact support.

I've phoned them 3 days in a row just to told they will get to me with an answer. But they never do.
gav Clifton 5:34 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Ive done that (3 times) & now have 3 x AFX showing in the "my registered devices" all with same s-no: is there a way to delete them ? still no code on any of them. & to be fair I'm not keen on registering the same device over and over as I don't want to cause any issues with having loads of the same unit and serial no: registered.

Quote:
Hello,

Done that, Plus spoke to them on the phone today via the no: on Akai.com for the UK only to be told on the phone its all Serato's fault and to contact them instead, (Please see my earlier post). seems its not only me, as djsparks is clearly having the same issue and appears to be getting the same responses !
Logisticalstyles 1:58 AM - 22 January, 2015
It's not working for me either. I'll go ahead and contact support as advised by NumarkChris.
DJ Sparkes 12:41 PM - 22 January, 2015
I've contacted Akai on the uk number and Lewis (poor chap who works for Akai in the UK) has been waiting for a reply from America for 3 days. So he basically can't help either.

This is quite ridiculous and makes them look really incompetent. The product is fantastic but the support is s**t.

This has nothing to do with Serato - who are legends in there lifetime.
gav Clifton 1:41 AM - 23 January, 2015
Hey guys I got mine to work !!!!! I thought it was worth a shot to re-register the AFX again, (4th time) lol, and the only thing I did differently was to type "Serato" in the box that says [software Version if applicable] I now feel a bit daft for not putting it in on the 1st go, but in my defense Its not clear as to what"software" its referring to AND I didn't think a Serato only control unit would need it due to it saying "if applicable". but anyway as soon as I was back on my products page the code was there under the serial no:, hopefully this can sort it for you guys as well, Or did i just get 4th time lucky ? if you haven't put serato in the box give it a go ! nothing to lose lol, Hope it works for you guys, thanks for the help and advice. Gav
Usta_B_aDJ 10:54 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys I got mine to work !!!!! I thought it was worth a shot to re-register the AFX again, (4th time) lol, and the only thing I did differently was to type "Serato" in the box that says [software Version if applicable] I now feel a bit daft for not putting it in on the 1st go, but in my defense Its not clear as to what"software" its referring to AND I didn't think a Serato only control unit would need it due to it saying "if applicable". but anyway as soon as I was back on my products page the code was there under the serial no:, hopefully this can sort it for you guys as well, Or did i just get 4th time lucky ? if you haven't put serato in the box give it a go ! nothing to lose lol, Hope it works for you guys, thanks for the help and advice. Gav

Glad you got it sorted Gav :)

Been using my AFX for a while now and i have to say it's an awesome bit of kit... Having never used a controller before it took a bit of getting used to ... But i don't think i could be without it now :)
DJ Sparkes 11:52 AM - 23 January, 2015
I got it sorted... I was told that they were having a few issues with the website. They removed my previous attempts to register and then asked me to do it again... It worked.

I am now fully BackPack FX'd up..... It did take a week though which isn't great and the communication was terrible. But we got there in the end.
Logisticalstyles 1:13 AM - 30 January, 2015
I still haven't gotten mine yet. I got an email from an Akai rep asking me if I'm still having problems with my device. He obviously didn't read my help request. Otherwise he would know I wasn't having trouble with my device, just the expansion pack. I tried re-registering my product but I can't use the same Serial Number twice.
DJ Sparkes 12:00 PM - 30 January, 2015
Got mine sorted in the end.

You need to tell them to remove the old one from your account so you can re-register it.

It took me 2 weeks of phone calls and emails. I also posted on there facebook page. Which seamed to sper them on. Lol
Logisticalstyles 1:28 PM - 31 January, 2015
So my Akai rep just emailed me and told me I need to contact Serato about this.
DJ Sparkes 1:54 PM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:

That's just not true. The license for the fx pack is sold with the AFX. Akai bought the licenses off Serato for distribution with there AFX product. It's there website that is broken and I have emails from them outline the above and apologising for the website issues. Akai need to improve the customer service.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:42 PM - 1 February, 2015
Hi Logisticalstyles,

Quote:

Odd that they would say that, this is an AKAI promotion. Have you tried the steps that NumarkChris posted earlier?

Quote:
Please re-register your Akai FX controller by logging into your Akai Pro account - www.akaipro.com. After re-registering your Akai AFX controller, you'll see a voucher code that you can copy and paste into ENTER VOUCHER CODE under My Account in Serato DJ. After entering this code, you'll now be able to activate your expansion pack in Serato DJ. For further assistance on how to activate your FX Expansion Pack, log onto serato.com.

Please let me know if that helps or not.

Cheers,
Michael.
Logisticalstyles 9:02 PM - 2 February, 2015
Thanks I'll try that when I get home tonight.
Logisticalstyles 3:26 AM - 3 February, 2015
Ok I just tried it again and I get an error that the serial number I entered has already been used. I tried registering it with the (21) before the serial number and i got an error that the serial number is invalid. I can't try re-registering the device as long as the original registration is still there.
My Akai rep (Alex) doesn't seem to understand how this promotion works.
DJ Sparkes 8:20 AM - 3 February, 2015
Yo need to get Akai to remove the other one from your account. But that's easier said than done.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:56 AM - 4 February, 2015
Hey Logisticalstyles,

I'll follow this up with AKAI and get someone to help you out :)

Cheers,
Michael.
Logisticalstyles 5:45 AM - 4 February, 2015
Thanks! I got an email today and he unregistered it for me. I was able to re-register it and the voucher showed up this time. I got the expansion pack opened up.
Numark, Support
Numark Rob 3:59 PM - 4 February, 2015
Hi Logsticalstyles,

Akai Tech Support Here. Sorry to hear that you've had difficulty getting up and running quickly with the content included with your Akai AFX. We'll be glad to help!

I'm glad to hear Alex was able to clear the previous registration on your AFX, allowing you to register it to get the included Serato Back Pack FX Expansion Pack.

To summarize for other users who may come across this thread or need help too:

The Akai AFX includes a USB cable, and the following complimentary software:

● Serato Flip plugin (limited-time offer) - a card is included in the box, printed with a license code and steps to download and activate a complimentary installation of the Serato Flip plugin for Serato DJ (Serato DJ is not included).

● Serato Back Pack FX Expansion Pack - log in to your akaipro.com user account and Register your AFX. Once registered, a License Code and activation instructions for the expansion pack appear on your My Account page at akaipro.com.

Since there IS a card for Flip inside the box, but NOT a card for the Back Pack FX Expansion Pack, it's easy to understand that the first thought would be that something is missing from the box. We recognize this, and apologize for the confusion or difficulty this has caused.

Also, it in some cases, a customer may have a unit that, for one reason or another, has already been registered to another user on akaipro.com. In this case, a 'this serial has already been registered' error might be encountered. If you have any difficulty using, registering, or obtaining the included software for your product, please visit www.akaipro.com and submit a 'product registration assistance' support ticket. The Akai Support team can assist!

To help customers get quick answers about the AFX and the included software, we've added the following articles to the product page and knowledge base at akaipro.com:

www.akaipro.com
www.akaipro.com

Also, it looks like when you contacted Akai support, your inquiry wasn't immediately resolved. We'll review the AFX software promotions with our fellow team members, and how we can quickly provide a resolution to any similar inquiries that may come up.

Thanks again for reaching out. We appreciate the opportunity to assist!
Logisticalstyles 8:21 PM - 4 February, 2015
Thanks Numark Rob!