Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Adjusting the Beat Grid Speed

djnickname 3:40 PM - 26 October, 2014
When editing the beat grid by adjusting or slipping, it can take a very long time to move the marker to the required position on the waveform when holding the button down. Can this be changed that the longer the button is pressed, that faster the beat grid adjusts/slides?
dizzyrocks2001 4:43 PM - 26 October, 2014
+1
Riko Roos 8:19 PM - 26 October, 2014
Add the first beat marker on the right position and voila?!
djnickname 9:19 PM - 26 October, 2014
Some times there isn't a right position to add the first beat mark to.
Konix 11:47 PM - 26 October, 2014
Hold Shift down on your keyboard then the arrow keys to move faster.
djnickname 12:37 PM - 2 November, 2014
That was my suggestion that I sent in during the BETA testing of 1.6.

That has the same function as holding the | >> button down.

Still takes an age when you need to Slip 4 or 5 bars.
DJ Compiler 3:56 PM - 2 November, 2014
It would be quicker just to delete and reset your down beat if you have to slip that far
djnickname 4:39 PM - 2 November, 2014
You are misunderstanding the scenario.

When I required to do this, it is because there is a load of silence/ambience i.e. no beat to place the first marker on.
DJ Compiler 4:52 PM - 2 November, 2014
I'd have to see an example of what you're talking about. No matter where you place your first marker it extends the beatgrid to the left and the right of it. Everything to the left is denoted by negative bar markers and everything to the right is denoted by positive ones. So if you wanted the silence gridded before the beats it would still be gridded. If I could see some pictures or videos of the tracks you're talking about I think I'd have a better understanding of the problem.
Papa Midnight 5:42 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
You are misunderstanding the scenario.

When I required to do this, it is because there is a load of silence/ambience i.e. no beat to place the first marker on.

Indeed. This is especially brutal when gridding Acapellas.
djchrisL 11:58 PM - 27 December, 2014
+1
djnickname 9:23 PM - 19 January, 2015
Quote:
I'd have to see an example of what you're talking about. No matter where you place your first marker it extends the beatgrid to the left and the right of it. Everything to the left is denoted by negative bar markers and everything to the right is denoted by positive ones. So if you wanted the silence gridded before the beats it would still be gridded. If I could see some pictures or videos of the tracks you're talking about I think I'd have a better understanding of the problem.

Download The Nine by Bad Company and analyse it.
Telony Ex 4:04 AM - 20 January, 2015
right click on the >> or any one of the desired buttons in the software to continue to slip or slide pressing said button will stop slip or slide