Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Best Powered Subwoofers

Sam Abbaticola 3:18 PM - 24 October, 2014
Hi I'm looking to purchase 2 powered 18 inch subwoofers, I just want to get any ones opinion on what they like or use. The max I am looking to spend is roughly $1,500 and I am looking for a sub that has a great punch and can also hit lower frequency
musiclee 4:40 PM - 24 October, 2014
Well I have a pair of QSC KW 181, killer bass
Each is $1,400.
So maybe you do like i did, but 1 now, save, then get another

Honestly, I take just 1 to 80% of my gigs, they pump lots of bass
musiclee 4:40 PM - 24 October, 2014
I'd rather have 1 awesome sub. Then 2 "inferior" ones
dj_soo 5:50 PM - 24 October, 2014
$1500 for two subwoofers will not get you anywhere near "the best".
Sam Abbaticola 7:24 PM - 24 October, 2014
I'm sorry about 1,500 for one
Ariel M 10:31 PM - 24 October, 2014
A lot of good review on EV ETX-18SP

Also, Yorkville LS801p

Visit the General DJing Discussion a lot of topics in there with regards to subwoofer.
Marvin Myers 11:08 PM - 24 October, 2014
RCF makes great stuff.
musiclee 5:03 AM - 25 October, 2014
Ye RCF, EV, Yorkville, QSC,

I like Yorkville but their 18" is crazy big and heavy
DJ Big T Silva 5:39 AM - 25 October, 2014
The Yorkville parasource entire lineup looks great. I want to hear from someone who has heard both the tops and subs. Anyone??
raedonquan 10:27 AM - 25 October, 2014
one good real sub is around what u want to spend... your not going to get 2 for that price that is worth using
musiclee 1:28 PM - 25 October, 2014
And 1 really good sub is better than 2 entry level
Less weight. Better sound

Remember you don't need 2 to be "stereo"
Put your sub in the middle and 2 tops to the sides
shadow23 1:33 PM - 25 October, 2014
I better duck for cover after posting this. I bought a Behringer B1800D Pro and quite happy with it.
dj_soo 9:49 PM - 25 October, 2014
Quote:
I'm sorry about 1,500 for one

Ah, then you can get some good ones.

For sheer output nothing in that price range comes close to the Yorkville ls801p or, if you want ridiculous bass, the ls2100p

Both are massive tho are will require help transporting.

The Ev etx18sp gets good reviews as do most rcf subs. The kw181s are decent but most other subs in that price range will outperform them - the main appeal of the kw181s is the small size and weight allowing for easy transport and the reputation for reliability and the 6 year warranty.

Quote:
The Yorkville parasource entire lineup looks great. I want to hear from someone who has heard both the tops and subs. Anyone??

Haven't heard the subs, but the tops sound amazing. Better than the kw tops imo. Haven't heard the etx yet.
pdidy 10:13 PM - 25 October, 2014
Quote:

Most people are still buying the older yorkville stuff like the ls801p, its unlikely you will find enough people that own the Yorkville parasource to made an informed decision.
dj_soo 2:28 AM - 26 October, 2014
I'm not even sure the subs are available yet - we have a long and mcquade in my city and although the tops have been available for several months, still haven't seen the subs come in...
Blackie Lox 10:10 AM - 27 October, 2014
The JBL PRX line is pretty good. I have the 15" sub that I take to small gigs (only 56 lbs). The 18" model is 81 lbs and under $1500
Joee 6:14 PM - 27 October, 2014
for well under your budget
yorkville.com

you just can't get more bang for your buck than you do with this sub,just one will outperform a pair of most 18" subs
DJ123 8:36 PM - 22 February, 2017
do any one know were you can purchase yorkville Ls801p amp module at ?
Hanginon 10:00 PM - 22 February, 2017
Some are critical of the LS801p's sound - it can sound "boomy". Scroll to the bottom of this page - the curve with the huge peak at around 67Hz is the LS801p.

bassboss.discussion.community
Hanginon 10:04 PM - 22 February, 2017
That 67Hz peak can actually help with dance music, but the LS801p is actually deficient in really low frequencies, which can hurt EDM and Hip-Hop.
pdidy 10:46 AM - 23 February, 2017
Quote:
Some are critical of the LS801p's sound - it can sound "boomy". Scroll to the bottom of this page - the curve with the huge peak at around 67Hz is the LS801p.

bassboss.discussion.community

Quote:
That 67Hz peak can actually help with dance music, but the LS801p is actually deficient in really low frequencies, which can hurt EDM and Hip-Hop.

All true but the fact is most people are totally oblivious to the LS801p limitations in producing deep bass. Why ? because most people do not have a trained ear including most DJs, So they cannot differentiate between "good" bass and "excellent" bass sound quality.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:10 PM - 23 February, 2017
Quote:

All true but the fact is most people are totally oblivious to the LS801p limitations in producing deep bass. Why ? because most people do not have a trained ear including most DJs, So they cannot differentiate between "good" bass and "excellent" bass sound quality.

Until they go somewhere and feel that excellent bass in their chest and say "oh shit".
pdidy 5:58 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Until they go somewhere and feel that excellent bass in their chest and say "oh shit".

Yup.....I remember the first sub to make me go "oh shit" back in the 90's. community.klipsch.com
Hanginon 1:02 PM - 24 February, 2017
It all comes down to what a lot of people don't like to hear - "The Laws of Physics".

You get to pick only two out of these three - Loud, Low, Small (the term "Small" here for a sub is relative, it basically means "portable").

So, the LS801p is Loud and Small, they sacrificed Low. There are subs the size of the LS801p that are Low and Small, but they are not as Loud.

The EV pdidy referenced above is Loud, Low, BIG.

You pays your money, you makes your choice. There is no free lunch.
DJ123 8:31 PM - 24 February, 2017
Yorkville just released there two new powered subs yorkville ES18P and the yorkville ES15P

yorkville.com
DJKayce 3:11 AM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
Yorkville just released there two new powered subs yorkville ES18P and the yorkville ES15P

yorkville.com

Impressive subs.
Price Pls????
Hanginon 5:35 PM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Impressive subs.
Price Pls????

Impressive weight as well. I prefer the looks of tops over subs, rather than on tripods. Thus, I would need a pair.

Pair ES15p = 220 pounds. Pair of ES18p = 274 pounds. Ouch (even with the wheels), but I bet they're great!
Rebelguy 6:47 PM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:

yorkville.com

The 45hz spec ruined it for me. That means it's pretty much useless for most modern popular music.
Hanginon 9:13 PM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
The 45hz spec ruined it for me. That means it's pretty much useless for most modern popular music.

You might be right. Even though they reshaped the cabinet, if the "rear loaded bass horn" is still too short (like it is in the LS801p), bass will suffer.
Brad28 2:16 AM - 5 May, 2017
Yorkville for the win. My question is how will the new es18p compare to its clone the Yamaha dxs18 as I am shopping for new subs and saying tootleoo to my turbosound m15bs.