Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Pioneer DDJ-S1 Requests and Suggestions for Serato

DJ Arries 5:18 PM - 23 October, 2014
Hi, first time posting so hope it's the right place :)

I recently purchased a DDJ-S1 and made the jump to Serato DJ from Traktor. Very Happy!

Just some requests for Serato that I have noticed:

1. Can you change the function of the on/off button's LED of the effects to flash when the effects is activated when using Single Mode effects? (The same way the button flashes when mutli-mode effects are activated)

2. I might be incorrect but I think the green LEDs of the pitch faders are inverted? When the fader is at the bottom side of 0% the top LED lights up and vice versa? Or is this as it should be?

3. The loop in and out LED's - Is it possible to have them function the same as on CDJ's where when a loop is active the lights flash and do not just light up?

4. Is it also not maybe possible to have the Speed Adjust knob function the same as on the CDJ 900's where it controls the speed of the stop as well as start up, and not only the stopping speed?

Thanks in advance! :)
Keep up the good work!
Arries
DJ Arries 10:21 AM - 30 November, 2014
bump :)
RodrigoVolta 3:15 PM - 2 December, 2014
+1
RodrigoVolta 3:20 PM - 2 December, 2014
5. Back to use ALPHABET SEARCH that was abandoned by Serato and is very usefull when notebook is below of DDJ.

6. Rec button back to lit when is pressed.

7. REC MODE function back to work!!!
DJ Arries 12:56 PM - 7 December, 2014
Quote:
5. Back to use ALPHABET SEARCH that was abandoned by Serato and is very usefull when notebook is below of DDJ.

They could make it an option for guys that want to use that. I will not benefit from it as I always use my laptop on a stand.

Quote:
6. Rec button back to lit when is pressed.

7. REC MODE function back to work!!!

Could you please explain what you mean with 6? Is your recording light not lighting up RED when recording?

and @7: My recording works 100%? Is yours not?
RodrigoVolta 6:54 PM - 8 December, 2014
Quote:
Could you please explain what you mean with 6? Is your recording light not lighting up RED when recording?

No. LED is not lighting when I press REC button.

Quote:
and @7: My recording works 100%? Is yours not?

Yes, it's working, but LED not lit (or blink)!!
RodrigoVolta 7:01 PM - 8 December, 2014
Quote:
They could make it an option for guys that want to use that. I will not benefit from it as I always use my laptop on a stand.

Serato have deleted this function from SDJ. Not have anymore!!! DDJ-S1 have a Dock that allows stay notebook under the controller. It saves spaces in desk and put your eyes on screen all times!!! But lose the keyboard, unless use a external keyboard (impractical). ALPHABET SEARCH is very useful to use when notebook is installed on Dock!!
DJ Arries 9:20 AM - 9 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

No. LED is not lighting when I press REC button.

I will check later today how mine functions :)
DJ Arries 10:13 AM - 12 January, 2015
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Hope you see this message.

Are you still on your S1 and is it still not working as needed?

Armand
RodrigoVolta 12:01 PM - 12 January, 2015
Quote:
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Hope you see this message.

Are you still on your S1 and is it still not working as needed?

Armand

Hello!

My DDJ-S1 not working as needed yet with Serato DJ (lastest version)!
Because of this, unfortunately I have to use ITCH.

Thanks.
TigerDave 8:00 PM - 7 January, 2016
Per Serato Support I am adding to this request:

Quote:
2. I might be incorrect but I think the green LEDs of the pitch faders are inverted? When the fader is at the bottom side of 0% the top LED lights up and vice versa? Or is this as it should be?

I've noticed that the LEDs for the tempo controls on my DDJ-S1 are reversed (when comparing to the behavior inherent with Technics 1200 turntables).

For example, when sliding the tempo slider towards me to increase the tempo, the LED closest to me should illuminate to indicate that the tempo has been increased. Instead, the opposite LED illuminates for some weird reason.

Serato Support says it is currently functioning as designed, however, to me, the LEDs indicate which direction the slider has been moved. After all, we all know that feature comes directly from Technics 1200 turntables.

Please create a simple checkbox in the software's setup that would allow the end user to inverse the LEDs' behaviors.

A lot of us are coming from turntables here and that's how they have always worked and still do today.