Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pls help me set up Stanton Str8-80 with Rane sl3

Jorge Sotomayor 3:21 AM - 1 October, 2014
His guys I have recently bought 2 used Stanton Str8-80 they seem to be in good shape. These T. Tables don't have the ground wire so I think that's why I'm getting a sturdy noise when the tracks play, the platters don't seem to respond right either I have a Rane sl 3 connected to a Stanton SK Six ( 2 channel mixer) Can u pls give me directions, how to set this right, I Have to say that I am new to turn tables, it's the first time I attempt to play with them. Thank you !
Dj MacMillz 8:12 AM - 1 October, 2014
Under the platter, there's a switch set it to line... Because there's no ground wire, it's optional with that TT, you can install one though, but that's a bit more technical.
Jorge Sotomayor 3:22 PM - 1 October, 2014
Ok great thanks so much, I will try that when I get back home. Thanks again Mcmillz.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:15 PM - 2 October, 2014
Hi Jorge,

You can do either, change the level on the turntable or set the dip switch on the Rane SL3, just make sure they match (both phono or both line), as DJ MacMillz suggested.

Cheers
Karl
Jorge Sotomayor 1:23 PM - 2 October, 2014
Thanks Karl will try both tonight.
Jorge Sotomayor 2:11 AM - 4 October, 2014
Hey guys. The only switch that is under the platter is the voltage selector and that doesn't do it. I can't find any switch on this TT that switches from phono to line. And if I switch it from phono to line on the SL3 the virtual decks on serato doesn't even move. So I'm lost here.

Pls help
Jorge Sotomayor 2:47 AM - 4 October, 2014
Maybe a serato dj setting ? Because I try playing regular vinyls and they sound perfect.
Dj MacMillz 7:07 AM - 5 October, 2014
If you set the dip switches to phono, In SDJ settings it has to be Phono also...and vice versa for LINE

You've mentioned normal vinyls work. (We are gonna assume you hooked them up correctly to the right mixer input) which one was that? <---- just for clarification purposes

Have you checked the back of the unit to see if there is a switch?
Jorge Sotomayor 6:15 PM - 5 October, 2014
Yes they are connected on phono ins. where in Serato Dj settings is that option to set up phono or line ? and yes i have checked the mixer's back panel theres no switch either. thanks for ur help MacMillz.
Jorge Sotomayor 9:43 PM - 5 October, 2014
Hey guys. I solved the problem. It was the mixer, as you suggested I plugged the RCA s in the cd line outputs and set the mixer on cd lines and that was it. the sound is good. I have Now another situation, when i sctrach the platter doesn't respond correctly in serato dj virtual decks. Sorry for being a pain. Any advises ? Thanks
Dj MacMillz 9:44 PM - 5 October, 2014
It's inside the setup panel (once hardware is connected) in the Hardware panel, that's where you can switch it.

The switch I mentioned was for the TT on the back or under the platter.

I can imagine the level of frustration that's being caused, just tryna help you out, no worries.