Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

The New SL3........

Dj Sizzl3 6:09 PM - 2 April, 2009
I'm going to purchase (FINALLY), Serato this Saturday. Depending on where i purchase it; will it have the new SL3 included with the setup....or i guess im asking have they started selling them everywhere????
nobspangle 7:20 PM - 2 April, 2009
You get to choose you can buy either the SL 1 or the SL 3,

SL 3 is more expensive and most likely in very short supply at the moment.
DJ Doug Collins 10:27 PM - 5 April, 2009
If you can get the SL3, get it. No point to not buy it. It's not THAT much more expensive.
DJ SABreFEX 6:47 AM - 6 April, 2009
I just got one over the weekend, Pretty nice. Comes with the load 1.8.4 with the sampler triggers. Also comes with a cool new scratch live bag, Power adapter and is a bit smaller. Get the SL-3!!! Sound is also better.
DJBRIANM 1:36 PM - 6 April, 2009
I'm ordering mine this week--I should be able to use the 1.9 beta still with the SL3?
nobspangle 3:53 PM - 6 April, 2009
Quote:
I'm ordering mine this week--I should be able to use the 1.9 beta still with the SL3?

I don't think the beta supports the SL 3 yet but the final version of 1.9 will.
nobspangle 3:57 PM - 6 April, 2009
Changed my mind, RC 3 released on April 1st has support for the SL 3 serato.com
DJ S.A. 5:56 PM - 16 April, 2009
wish i could trade in my sl1 box for some $$$ off. I need the sl3!!
blackavenger 1:45 AM - 17 May, 2009
Quote:
wish i could trade in my sl1 box for some $$$ off. I need the sl3!!

I just don't understand you kids.........sell your SL1 on EBay!! There! That's your discount towards the SL3.
Laz219 3:36 AM - 8 June, 2009
That's the best way to do it, you'll get way more selling it than trading it in.

I'm looking to do it soon. Local shop has SL-3 on sale and will only cost me about $150(AUD) to upgrade after selling my SL-1 on ebay.
DJ S.A. 11:49 PM - 10 July, 2009
ya we kids know we can sell it on eBay. just thought it would be cool if the manufacter was doing something in that direction.
Laz219 2:45 AM - 11 July, 2009
A lot of people did and were actually pissed off Rane/Serato weren't offering this. To everybody else it just made sense...you want to buy a new product you need to pay for it.
DJ S.A. 4:37 PM - 11 July, 2009
of course i mean theres no reason to be pissed off most companies don't do this. i wouldn't be surprised if serato did somethin cool like this
bendeisel 10:21 PM - 15 October, 2009
...so what about people who bought the SL1 back when it was new and the USB connector that was known to be flawed (there is a reason it was redone twice now) finally goes out. I don't have the option to sell that crap on E-Bay since it doesn't work anymore. Now not only do i not get a "discount" for being a loyal customer, I get SCREWED into paying full price for software, records, power cable, etc that I already have. Not having a trade in program is BS when all the same basic frame ware is still there and the product just died out of poor design and standard operations. Rane techs should easily be able to take those SL 1 boxes, remove old parts, put in new ones, and resell that refurbished model for a huge profit. No, instead, I have to throw more electronics into a land fill somewhere and spend another huge chunk of my budget on a new product that I already had and was VERY happy with. DJing is already not a very profitable career as it is and having to spend more money because of a small (but essential) part failure is unfair and rediculous. Guess I'm not paying rent this month. THANKS RANE!
nobspangle 7:58 AM - 16 October, 2009
Quote:
...so what about people who bought the SL1 back when it was new and the USB connector that was known to be flawed (there is a reason it was redone twice now) finally goes out.

The SL 1 is still for sale and still supported by new versions of the software and it will continue to be. For a DJ that doesn't need the 3rd output or the record input the SL 1 is still great. My SL 1 is an original model, it has the all white lettering and came with CV01 vinyl and version 1.1 software in the box, it's still working perfectly. As far as I know Serato haven't changed the SL 1 apart from cosmetically changing the graphics on the side.
Quote:
I don't have the option to sell that crap on E-Bay since it doesn't work anymore.
If your SL 1 stops working through wear and tear from hard use, send it in to Rane and they will fix it for a small fee, you can put it on ebay and it will still recoup you some of the cost
Quote:
Now not only do i not get a "discount" for being a loyal customer, I get SCREWED into paying full price for software, records, power cable, etc that I already have.
The software is free, buying new hardware helps pay for the development of the new software, if Rane stopped selling new hardware they would have no money to give Serato for software development and no new software versions would be produced. The records wear out, I wouldn't dream of using my original records from my SL 1 with any of my hardware. Power cable for the SL 1 is different to the one supplied with the SL 3.
Quote:
Not having a trade in program is BS when all the same basic frame ware is still there and the product just died out of poor design and standard operations. Rane techs should easily be able to take those SL 1 boxes, remove old parts, put in new ones, and resell that refurbished model for a huge profit. No, instead, I have to throw more electronics into a land fill somewhere and spend another huge chunk of my budget on a new product that I already had and was VERY happy with. DJing is already not a very profitable career as it is and having to spend more money because of a small (but essential) part failure is unfair and rediculous. Guess I'm not paying rent this month. THANKS RANE!

As I said above, if your hardware is broken ring one of the guys on Rane support, discover where your money goes when you give it to Rane, they can fix your hardware for much less than the cost of buying a new box, and they can do it very quickly.
DJ Infiniti 3:43 AM - 17 October, 2009
i just sold my SL1 for $500 today and bought the SL3 for $600 can't wait for it to arrive!!!