Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Better zoomed in waveform for FLIP/cue points

Konix 2:56 PM - 14 September, 2014
I think we need to be able to zoom in the waveform much more now with FLIP. We need to be able to set very precise cue points, and to do that you need to be able to zoom in much closer on the waveform, the current maxed zoomed in level isn't good enough for setting precise and tight cue points for FLIP, especially for cutting out/skipping portions of tracks (which is all I use FLIP for, really). Even if super zoomed in waveforms were only available in the offline player, I'd be happy. Don't need sample level zoomed in (would be nice though), but a few levels more zoomed in than currently would be helpful. And just an FYI, Traktor Pro 2's waveforms can be zoomed down to the sample level, this was a major selling point/pitch when TP2 launched.
Papa Midnight 8:17 AM - 28 December, 2014
This would also be helpful for setting BEAT GRIDs. As we all know, this isn't always the most accurate process as it currently stands, and we need a manner in which to set these (even if it is only in the offline player) down to a more granular level.
DJ SP (UK) 11:21 PM - 30 December, 2014
+1
Mr Wilks 2:48 AM - 2 January, 2015
+1
Taco Bello 6:56 PM - 26 January, 2015
Yes, Please add greater zooming capability . This is something Mixmeister does real nice. In fact, it is a lot easier to use for flipping tracks.
maarawoe 11:36 AM - 27 January, 2015
+1
Riko Roos 2:36 PM - 27 January, 2015
+1
Heltino 4:30 PM - 28 January, 2015
+100

comming from Traktor I can so far say:
Pretty happy with SDJ, the switch was the correct decision.
BUT the wave form zoom is a real pain in the ass.
static wave form is unbelievable small, moving wave form is without enough zoom to grid it 100% perfectly. (depending on track and the specific waveform it´s nearly gambling to hit the downbeat 100% accurate.)

look at the full zoom of Traktor:
djtt-cdn-w3cache.s3.amazonaws.com

That is felt 2 kilometers deeper inside of the wave.
Mr Wilks 12:21 PM - 29 January, 2015
It's a real shame as Itch had deep zoom right down to sample level.
Konix 2:38 PM - 29 January, 2015
So did Serato DJ somewhat. I distinctly remember when the DDJ-SX first came out in November 2012, with Serato DJ v1.5, I could zoom down almost to the sample level with the pitch offset feature if I kept pitching down and down. So I know it can be done.
maarawoe 8:53 AM - 3 March, 2015
Its such a deal to make a better zoom?? - this is a feature that would take about 30 minutes to an average student to write (or more specifically to edit as the zoom is already there....)...
Marv Incredible 1:43 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
It's a real shame as Itch had deep zoom right down to sample level

Quote:
So did Serato DJ somewhat.

Agreed. I used to zoom in using the pitch knob on my novation Twitch and I swear I did it with SDJ as well as Itch.

a big +1
Aegis 9:40 PM - 14 May, 2017
Also agree. The zoom is not precise enough; I manually process all my tracks due to my experience in beatwarping with Live; There the zoom can get a bit silly but I do think that at least in Prepare view, I'd like to see about 4x the resolution I am seeing now.