Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Announcing the Numark NDX500

10:30 PM, 13 Sep 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJMIYAGI 1:34 AM - 14 September, 2014
Now we need an NDX1000 to replace the 800/900.
deejdave 3:20 AM - 14 September, 2014
This is a dark path indeed. Hope you guys know what you are doing.............
Foday stanley 4:50 PM - 14 September, 2014
Numark V7 ii, Rebuild would be class

Features
Leave all features as it is, plus add few new Features i.e Slip mode, flip e.t.c

Very Important Features

Cd player

USB

HID Mode

MPC Pads Replace Clue Point,

Syn/Play buttons can be made smaller for more space.

Make Compatible with all Software, Serato DJ 1st b4 any other Software lol.

NUMARK : If you read this pls step your game up, Pioneers are leaving you behind. Make a blog where your DJs can express themselves.

Serato DJ Team : Keep the Perfect Work up, we appreciate your effort.
katmoda 7:27 AM - 18 September, 2014
pioneer is being sold...
Davideon 4:39 PM - 20 September, 2014
Quote:
pioneer is being sold...

so. The same people will be there. Just means any profit / loss goes to a different parent company
katmoda 8:10 AM - 23 September, 2014
Maybe.. I don't actually care because I don't use pioneer equipment ;)
Dj infinity seen 99 4:08 AM - 10 October, 2014
Nice one from serato company pls continue upgrading all hardware with serato dj software
Dj Baserock 10:57 AM - 30 October, 2014
Any support for NDX-900?
Dj infinity seen 99 11:11 AM - 30 October, 2014
Well, very great work from serato if not serato company, no ther can do it because serato create more people to be upgraded to professsional dj so therefor without serato no pro dj thanks to serato and dj all over the world and all music lover too.
DJ Ed Wong 11:12 PM - 4 November, 2014
a) will tracks show up on the screen? (I assume - yes)

b) HID mode? (I assume - NO, but want YES)

c) Anyone got dimensions on the unit? Im guessing is a tad "deeper" (front to back) than a Denon DN-S1000?
DJ Ed Wong 11:31 PM - 4 November, 2014
also - the pictures aren't very clear - it would be helpful if there was a THR mode button on the deck so you didn't have to deal with the mouse to get the mode selected in Serato DJ (obviously, this only is usable if you have the DVS expansion)
deejdave 12:16 AM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
a) will tracks show up on the screen? (I assume - yes)

b) HID mode? (I assume - NO, but want YES)

c) Anyone got dimensions on the unit? Im guessing is a tad "deeper" (front to back) than a Denon DN-S1000?

By reading the description we know:
a.) "Text display for quickly and easily navigating media files
" - Self Explanatory

b.) "Control DJ software via USB MIDI
" - Self explanatory but this is seemingly in place of HID.

By reading the manual here www.numark.com We know:
c.) The dimensions are 8.5" x 11.5" x 4.2"

Quote:
also - the pictures aren't very clear - it would be helpful if there was a THR mode button on the deck so you didn't have to deal with the mouse to get the mode selected in Serato DJ (obviously, this only is usable if you have the DVS expansion)

Looking at the product description we know that the NDX-500 is NOT even compatible with SDJ DVS expansion pack. As a matter of fact why would you be using the DVS expansion pack with these in the first place? The whole point of them is to avoid using DVS. Hence the HID question you had originally.

Also if you wanted clearer pictures the manufacturer's website probably would have been the way to go. www.numark.com
DJ Ed Wong 4:29 AM - 8 November, 2014
The reason to use the DVS with the NDX500 is to play music CDs...
DJ Ed Wong 4:30 AM - 8 November, 2014
I need to rip my CD library (which is huge)

also - I haven't been that happy with the quality of the rips that I have.
I probably going to end up with straight AIFF (i.e. loss less) files
Disc space is cheap these days.
deejdave 4:33 AM - 8 November, 2014
Why would you use DVS? Wouldn't you just use CD's? As in pop in a CD and play it. This is exactly how all the Pioneer CDJ's work too. I am really not following you. Playing music CDs has absolutely NOTHING to do with DVS and has been around WAYYY longer than DVS even existed.

DVS is the technology (or software) that converts the timecode CD (or vinyl) and manipulates the digital music on your laptop in respect to the time of the media being played on the analog players.
deejdave 4:36 AM - 8 November, 2014
For the record keep in mind ANYTHING in the world that can play timecode media be it a CD player, DVD player, turntable, MP3 player or even the timecode being hardcoded into the firmware/software (Denon hybrid players or some DVS apps for mobile devices for example) is compatible with DVS>
DJ Ed Wong 12:38 PM - 8 November, 2014
Oh - sorry for the confusion:

I recently got an Akai AMX

The idea was to use the AMX instead of my Rane MP2 as my "light rig" mixer.
The MP2 has a mic in, the AMX does not, but my light rig also typically uses a Bose L1, so I have a ToneMatch to mix in the mics.

Anyway - I still have tons of CDs.
And my current players are DN-S1000s

So I was thinking of replacing the S1000s with one or two NDX500

Since Im using the AMX as the mixer, I need to have DVS, so I can have the THR, so I can play the CDs on the AMX.
Without DVS, the AMX will not allow an analog signal to go to the channels.

Obviously, the NDX500 can play a CD to a "normal" mixer.
And (apparently) the NDX500 can control Serato DJ via MIDI (i.e. the jog wheel works in Serato DJ due to "deep mapping" / Numark paid Serato)
deejdave 11:20 PM - 8 November, 2014
Correct BUT it is the mixer that MUST be compatible with DVS or THRU mode in order to achieve what you are inquiring about. Again the players have nothing to do with this as mentioned here.

Quote:

No worries though. I am sure this is making more sense to you now and that is a good thing. Keep on keepn' on!! LOL
Lionel Badrock 11:30 PM - 12 April, 2015
I just acquired the SL1 hardwear. I'm guessing these CDJs aren't compatible :(
deejdave 2:21 AM - 13 April, 2015
SL1 does not work with Serato DJ. NDX500 players are not native to Serato Scratch Live.
Lionel Badrock 9:08 AM - 13 April, 2015
Thought as much. Thanks, Dave. Looks like Ill be picking up some Pioneers instead. A bit more expensive but I guess they're a better choice anyway.
DJ Ed Wong 4:50 PM - 13 April, 2015
Quote:
Thought as much. Thanks, Dave. Looks like Ill be picking up some Pioneers instead. A bit more expensive but I guess they're a better choice anyway.

Another option, if you want to get something similar to a SL1, is the Denon "version"

serato.com