Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DVS Expansion Pack license question

Smartus 2:37 PM - 3 September, 2014
If I buy the DVS Expansion Pack, is it at license for one laptop or for one piece of controller hardware?

For example, I currently use my SL3 with 2-3 three different laptops (my newer Macbook at home, my old one at gigs + sometimes my DJ colleague's Windows laptop). If I'd get myself a Pioneer DDJ-SX2, would I have to buy 2-3 separate DVS expansion pack licenses if I want to be vinyl-enable with all those laptops? Or will the Pioneer controller somehow work as some sort of license dongle?

Also, in case it is a per-laptop license: is it possible to transfer it from laptop to laptop and how would that be done?
boabmatic 3:27 PM - 3 September, 2014
the serato licenses allow for activation on 2 laptops....
boabmatic 3:27 PM - 3 September, 2014
using the same serato login
Marv Incredible 1:19 AM - 4 September, 2014
And Serato have now made it incredibly simple to deactivate all plugins in order to activate them again on another computer. There's literally a deactivate all button and it's as simple as that.

I like a fool didn't really check this out before buying a 2nd set of FX packs because I didn't want the hassle. Then I found it was no hassle at all.
Smartus 10:46 AM - 4 September, 2014
Thanks for the replies. Was hoping for a "per controller" kind of license, but one license for two laptops + easy license transfer seems like a decent deal too.