Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Video sl product key issues

Product
Video-SL
Version
Video-SL
Scratch Live
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dj Beezie 8:44 PM - 27 March, 2009
Product: video-sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.5
---

trying to obtain my product key from my dell to transfer to my mac, but serato x'd out most of the key, making it impossible to transfer. Is there a way around? If not, can sum1 help me obtain a key, no one has these in stock locally, I am willing to pay for it obviously but I need a key for this weekend...trying to rock the new mac, thanks to any life savers out there,,,,,,djbeezie@gmail.com
Rane, Support
Chad S. 8:46 PM - 27 March, 2009
Did you purchase it in the box, or online? If online, you should have an email. If it was in the box, it will have your number in there.

Other than that you would need to contact info@serato.com

Provide them with your name and all the info about the purchase and the date that you can think of. Did you register it with us?
Dj Beezie 8:54 PM - 27 March, 2009
Online, I do have the box & proof of purchase, I did have the key in the box, I think I may have thrown it away. It was an ebay purchase, does that matter?

I will email them for sure, i hadnt registered it yet, but again have all the stuff to verify purchase, just needed it sooner than later, are they open on Saturdays its Sat morning in NZ
Dj Beezie 8:59 PM - 27 March, 2009
really need for 2nite
Dj Beezie 9:32 PM - 27 March, 2009
thanks for your advice, ill try to email them
Rane, Support
Chad S. 10:27 PM - 27 March, 2009
No they are gone for the weekend. If you purchased it in a box on ebay and you didn't register it, I'm not sure how we would have your information. Email them and give it a shot.
Dj Beezie 10:25 AM - 28 March, 2009
thanks. yeah. stoopid me, not being able to get the key from your own laptop is a tough 200dollar lesson, hopefully their cool :)