DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Digital Music Marketing? CD's Alternative?

Johnny.S 8:49 PM - 5 August, 2014
Hey guys I am trying to figure out a method to get people to listen to my mixes and my songs digitally and make them feel like I am giving something tangible (worth something like a cd) when i hand it to them...

I am sick of tired getting, I don't own a CD player or I don't got a car but thanks response, or people just chucking that CD to the floor...

So I was thinking of having something like and Itunes style card where they go to your site enter a code and get a download of your mix or song... (Still trying to figure how to make that work??)

I was googling today and stumbled across this!

www.dropcards.com

well this sounds great! and was wondering is there alternatives to this or have anyone came up with an intuitive way of doing this on budget

and by the way has anyone here used dropcards or some type of alternative service or method?

I really think I am going to go ahead and user their service..

Thanks
geeunot 10:55 PM - 5 August, 2014
Seen a local rapper use that in my area. Not sure how well it went or if he still does it.
Johnny.S 11:08 PM - 5 August, 2014
hmmmm
slimmjimm 1:29 AM - 6 August, 2014
My guess is you might run into copyright problems with a mix.
Logisticalstyles 1:21 PM - 6 August, 2014
I used to use a company called DiscRevolt. discrevolt.com
I used the service about 7 or 8 years ago when they first came out. In fact I still have some of the cards from back then. I was using it mainly to promote my production work. I didn't put any mixes on the cards though. I felt like it was ahead of it's time back then because most people I gave it to were not really fully integrated with the idea of downloading music on your phone. They wanted the actual CD. I may try to test the waters out again this time with DJ mixes.
Dj Rehab 5:31 PM - 6 August, 2014
I made my own Smartphone App for Iphones and Droid............does well, over 1500 people have installed it......people screenshot my mixes and remixes all the time and share them on Facebook.......
Johnny.S 8:23 PM - 7 August, 2014
hmm an App I think that would be better hey DJ Rehab who are you using for App Services???
Dj Rehab 10:03 PM - 7 August, 2014
yes, I don't no why dj's don't do this..........it has been a HUGE boom in my popularity locally. People screenshot pics of the app while they are listening and post on Facebook almost everyday, I've created hundreds and hundreds of fans locally that never even step foot in my club by word of mouth. I used Como, it's not super easy, takes some time but it's huge. I designed all my screens, all the logos and got the Apple and Google Play developer's licence to build it. It pulls from my Soundcloud, so every person that plays my tracks, the plays count. And links to my Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

itunes.apple.com
Johnny.S 4:39 AM - 8 August, 2014
Just Google it and looks good and by hearing how it helped you I'm gonna sign and try to set it up over the weekend...

I'm Gonna Do That Over The Weekend I might need some help from you rehab but thanks for tip kudosss