DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Can't we just put her away somewhere???

DJ Reflex 2:01 AM - 23 July, 2014
tv.msn.com

Paris just keeps popping up in the DJ world like a turd that won't flush.
O.B.1 2:21 AM - 23 July, 2014
ahaha great analogy!
DJ JT Stevens 1:21 PM - 23 July, 2014
Shouldn't she be crediting Afrojack too for creating the pre-made mixes that she plays?

Also, I love how the article mentions "turntable skills" as if she's actually using TT's during her sets.
Laz219 1:32 PM - 23 July, 2014
Put her away?
Kill it with fire.
djaction 6:39 PM - 23 July, 2014
Theres actually a video floating around of her scratching with QBERT at his house and she's honestly not that bad on the cut. Her transforms and flares weren't anything crazy but they were clean enough and QBERT seemed impressed.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:08 PM - 23 July, 2014
Quote:
Theres actually a video floating around of her scratching with QBERT at his house and she's honestly not that bad on the cut. Her transforms and flares weren't anything crazy but they were clean enough and QBERT seemed impressed.

QBert has ran Scratch Academy long enough to look impressed at almost anything. Looking impressed is how he makes money now adays.
Taipanic 7:24 PM - 23 July, 2014
If she was really motivated to DJ properly, she could be better than the average Joe out there. She has unlimited time to learn & practice and unlimited money for training, marketing & sourcing gigs. What will save us all is the fact that at some point she will realize it's more fun for her to be sitting in VIP than actually working all night. She would probably make the same $ either way, if it's about that.
BIGG BEAR 12:23 AM - 24 July, 2014
Just don't mention her,exposure is all people like this want,ignore it,don't comment and she will think why can I not even get a reaction.we know the reason why!!!
sumoJr 12:40 AM - 24 July, 2014
I hope she becomes a women's mixed martial artist next
that's pretty popular now
deezlee 4:03 AM - 24 July, 2014
Quote:

+1
DJ Jonasty 5:52 AM - 24 July, 2014
I didn't realise that DJing was still cool to do.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:42 AM - 24 July, 2014
Quote:
Just don't mention her,exposure is all people like this want,ignore it,don't comment and she will think why can I not even get a reaction.we know the reason why!!!

ya, im sure not bein mentioned on a dj forum will put a stop to her shenanigans
djpuma_gemini 2:12 PM - 24 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Ronda Rousey would end her for good.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 PM - 24 July, 2014
Quote:

This vid needs to be submitted as evidence...

Other than that, it'll be referred to as "Hearsay"...
DJ JT Stevens 2:25 PM - 24 July, 2014
Quote:

I searched for it but couldn't find it, and my Google Fu is pretty strong.

Maybe someone else will have better luck though.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:53 PM - 24 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I searched for it but couldn't find it, and my Google Fu is pretty strong.

Maybe someone else will have better luck though.

Welp, until then, Qbert actually "being impressed" by Paris, might just be considered a scary story you tell around a campfire of young aspiring DJ's.
DJ Reflex 4:04 AM - 25 July, 2014
Quote:
Welp, until then, Qbert actually "being impressed" by Paris, might just be considered a scary story you tell around a campfire of young aspiring DJ's.

LOL I can hear the screams of terror already!
dj_double_s 3:21 AM - 29 July, 2014
So, reigniting this thread. And go ...

www.facebook.com
DJ Reflex 7:04 PM - 29 July, 2014
Blasphemy!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:21 PM - 29 July, 2014
Quote:
So, reigniting this thread. And go ...

www.facebook.com

old pic is old
phonze 7:27 PM - 29 July, 2014
lol I'm not mad at Paris. It's annoying sure, but it's not like any of us would ever be getting those gigs anyways. Kind of makes djing look like a joke, but then again it's been going that way for a while.
dj_double_s 9:30 PM - 29 July, 2014
Ok, even if it is old, it fits the thread and would make me angry if I opened it a year from now. She's dumb enough to desecrate the roots of DJing with a controller?
deezlee 10:05 PM - 29 July, 2014
that seems like a standard place to put your controller from what i've seen. jenkins.
DJ-Hulmeman 9:27 AM - 30 July, 2014
It's a promotional thing imho. Her skills aren't what's filling the venues she plays (I use the term loosely) in, and I can see it becoming more widespread unfortunately. A celebrity DJ is an almost guaranteed venue filler. Not to mention the other celebs they're likely to attract. Game the same. Just got more fierce.
DJ Reflex 11:32 PM - 30 July, 2014
www.5chicago.com

More to soak in...
DJ-Hulmeman 5:10 AM - 31 July, 2014
Make it rain! www.channel4.com