Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DJ Tech DIF 1M

Sand 9:54 AM - 21 June, 2014
How compatible will the new DJ Tech DIF 1M mixer be with Searto DJ? I see it has track load buttons on the mixer but as you cannot map crate selection or track load in DJ yet, (Great way of making money with Serato remote) I am worried those buttons will be redundant until the return of the midi panel last seen in Scratch live.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 3:43 AM - 26 June, 2014
Hey Sand,

The MIDI panel is something we are working on for a future update of SDJ, I cant comment on when or what will be included but I can say that it is coming so hold tight!

As for the mixer that would work the same as any third party mixer with a supported Serato device (eg SL2/3/4) and once the midi panel is out you should be able to map up some of those buttons to SDJ features like with any other third party MIDI gear.

Cheers,

Jason.
dj frank kutz 6:01 AM - 10 July, 2014
Can this mixer control video-sl fader.
Maskrider 2:10 AM - 12 July, 2014
it should be if you can assign it.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 9:05 AM - 15 July, 2014
I'm not 100 % sure, but from memory (checked the mixer out at MusikMesse), the mixer doesn't seem to send MIDI on the faders (or the eq's).

It only sends MIDI from the dedicated areas that have no primary audio function

So it wouldn't work too well with Serato Video.

You might want to check yourself though, as this is a while back now and I may be wrong
Dokumentary 9:33 PM - 1 October, 2014
Hey Karl Y,

Any news on this? Looks like it's finally available for purchase. Without MIDI on the xfader or channel faders, my plan to purchase this and 2 Reloop Neons for use with SDJ and Mixemergency, is out the window.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:37 PM - 2 October, 2014
Hi Dokumentary

I don't have any more information on that topic than You. Sorry.

Karl
DJ QU aka Mr 1200 8:24 PM - 13 February, 2015
Can Scratch Live be compatible with DJ Tech DIF 1M?
deejdave 1:12 AM - 14 February, 2015
Scratch live is no longer supported and no new hardware will be added.
DJ Tecniq 2:04 AM - 14 February, 2015
Quote:
Can Scratch Live be compatible with DJ Tech DIF 1M?
It will probably work but only with a Rane box connected.
louie luv 7:00 PM - 13 August, 2015
Need help can any one tell me how come my lights don't light up on my cue points
deejdave 9:10 PM - 13 August, 2015
If you are speaking of your cue point lights that were lighting up and are now not I would think 1.7.7 has something to do with it. I have seen others post about this.
DJ Tecniq 10:31 PM - 14 August, 2015
Damn SDJ still has problems...😳😕 makes me not want to get that beautiful S9😁