DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Re: Ableton +Serato

kaydeelethal 10:36 AM - 18 June, 2014
Hey guys, Have watched quite a number of clips from superb djs juggling on decks while still playing beats off ableton with a two-chnnel mixer. Was just curious on how you asign the equipment for the ableton to play off (Internal mode) If that is the case, and enable your decks be independent for any juggling.

Cheers
GashSmasher 7:22 AM - 24 June, 2014
You'll have to be a bit clearer... do you want to be able to trigger Ableton clips using Internal mode, and still have decks free for normal serato vinyl control?
If so, you're probably best mapping Ableton Clip Launch to a MIDI controller. You could assign that to fader 1 (set to always on), then have your serato vinyl decks running through 2&3
What sort of DJ mixer are you using?
kaydeelethal 11:01 AM - 2 July, 2014
a TTM 57SL , Will that work still?
kaydeelethal 11:03 AM - 2 July, 2014
You said it right, I wanna trigger samples off Ableton using internal mode & have my decks for Deejaying... #Advise
kaydeelethal 7:32 PM - 15 January, 2015
N/A :-(
Draven1327 8:03 PM - 15 January, 2015
the way i do it with the sx is go into ableton and use the sx (in your case the 57) as output.
the sound should come out thru the master not affected by the fader.

then use serato and turntables to add whatever you like on top.
kaydeelethal 8:05 PM - 15 January, 2015
What is Sx? (In full) Thanks for this, lemme try as soon as you shed light
Draven1327 8:09 PM - 15 January, 2015
i use the controller ddj-sx. sx for short.
kaydeelethal 8:10 PM - 15 January, 2015
oooh... Im on either 57 or 62. Trying to figure out a formulae yet
Draven1327 8:12 PM - 15 January, 2015
should be the same process. open ableton and in the preferences choose the 57 or 62 as an output.
kaydeelethal 7:26 AM - 17 January, 2015
It doesn't give me the independent (Internal) output option, still have to use an ableton signal to run the clips one of the decks....
Draven1327 3:45 PM - 20 January, 2015
are you trying to use the bridge?

the way i specified is using serato and ableton separately, not with the bridge.

Ableton uses the sound card in your mixer as an output unfortunately there will be no volume control other than the main volume but you can adjust the gains on serato to match. i've used this technique before there was the bridge on my old 57. i used it with the apc-40 and m-audio trigger finger.
Draven1327 3:49 PM - 20 January, 2015
sorry for the confusion
kaydeelethal 9:48 AM - 27 January, 2015
Draven, I have watched clips where guys free the decks, and Ableton runs on independent mode, they can juggle while the tracks are triggered off ableton. Lemme see if I can get the clip on youtube once again. Will share.

Thanks
kaydeelethal 9:53 AM - 27 January, 2015
Check this out

Watchwww.youtube.com