Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Display or not display the BPM

Nogasi 12:22 PM - 15 June, 2014
I need to have the option to display or not display the BPM on the decks.

I like to play by ear (Old School) and not noticing the BPM. Until today I put stickers to cover them, but in my concerts is not very professional to have the stickers on the computer screen, so I use Traktor.
Please, I would like to include this software is an update option.

Thank you, greetings.
Nogasi
Davideon 8:11 PM - 15 June, 2014
Seriously? If you use your ears then why do visuals bother you? I'm sure my display shows bpm, track length, position time etc. I couldn't tell you as I don't pay any attention to it.
Peasey 11:10 PM - 29 June, 2014
+1 on being able to hide the BPM display.

There are probably a lot of new DJs desperately trying to learn to beatmatch by ear with bits of paper stuck on their laptop screens to avoid the temptation to cheat.
Player 1:40 PM - 6 August, 2014
+1 I've also like to play by ear, so please include this BPM hide feature in further versions of software update

Thank you
Player
emkay 12:24 PM - 17 August, 2014
+1

a checkbox in settings "hide bpm in library view" or something like that would do.
Nogasi 6:01 PM - 4 January, 2016
Serato DJ 1.81 and we continue to like
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:58 PM - 4 January, 2016
How long does the "Trial" version of Serato Video last - just enable that and it makes a couple of virtual windows (like stickers) that you can resize to hide the BPM. I think they just say "DEMO VERSION" on them.

I can't believe you guys want to hide the BPM. Just ignore it or just move the laptop off to the side if you find yourself looking at the BPM numbers. That is the best way to "keep it real".

Actually I can relate a little - I used to always look down at my records when I was blending and mixing, Never knew why - I guess I could control them better if I was LOOKING at them spin.

Now I like looking at waveforms and (the now missing) tempo match to make sure I was on beat.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:00 PM - 4 January, 2016
Quote:
Actually I can relate a little - I used to always look down at my records when I was blending and mixing, Never knew why - I guess I could control them better if I was LOOKING at them spin.

^^^That was with REAL VINYL RECORDS - not control vinyl.
Nogasi 4:12 PM - 8 January, 2016
The point is, I do not think it's that hard to put that option to hide the bpm. Just as they did with the song title and artist, we have the option to view or to hide it.
or as having the option for 1 or 2 decimals, are options that the software is important and for me the option to hide the bpm, no more.
&Midge 10:56 PM - 9 January, 2016
use a Post-it note!
maarawoe 10:28 AM - 10 January, 2016
...or just ignore the bpm values.... If you know how to beatmatch there is no reason why you should get influenced by the values....
DjBliZz 10:17 PM - 14 January, 2016
Why not just change the BPM tag on all your tracks to "0" That should fix that issue.
x-x-l 8:34 AM - 13 January, 2017
+ 1 Please enable hide BPM toggle switch for the real DJs.

I subconsciously notice the bpm and make tweaks to pitch I otherwise would not make if I couldn't see the BPM. It becomes a temptation to look at the display.
Nogasi 11:01 PM - 14 January, 2017
Quote:
<font><font class="">
+ 1 Por favor, activa el interruptor de palanca ocultar BPM para los DJs reales. </font></font>
<font><font class="">
Me di cuenta subconscientemente el lpm y hacer ajustes para lanzar que de otra manera no haría si no pudiera ver el BPM. </font><font class="">Se convierte en una tentación de mirar a la pantalla.
</font></font>

Exactly what we want real dj, we do not want to put posit on the computer screen.
Lyon5 9:48 AM - 29 June, 2020
Please make it so that you can turn off Beat Matching Display but keep the tempo matching?