Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Module System

DJ Compiler 10:44 PM - 10 June, 2014
So traktor has its various decks that can be used (Remix, Sampler, Player) I was thinking that Serato could eventually move to a modular system like that where decks could be swapped in and out.

The way you could select the decks mid performance is have a built in crate labeled "Decks" and select the desired deck with your browser controls. Then when you press the track load button, instead of loading the song it would swap that deck's "device" out for the new one.

Some possible devices/deck types could be:
1. Player (Current Deck Used in Serato)

2. Loop Recorder - allows the user to record the audio output from selected decks and loop it and append the loop with additional audio.

3. Instrument Deck - allows the user to host a VST (I realize this is a bit of a pipe dream) and play it like an instrument.

4. Step Sequencer - allows the user to load a couple of samples into a step sequencer and then program a pattern to loop.

The great thing about Serato design is that the controls that are common to almost all Serato controllers can be premapped to the deck controls. And some come quite naturally such as the looping section of the controller being able to control the looping controls of the looper deck. Plus being done natively in Serato the various decks can be synced to a tempo when necessary.

These are just some ideas and they don't all have to be implemented at the same time or for free (Gladly pay an expansion for these) but I think they would be really cool and take Serato to the next level. +1 if you'd like to see these.
DJ Compiler 7:45 PM - 21 June, 2014
Bump
DJ Compiler 3:42 AM - 25 June, 2014
So here's my vision for the loop deck

The basic way that it should work is that the looping controls of the controller directly map to the recording controls of the looper deck. This way the manual looping can be used for punch in punch out recording when desired and the auto looping can be used for recording quantized values based off the deck's BPM. The hot cue controls could be used to select which decks the looper is "listening" to. Some accommodations could be made for the controllers that have less than three hot cues I'm sure. Most other controls should work the same as with the standard deck. Like the jog wheel being able to manipulate the playing audio through scratches and bends. The transport controls should also have the same effect as a regular deck. I'm sure other useful features could be thought of for the deck by the development team and others with some insight in how this could be better used in a live performance than what I have described.
DJ Compiler 3:43 AM - 25 June, 2014
Whoops *four hot cues