Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

recording mic in serato through ddj sr

Big Stuza 4:10 PM - 1 June, 2014
is there a way to record the mic input through serato? ive heard you can do it through serato but ive had no luck thus far

any help would be appreciated
Davideon 4:19 PM - 1 June, 2014
No
Mr Wilks 10:47 PM - 1 June, 2014
Unfortunately it's not possible. The DDJ-SX is also a causality of this 'quirk'.

Recording via Audacity via a line out then line in cable to your laptop will help.
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 9:23 PM - 19 August, 2014
**Update SDJ 1.7 now records Mic output on DDJ SX! Thanks Serato!!
Big Stuza 9:36 PM - 19 August, 2014
when is 1.7 released?
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 10:00 PM - 19 August, 2014
Officially September but you can install Beta now.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 10:55 PM - 19 August, 2014
Hey guys,

You can give this a test in the latest beta build now, available in one of the sticky threads here serato.com

Have at it!

J
Big Stuza 4:16 PM - 4 September, 2014
im guessing this is just available on the sx and not the sr?
Davideon 4:27 PM - 4 September, 2014
serato.com

Quote:
im guessing this is just available on the sx and not the sr?

Correct
Res-Q 12:25 AM - 10 November, 2017
Hi Serato, diggin out this old thread
Is there any chance to see an update to record the mic from the new Pioneer DDJ SR2
Serato, Support
Chez P 2:15 AM - 10 November, 2017
Hi there,

The reason for the DDJ-SR2 not being capable of recoding the mic is due to a hardware limitation of the device.

Cheers.
Res-Q 5:18 PM - 10 November, 2017
Thx for the heads up Chez

@Pioneer if u read this, it sux in 2017 to release a new version of a product and not improving the flaws of the V1 .... This little controler is cool though, but no dual USB, no Mic record, and no Mic Eq sux :)
DJ Tecniq 7:37 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Thx for the heads up Chez

@Pioneer if u read this, it sux in 2017 to release a new version of a product and not improving the flaws of the V1 .... This little controler is cool though, but no dual USB, no Mic record, and no Mic Eq sux :)
I don’t think he’s being completely honest with you. SDJ has never been able to record the mic. Now Scratchlive on the other hand was able to with a Rane box. Hardware limitation yes but SDJ does not support mic recording. Just keeping it real!
Serato, Support
Chez P 1:49 AM - 11 November, 2017
Sup guys,

@Res-Q - send an email through to Pioneer and let them know about your suggestions. Hopefully, they will make note of them and possibly implement them in the future.

Here are their contact details: www.pioneerdj.com

@Tecniq - I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. Serato DJ does support recording the mic output on a select number of supported hardware devices.

Cheers.
DJ Tecniq 2:28 AM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
@Tecniq - I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. Serato DJ does support recording the mic output on a select number of supported hardware devices.

Cheers.
Hrmmm interesting so you can record mic and mix playback all together? Guess I learned something don’t recall it working with my SL3 few yrs ago.
Res-Q 5:21 AM - 11 November, 2017
will do Chez :)
supaxcite 1:40 AM - 5 April, 2018
sry to dig out this old thread. But wanted to see if there was gonna be a update to the mic recording issue. Now i noticed that in a recording software that u can get the output from the whole board thru usb(mix and mic), but only sdj it hears just the mix and nothing else. So there must be a way to get all sound from sr2 into sdj. Love sdjpro and falling in love with sr2 but i need that mic recording especially when live in club and so on. (Succs when i listen bacc the recording and hear the music cutting out and mic gone). Also been searching the internets for anything on recording with sr2 and nothing not even on pioneer site