Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

I can't cue. I hear nothing. Is there any way I can go back to Itch using a new

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ VAL Chicago 10:52 AM - 1 June, 2014
I can't hear anything when I que
Serato, Support
Lucas S 2:27 AM - 5 June, 2014
Hi DJ VAL Chicago,

Could I get you to test a different pair of headphones on the Vestax VCI 300?

If you still don't have sound please take and upload a screenshot of your 'Mixer' tab settings in the 'Setup' menu within Serato DJ.

Let me know.

Cheers
leoaca 1:18 AM - 18 September, 2014
i'm having same problem here , i try all kinds of configurations and no sound in cue
DJ SHEY LOVE 4:13 AM - 23 September, 2014
Hi guys. Same problem here with cueing. I've tried 1.6.3 and 1.7 with no success. Split cue tab highlighted in mixer preferences does nothing. Master cue activates the master fine. But "split cue" does not work with VCI-300. Talked with Sean at Serato today and he suggested calling Vestax. I'll call them tomorrow and see if they are aware of this.
DJ SHEY LOVE 4:15 AM - 23 September, 2014
Hi Lucas. I've tried 3 different heads phones, 2 different brands, all have the same result. Can't hear the cue song.
DJ VAL Chicago 6:39 AM - 2 October, 2014
Hi Lucas, when using ITCH I never had to use the CUE buttons on the Vestax, I am new to Serato DJ & now the cue buttons have to be used in order to hear thru the headphones & when you do so, the LED lights go into the red. It's just getting used to the new software i guess. Thanks for getting back to me.
SoozyZ 2:11 AM - 11 October, 2014
I am having this same issue with a vestax vci-380 with serato DJ. New to both. I've been using itch with a vci-300. I press the cue button but I still can't get any cue audio. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
westell54 6:25 PM - 13 October, 2014
DJ VAL, I think you may have had the overdrive feature turned up in ITCH when you switched over to Serato DJ. This might explain why your cue levels are in the red. At least this is what happens with my VCI-380. Go back into ITCH, and in the setup screen, make sure the overdrive is turned all the way down. Then close ITCH, reopen Serato DJ and see if that helps.
Chino 2:30 PM - 9 February, 2015
I also experienced this cue issue this past weekend. I had to power off my Vestax VCI 400 then turn it back on to fix the issue. Im using a MacBook Pro 10.8.5, 2.6 I7 Quad core, 8 gb RAM, 500 gb hd.
ybpzumba@gmail.com 11:24 AM - 29 April, 2016
I can't hear anything when I que