DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Right Side not working

DJ Sidies 4:30 PM - 10 March, 2009
The Right Chanel was not working through scratch live.

Mac OSX
V 10.4.11
2GHZ Intel Core Duo
2 GB
boabmatic 9:43 AM - 11 March, 2009
do you have more details?

do you mean...

vinyl control?
No sound?
LED meters?
nik39 1:14 PM - 11 March, 2009
Are you using a USB hub?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:39 PM - 11 March, 2009
Any luck?
djjoefresh 8:47 PM - 11 March, 2009
I had the same problem a few months ago, extremely weak control signal on the right channel. Had to send it in to Rane, turns out there was damage to the circuitry. Got it back and it works perfectly now.

But yeah, more details would be helpful:

1. What do your timecode scopes look like on the Setup screen?
2. Are you using turntables, CD players, etc.?
3. Does sound play at all, even the timecode signal sound on the analog PGM?

Let us know, we'll help you out!
DJ BAIT 10:58 PM - 6 May, 2009
I had the same deal a couple of night ago. Same right side too. I had to restart the computer a couple of times in oder for it to work. I bough a returnrd 57 from Guitar Center. You think I should return it?

Hp pavillion dv2000 Vista Service Pack 1
latest version of 1.9 (it ends in 35)
1 Gig RAM
1.90 GHz
138 Gig HD
Dual Core
Rane, Support
Shaun W 8:29 PM - 8 May, 2009
Quote:
I had the same deal a couple of night ago. Same right side too. I had to restart the computer a couple of times in oder for it to work. I bough a returnrd 57 from Guitar Center. You think I should return it?

Hp pavillion dv2000 Vista Service Pack 1
latest version of 1.9 (it ends in 35)
1 Gig RAM
1.90 GHz
138 Gig HD
Dual Core

If it only happened that one time, the problem could have been caused by a few different things. For example, using a USB hub, having the computer sleep/hibernate before using SSL, a flaky USB port, and etc.

Try to reproduce the problem, if possible.
Infa J 1:16 AM - 11 May, 2009
Hi

I got a rane ttm57 from one of my mates.

For some reason, there is a problem with the left channel PGM 1, it sounds really distorted - I am using cd players, all the channels are on line mode.
This is happening when its not connected to a computer.

But when i connect the ttm57 to serato on my laptop, the left channel is fuzzy on the diagram of serato, but the right channel is perfect - round circles.

I use the timecodes cds and it only makes the original beeping sound, how do i exchange this to the music i have dragged n dropped.

Is there a certain driver i need to install?
if there is, can you please give a link to that website?
What do you think the problem is with left channel PGM1?

I am using - HP Laptop VIsta service pack 1.
serato 1.9 - latest version
2 x denon dns 3500
rane ttm 57

I did not get a rane ttm57 installation cd with the mixer. Can you give me a website where i could download the cd. thanks

This is prolly the reason why there is no music coming out.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:53 PM - 11 May, 2009
Quote:
For some reason, there is a problem with the left channel PGM 1, it sounds really distorted - I am using cd players, all the channels are on line mode.
This is happening when its not connected to a computer.

But when i connect the ttm57 to serato on my laptop, the left channel is fuzzy on the diagram of serato, but the right channel is perfect - round circles.

Have you tested input 2 for PMG 2? If so, does it work properly?

Quote:
I use the timecodes cds and it only makes the original beeping sound, how do i exchange this to the music i have dragged n dropped.

The beeping sound is the control disc. When using SSL for audio playback, be sure to change the INPUT switch on the top of the TTM57SL to D1 for PGM1 and D2 for PGM2

Quote:
Is there a certain driver i need to install?
if there is, can you please give a link to that website?
What do you think the problem is with left channel PGM1?

No special drivers are required. I suspect the left RCA jack for input 1 PGM 1 is in need of replacement.

Quote:
I did not get a rane ttm57 installation cd with the mixer. Can you give me a website where i could download the cd. thanks

Here's a link to the Downloads page -->> www.scratchlive.net
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:33 PM - 11 May, 2009
Continue this discussion here -->> www.scratchlive.net