Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato DJ will not recognize Pioneer DDJ SB

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djokiedoke 3:24 AM - 27 May, 2014
Serato DJ will not recognize Pioneer DDJ SB
When I first plugged it in DJ Intro would not recognize it either but after research from other forums i was able to start a new configuration which fixed the problem with Intro however the problem with Serato DJ remains. The only difference is that instead of saying that no compatible controller is detected is says compatible controller detected yet it does not launch the controller interface. How can I fix this?
Serato, Support
Lucas S 3:30 AM - 27 May, 2014
Hi djokiedoke,

Click this link and ensure your controller is updated with the latest firmware: www.pioneerelectronics.com

Once updated try again and let me know how you get on!

Cheers
djokiedoke 4:17 AM - 27 May, 2014
I updated the firmware and I am still having the issue. What do you recommend for the next step? should I downgrade my OS until the Maverick problem is resolved?
djokiedoke 4:09 AM - 28 May, 2014
any update?
Serato, Support
Lucas S 1:34 AM - 30 May, 2014
Hi djokiedoke,

I can see you have a trial license activated on the following machine:

Macintosh-0017f2321e19

When you open Serato DJ, in the 'Online' tab in the bottom right hand corner, do you see 'BUY/ACTIVATE' or does it tell you are currently running a 14 day trial?

Please upload a screenshot of your online panel so I can take a look.

Cheers
K_M 11:35 PM - 4 January, 2015
Hi,
I have the same issue as djokiedoke. I updated firmware and did the midi configuration thingy and still no luck. Any other way of sorting it?
DEZZY89 12:26 AM - 18 January, 2015
Quote:
Hi djokiedoke,

I can see you have a trial license activated on the following machine:

Macintosh-0017f2321e19

When you open Serato DJ, in the 'Online' tab in the bottom right hand corner, do you see 'BUY/ACTIVATE' or does it tell you are currently running a 14 day trial?

Please upload a screenshot of your online panel so I can take a look.

Cheers

i have that same issue i bought the software already too
SpaceGod 4:16 PM - 28 January, 2015
I am having the same problem it will not recognize my DDJ sb no matter what i do i both serato i activated it and its just saying i need to put in hard wear to mix
4:17 PM, 28 Jan 2015
SpaceGod attached a file: Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 9.56.17 AM.png
View· Permalink
Josh1210 5:09 PM - 29 January, 2015
Likewise for me as well. I have bought the software, activated it etc. Still says 'connect compatible hardware to mix'

However, I believe my issue is caused by the fact that my laptop only has UBS 3.0 ports. Serato Intro connects fine, but Serato DJ doesn't (because it only connects with USB 2.0).

That may be the problem for you guys as well?

Can I just use a USB 2.0 hub to fix the issue, or download USB 2.0 drivers? Or can Serato DJ only be used on laptops that have 2.0 USB ports?

Thanks
Tom_Kat 3:03 AM - 8 February, 2015
Hey guys I'm having a similar problem. I've had my ddj-sb controller for about 2 months. It's so much fun and I really enjoy experimenting. However I tried to use it today and when I open serato dj intro it opens as normal ( with a single waveform), then flicks to 2 turntables for a second and then it goes back to only one waveform and tells me the hardware is disconnected. Yet the lights on the controller are on, everything is plugged in. I've tried uninstalling the device driver and serato and reinstalling them however no change. Any ideas?
Cheers, tom
Josh1210 10:43 AM - 8 February, 2015
@Tom

I don't know if it is relevant to you but I updated my USB drivers and then serato worked fine. Maybe try that?

What are your laptop specs?

Josh
Hou, Tx 7:39 AM - 14 February, 2015
Same issue here - I just got a DDJ- SR and i cannot connect to serato dj. I have updated firmware and mac os
Stans 11:41 PM - 17 February, 2015
Having same problem "Hardware not connected". Just bought the DDJ SB and trying to make it work on my MAC. Works fine on PC??? Any help appreciated
Stans 11:45 PM - 17 February, 2015
Also takes about 5 minutes for the program to start when I click on the DJ Intro icon. Getting frustrated! Tired of watching the wheel of death spin around
Gstein 3:16 AM - 18 February, 2015
Yeah I am on the same boat as you guys. I just purchased the software today and my Pioneer DDJ SB is not connecting to Serato DJ. but the strange thing is that it is connecting to Serato DJ intro. I cannot find any support info that has that in it.
KevinMurph 1:37 AM - 22 February, 2015
I'm also getting this same error with the SB, when I plug in the USB, it says "Failed to connect MIDI device" every time
Jonn-E 4:26 PM - 25 February, 2015
can someone from serato help please. I have paid for serato dj for my ssb . downloaded serato on new laptop , then when connected my ssb it notices compatible hardware detected yet its not recognising that I have paid and wants 129 dollars .....!!
4:32 PM, 25 Feb 2015
Jonn-E attached a file: Outlook.com.zip
Download· Permalink
4:39 PM, 25 Feb 2015
Jonn-E attached a file: IMG_1487.JPG
View· Permalink
Dabordon 9:06 PM - 3 March, 2015
Yo tambien tengo el mismo problema..Pido ayuda...Soy nuevo en esto!
Elliskeates 1:03 PM - 7 March, 2015
Having the same issue, plug my DJJ-SB in and it lights up then turns off and doesn't stay lit, and then wont work when im in serato...any help?
djlegend95 4:05 AM - 13 March, 2015
Hello, I purchased serato DJ today and it says hardware connected with my ddj sb but my ddjsb doesn't show in the midi device list and I can't click on the midi tab. Please help!
arpn 3:41 PM - 16 March, 2015
hello sir m having same issue with my new ddj sb and sera to dj
mac osx 10.9.5
processor 2.9ghz intel core i7
memory 16 gb 1600 mhz ddr3
i have don't many times installing uninstalling restarting even i have visited pioneer care centre in mumbai but i did not find solution please its the only hope i can keep
icecoololly 11:21 AM - 17 March, 2015
I also have the same problem - Serato DJ and Serato DJ Intro are not recognising that I have plugged in a brand new Pioneer DDJ SB.

What I have tried already:

When I plug the DDJ SB in, there is a short flashing pattern across the pads, indicating that the unit has power.

I have tried both USB sockets on my machine. I am using a 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro with OSX 10.9.5.

I have verified that my mac can see the DDJ SB by going into the System Profiler and I can see it there under the connected USB devices.

I have checked the firmware of the controller and it is 1.05 (up to date).

I downloaded and installed a midi checking program and I can see that midi messages are being sent by the hardware to my Mac.

I have checked in system preferences and can see the DDJ SB listed as an optional audio output.

I have downloaded both DJ and DJ Intro today from your website, so I know I have the right version.

I have also got an installation of Scratch Live that I last used about 6 months ago with a Rane SL3.

I have also restarted my Mac but this has not helped. ANY IDEAS?!
icecoololly 12:36 PM - 17 March, 2015
I HAVE A RESOLUTION - Only for users on OSX 9.x

Read this background info pioneerdj.com

Follow these instructions: pioneerdj.com
arpn 1:01 PM - 22 March, 2015
sir i have done this even it show ddj sb name in my midi set up but still its not detecting by serato dj
arpn 1:10 PM - 22 March, 2015
yes it is happening now very helpful info thank u so much sir after doing i just have reconnect twice n its started
Faust555 9:26 PM - 30 March, 2015
Why is this problem not Resolved YET?/????
Vones 12:22 PM - 1 April, 2015
I encountered the same error on my last gig. I am using a Macbook Pro with an OS X Yosemite. Then, i used a DDJ SB, Pioneer, and it won't recognise the SB when plugged in. I've tried updating Firmware of the SB, and i also did update my Serato DJ. my Serato DJ Software came when i purchased a Pioneer DDJ SR. so i just recently update it as per Serato launched a new update compatible with Yosemite.

Is there any work around for this? need to update it again before Saturday, i have a beach party gig and i'll probably be using a Pioneer DDJ SB again. SML.. -_-
DJ Madie 9:29 AM - 4 April, 2015
Hi there ...

i ve got the same problem here ..

Purchased the full Serato DJ Pack and when i tried to connect my ddj-sb to my laptop running serato, the controller is not recognised.
Faust555 8:46 PM - 4 April, 2015
Then if you email serato they ask you to check the audio and midi screens. The ddj SB shows in the audio window but the audio midi window takes an hour to load and it just says to try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it but with Mac this is impossible. Also serato takes a half hour to open up. Also I think its Bull that we have to pay for serato Dj Wtf am I supposed to do with intro! After all these problems we are all having and not being helped immediately we should all get serato DJ free!!
DJ Madie 8:26 AM - 5 April, 2015
Well .. thx for the reply ... and i already checked the osx 10.10 utilities midi config tool. i can see the ddj-sb there without any problem.

it might be an user error on my side, because i activated serato dj without the controller present, but i chose the controller when serato dj asked me for which controller i want to activate it for.

deleting and "reinstalling" serato dj didnt work .. also deleting the _serato* content in the music folder didnt help.

tomorrow i will write an email to serato about my problem with as much information as i can gather (being an it sysadmin guy helps here *ggg*)
2:00 AM, 22 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.