Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Novation Twitch Mapping

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
tolentine 1:44 AM - 27 May, 2014
I had read in another thread that posting a thread about an issue allows it to be bumped up higher in the bug queue for the developers, so I am here to voice my gripe with the unintuitive mapping of the Novation Twitch in Serato DJ. The effects control section is far less effective than in Itch, the new Fader Effect behavior causes a cut in the volume because volume no longer sticks in place, the drop function activates on both decks despite being activated only on one side, and the touchstrip still has the sensitivity issue previously mentioned in a thread.
As a customer of Serato-branded hardware, I would really appreciate prompt updates to fix these issues so I do not need to stay on Itch or switch to Traktor.
Thank you.
Serato, Support
Micah G. 3:54 AM - 27 May, 2014
Hi tolentine,

I'd suggest started a feature suggestion post. You can do that here - serato.com

Hope that helps :-)

Cheers,
Micah
tolentine 4:52 AM - 27 May, 2014
This is less of a feature suggestion than a bug report. The current mapping is not usable for live performances to the point that I am reverting back to Itch 2.2.2. Buying a mid-range controller that's only a few years old and not having it work with the software due to programming oversight feels much more urgent than a feature request.
If there is a better place to post my grievances, please let me know.
Thanks
Serato, Support
Micah G. 11:49 PM - 27 May, 2014
Hi tolentine,

We are aware of the TWITCH mapping. We may look at changing the mapping for that controller in future, but I have no timeframe for that.

Cheers,
Micah
andretti 7:47 AM - 28 May, 2014
Hi Micah G, sorry to barge in again.

We have been over and over this subject with Dave W.

Maybe it is better to stop referring to feature suggestions, because, as you write, the mapping issue is well known at Serato..
Serato, Support
Micah G. 10:54 PM - 28 May, 2014
Hi andretti,

I'm not able to just change the mapping of that controller. I'm aware this has been talked about before. The reason we refer people to the feature suggestion area is because the development team go through that area, and do take suggestions onboard. The more people that go in and support a feature suggestion post, the more notice the development team will take.

Micah
andretti 11:01 PM - 28 May, 2014
Yeah I know you are good people, but you second answer in this thread might as well be your first..

IMO you are creating an expectation.

I had an expectation created by you (Serato) and it was shot down again by you (Serato)..
Serato, Support
Micah G. 11:04 PM - 28 May, 2014
Sorry you feel that way, man. I'll bump the dev team on this, but I can't make any promises for a future update to that controller.

Cheers,
Micah
wingcomm 6:42 AM - 29 May, 2014
Micah, I have to chime in here and agree that there is clearly some new disconnect here. If customers are reporting an issue with the Twitch as many are here in these threads, I find it rather insulting to suggest that the onus is on us, the paying customer to wander over to another forum to have our threads "hopefully noticed" by a developer. Customers are reporting this as an issue to Serato because there are problems with the way Serato DJ has been mapped to Twitch. We paid for this product and I, myself have paid for a few features in Serato DJ. Your almost robotic response makes it sound like this issue is not important. Are these issues with the Twitch not important to Serato?
Serato, Support
Micah G. 10:05 PM - 3 June, 2014
As I've said, wingcomm, I'm not able to change this mapping.
Quote:
I'll bump the dev team on this, but I can't make any promises for a future update to that controller.

That's all I'm able to do for this. I suggest starting, and showing your support in feature suggestion threads because the more that do that, the more notice the dev/products team will take notice of this request.

Cheers,
Micah
Mr Wilks 12:53 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
I had read in another thread that posting a thread about an issue allows it to be bumped up higher in the bug queue for the developers, so I am here to voice my gripe with the unintuitive mapping of the Novation Twitch in Serato DJ. The effects control section is far less effective than in Itch, the new Fader Effect behavior causes a cut in the volume because volume no longer sticks in place, the drop function activates on both decks despite being activated only on one side, and the touchstrip still has the sensitivity issue previously mentioned in a thread.
As a customer of Serato-branded hardware, I would really appreciate prompt updates to fix these issues so I do not need to stay on Itch or switch to Traktor.
Thank you.

+1 Billion

I got so annoyed with all of the above I went and bought an SX.

The SDJ mapping ruined the Twitch.
andretti 7:59 PM - 4 June, 2014
I've asked before.. Where is Novation in this discussion??

Never heard back from their tech support about this (made a tech support request
months ago)

If any of you will take the time to go to Twitter / Facebook to "tell it to their face" I'll be supporting you

@WeAreNovation

www.facebook.com
Serato, Support
Micah G. 9:29 PM - 5 June, 2014
Hey guys, this is the wrong place for this discussion. As I've said a couple times, the best place for this is the feature suggestion area.

I'm going to close this thread for now. @tolentine, feel free to reopen it if you have any other support related queries.

Cheers,
Micah