DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Dr. Dre "First HipHop Billionaire"......hmmm....not so fast....

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:08 PM - 24 May, 2014
Has Dr. Dre’s drunken boast cost his company $3.2 billion?

We haven’t heard anything official about its supposed $3.2 billion purchase of Beats from Apple yet and now Billboard reports there’s a good reason for that. According to Billboard’s sources, Apple was not at all happy about a video posted by actor Tyrese Gibson where a couple of weeks ago in which Beats founder and hip-hop legend Dr. Dre boasts about becoming “the first billionaire in hip-hop.” Apple was also probably not happy to hear that Gibson said that Dre was “drunk off of Heinekens” in the video, which was posted on Gibson’s Facebook page right after news broke that Apple would be buying Beats for $3.2 billion.

While most of us found the Dre video funny, it’s pretty obvious why Apple did not — the company has long thrived with a culture of extreme secrecy and it probably took the video as a sign that the team at Beats might not be a good fit. In addition to this, Billboard says that Apple was not happy that Beats apparently leaked news about the deal well before the company was ready to make it formal.

This doesn’t mean the deal to acquire Beats is dead, of course, but it seems that Apple is rethinking the terms of an acceptable deal and doing its due diligence to make sure it’s not making a huge mistake.

news.yahoo.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:18 PM - 24 May, 2014
So I've got a few questions for thought...

These would probably be directed to those who care about the evolution of hiphop and where it's going.

That being said....

Would you say that it's crazy that Dre is known to be an accomplished producer, but instead of making this potential "Boatload" of money because of his musical accomplishments, he instead would receive it based off of a marketing ploy involving headphones?

Secondly, do you think as the article suggests, that Apple may "Rethink" some things before making this official? I mean a "drunken vid" proclaiming a deal that hasn't actually been inked vs. Apples standard operating procedure of keeping stuff under "wraps" until it means to release the info?

Thoughts....
Detroitbootybass 3:20 PM - 24 May, 2014
Forrest Gump was right: "Stupid is as stupid does."
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:22 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
Forrest Gump was right: "Stupid is as stupid does."

So are you saying cats jumped the gun?
AKIEM 4:05 PM - 24 May, 2014
The reports are he jumped the gun - doubt any of us have any actual inside info.

If he's not producing any albums, of course he can't get rich off them.

Nm
Joee 4:22 PM - 24 May, 2014
i see nothing in the video that says apple is buying beats

Watchwww.youtube.com
AKIEM 4:26 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Lol - that scared em, and nothing else Dre or associates ever said did?
Ok.
d:raf 4:46 PM - 24 May, 2014
I thought the crip-walking was a bit much...

"Does Apple Endorse Gang Activity? Investigation at 11" </insertmediaoutlethere>
AKIEM 5:40 PM - 24 May, 2014
No one said Dre was “drunk off of Heinekens”. News=MSU.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:46 PM - 24 May, 2014
Back in the Good 'ol Steve days - deals were lost and companies roasted over premature info leaks.

I think AMD took a hit and Apple went with Intel because of a leak (thank god but not sure). Time magazine leaked the iLamp iMac cover www.businessinsider.com
DJ GaFFle 6:10 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:

"Does Apple Endorse Gang Activity? Investigation at 11" </insertmediaoutlethere>

I'm not hating but if that was the total reason for the deal being lost, serves him right. Grown ass men crip walking for the world to see, SMH...
Joee 6:12 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not hating but if that was the total reason for the deal being lost, serves him right. Grown ass men crip walking for the world to see, SMH...

but it wasn't dre crip walking it was tyrese & he posted the video on his FB

you think dre's mad at him?.......lol
Joee 6:16 PM - 24 May, 2014
and when did tyrese post this video, cause dj works already posted about apple buying beats may 9th

djworx.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:07 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yeah, they don't say it, but Tyrese said it was announced "two weeks ago" and "Forbes needs to update their list"....

So even though the word "Apple" wasn't used, they are pretty much implying that it's a done deal...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:08 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Lol - that scared em, and nothing else Dre or associates ever said did?

Ok.

Dre may have said or done some "scary" stuff in the past, but that was YESTERYEAR, but in this new age, real corporations aren't trying to be around stuff that can backfire so easily.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:09 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:

Boom.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:11 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:

Tyrese said "The Homie is Drunk Off Of Heinekens" in the vid....again inferring Dre...

Or at LEAST that's how it's perceived....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:12 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I agree....

Apple is probably wondering if that's what their future "Corporate" meetings will look like....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:14 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:

but it wasn't dre crip walking it was tyrese & he posted the video on his FB

you think dre's mad at him?.......lol

He would have no reason to be mad at him...

Association breeds Assimilation.

I and you may understand their "celebration" as being mostly harmless, but we're not the one's making the deal.
AKIEM 8:31 PM - 24 May, 2014
smh @ dudes be getting their info from goo.gl

#stopignorance

Nm
Will08272 9:47 PM - 24 May, 2014
The deal is sort of on hold because theres some legal issues with the founder of the streaming music service company which beats acquired (MOG), which is what Beats music was made off of. From what i quickly read is that the founder of mog what brought along as some advisor or some kind of high position, and in his contract it says something along the lines of him making money off any kind of profits over a certain amount.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:12 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:

#stopignorance

Nm

I know it's your job to try and dispute everything I post, but I'll humor you.

Are you saying this is not a "real" story carried by reputable sources?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:49 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
The deal is sort of on hold because theres some legal issues with the founder of the streaming music service company which beats acquired (MOG), which is what Beats music was made off of. From what i quickly read is that the founder of mog what brought along as some advisor or some kind of high position, and in his contract it says something along the lines of him making money off any kind of profits over a certain amount.

Link? :)
Will08272 10:59 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Link? :)

www.theverge.com
9to5mac.com
www.techtimes.com

More then one just incase
AKIEM 11:27 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

#stopignorance

Nm

I know it's your job to try and dispute everything I post, but I'll humor you.

Are you saying this is not a "real" story carried by reputable sources?

I'm saying its a story full of BS. Might as well be on a satire site.
"RAPPER RUINS BILLION DOLLAR DEAL BY CRIP WALKING"

- no one said DRE. Was drunk off Heineken, and he didn't look drunk

- DRE did not mention Apple

- the video was posted after other news stories leaked the deal in progress

- Dre said that shit into the camera, why be mad at tyrese?

- billion dollar deals ain't ruined over some dumb shit like a guy crip walking

- like apple executives look at that video like "omg - we can't do a deal with this negro, what if he breaks into a crip walk too?"

- apple sales all types of crip walk, gangsta, drug dealing, murder music - is that an "endorsement"?

- like they don't know what/who DRE is

Cats be taking anything they want to believe on face value #stopignorance
DJ GaFFle 12:15 AM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:

- like apple executives look at that video like "omg - we can't do a deal with this negro, what if he breaks into a crip walk too?"

- apple sales all types of crip walk, gangsta, drug dealing, murder music - is that an "endorsement"?

I wouldn't relish on the crip walking part. It was ignorant for Tyrese and Dre to make a we-bout's-ta'-get-paid video when the deal hadn't even been made yet. Dre should know better... show some class and cut da' fool AFTER the checks been cashed. I wouldn't do anything to even remotely risk my multi-BiLLioN dollar deal being jeopardized.

... And you never know what Apple execs could be thinking as it relates to their products and image they always seek to uphold.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:35 AM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:

Ok, so the story MAY be true to a certain extent, and all we know is that the deal hasn't been signed yet.

Quote:

Tyrese said "The Homie"... and since him and Dre were the main 2 players in that vid, who else would he be talking about? Aside from that, just the appearance may have it look so.

Quote:

Did he NEED to? Or just infer?

Quote:

Ok, but other news source leaks aren't vids of one of the supposed "partners"....

Quote:

Agreed...

Quote:

Noted...

Quote:

I'd say the more relevant translation is that IF RACISM is "still alive", then it's possible that there could be some resistance in some shape, form, or fashion....

Quote:
That might be a good point to bring up in court.... if it goes that far....

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything?

Is he getting this deal because of his great production?

Or is it a marketing scheme by a corporation to sell headphones?

Quote:

For whatever reason, it made the news, in numerous places...by reputable sources....

www.latimes.com < - LA Times

www.cnet.com <- CNET

www.billboard.com < - Billboard

news.yahoo.com <- Yahoo
AKIEM 12:36 AM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't relish on the crip walking part. It was ignorant for Tyrese and Dre to make a we-bout's-ta'-get-paid video when the deal hadn't even been made yet. Dre should know better... show some class and cut da' fool AFTER the checks been cashed. I wouldn't do anything to even remotely risk my multi-BiLLioN dollar deal being jeopardized.

... And you never know what Apple execs could be thinking as it relates to their products and image they always seek to uphold.

Again the info was out there already - and that was hardly a celebration over billions. Since we have no clue what the apple execs thought about the video or who they even are it's quite pointless to even speculate. For all we know they are happy about the publicity.

What we do know is (and they obviously know) Dre is a godfather of gangsta rap, NWA, Ice Cube, Snoop, Tupac, Emenem, 50, beat up that chic Dee Barnes, raps about all types of ignorant shit, makes dope beats ------ Tyrese super happy breaking into a crip walk is nothing. Mater of fact sit to be expected.

Apple is t buying Dre because of some Thomas Dolby electronic shit. It's the brand hype so they can sale more overpriced shit - that's what they do ain't it?

Dre apparently has the ability to sale mediocre shit at a premium price - however that was done is what apple wants. It ain't because he is a genius executive, it's because he is a gangsta producer rapper.

But like I said that article was full of BS.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:38 AM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:

Let the chuuurch say AMEN.

Quote:

Absolutely....

We already got a dose of what the OWNER of the Clippers REALLY thought, right?

Let's say for example that Apple Exec's NEVER even saw the vid....

Chances are, they WILL NOW, because news sources are blowing it up....

So even if they didn't have a "Certain View" of Dre before, you can best believe they have something now to "Talk about" IF they wanted to...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:57 AM - 25 May, 2014
So the BIG question is...

Do you think this affects this "Deal" in a negative way, a positive way, or will it have no effect?
AKIEM 2:10 AM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, so the story MAY be true to a certain extent, and all we know is that the deal hasn't been signed yet.

Quote:

Tyrese said "The Homie"... and since him and Dre were the main 2 players in that vid, who else would he be talking about? Aside from that, just the appearance may have it look so.

And this is where YOUR perception comes into question (where it should be (in all cases))

Sure people (you) might be confused about the video when these j/zealous "news" writters put a little spin(tricknowledge) on the situation. Some people will love to run with that dumb ass narrative.

Everyone else will see that some third character in the background chirps out "South Central!" and thats who Tyrese is calling "drunk off Heineken"

But, you are you and will see whatever whatever.

LMAO + delusion + LMAO

Quote:

Quote:

Did he NEED to? Or just infer?

If it was not ALREADY known because the info leaked if it was secret (and not suposed to leak) then no one would know what damn company he was talking about in the first place. The only thing he revealed in that video is he was making a billion. It might have been premature because the news was out there already. For all we know Tyrese read that story and ran over to Dres house all happy and shit.

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, but other news source leaks aren't vids of one of the supposed "partners"....

Quote:

Agreed...

All praise due ALLAH.

Quote:

Quote:

Noted...

Quote:

I'd say the more relevant translation is that IF RACISM is "still alive", then it's possible that there could be some resistance in some shape, form, or fashion....

Resistance to what? Both parties are trying to put a deal together. There might be some racists in the Apple camp. But what, they didnt know he is Black? They didnt know he might celebrate? They didnt know that one of his 'hommies' might bust into a Crip Walk?

Anyone making a decision at Apple probably already knows Dre is a Black dude - even if they had to read it in whatever all papers, spread sheets, and portfolios.

If Dre runs out and buys a million dollar gold chain - no one at Apple is going to be 'surprised'

Quote:

Quote:
That might be a good point to bring up in court.... if it goes that far....

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything?

Is he getting this deal because of his great production?

Or is it a marketing scheme by a corporation to sell headphones?

That deal is not about the business genius of Dre (however he may be) It is about Dr Dre, the product. The product when leveraged correctly sales less than average electronics at a premium. His great production is wrapped up in that image, just like his gangsta legacy is wrapped up in that market scheme.

Quote:

Quote:

For whatever reason, it made the news, in numerous places...by reputable sources....

www.latimes.com < - LA Times

www.cnet.com <- CNET

www.billboard.com < - Billboard

news.yahoo.com <- Yahoo

Thats because these mfs just copy and paste shit. Anyone with any sense can see Dre is not "drunk" and Tyrese was talking about the other cat.

"drunken boast"

These people are more likely envious and HATING on Dre HOPING their story interferes with that deal.

Quote:
So the BIG question is...

Do you think this affects this "Deal" in a negative way, a positive way, or will it have no effect?

If the deal does not happen it aint because of this damn video - people are delusional. He might have been restricted from revealing it - but like I said - the story was already out. And all he did was say he was about to be a billionaire. If you watch the video not already knowing it was a deal with Apple, you still wont know after watching it (and rappers talk about making a billion dolars all the damn time)

The real questions can you understand Dre wasnt "drunk off Heineken"?
 6 4:58 AM - 25 May, 2014
Yahoo is not a reputable source. My friend works for yahoo. He says and I quote " yahoo is about hits. We get the news from other sources even if they have not been verified. That's why we always like to other sites where the info came from"

nm
 6 5:07 AM - 25 May, 2014
Link not like.

nm
DJ Irv 6:39 AM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:
Back in the Good 'ol Steve days - deals were lost and companies roasted over premature info leaks.

I think AMD took a hit and Apple went with Intel because of a leak (thank god but not sure). Time magazine leaked the iLamp iMac cover www.businessinsider.com

Apple shopped both AMD and INTEL before they switched to X86. AMD was leading at the time vs the Pentium IV but Intel's roadmap and development was next level. The revamped Pentium 3 which became the Core, Core2Duo and eventually lead to the i3, i5, i7. The Pentium 4 was a mistake. Intel kept most of the branch prediction and hyper threading technologies from the Pentium 4 and scrapped the rest. I think intels roadmap is why Apple went with Intel not AMD. Seems they chose wisely.

But, yes Apple hates leaks and punishes leakers. I heard the guy who lost the prototype iPhone 4 in a bar before it came out got the axe.
Joee 1:40 PM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:

you have to watch the video again, notice tyrese starts saying the homies drunk when the random dude says and south central too, he's talking about that guy it's obvious he starts making fun of him
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:15 PM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

you have to watch the video again, notice tyrese starts saying the homies drunk when the random dude says and south central too, he's talking about that guy it's obvious he starts making fun of him

I have been duly corrected...
AKIEM 5:43 PM - 25 May, 2014
LMAO @ at arguing with me about what can be easily seen.

The real question is does Dre have a case for libel against these fools reporting he was drunk, and the one who leaked the information?
Haters

Still LMAO @ at the deal might be ruined by a guy Crip walking.

If the Apple executives where pissed at Dre as has been reported it might have something to do with how the story was being written 'dumb ass drunk Dre can't be trusted not to leak info'. If they had done just a little research (google) they would have figured out the deal was leaked to the news the day before. And not by Dre "boasting" about it and doing all that 'negro' type stuff.

What it looks like to me is Dre just found out the deal was publicized and thought it went through.

Haters

Again, Apple is not interested in the Beats 'technology' it's the image they are paying for.

However the deal was supposed to be revealed 'Dr Dre Ted Talk' has been ruined. And that could effect the deal, but the fault is with whoever leaked the story to the Financial Times. Maybe he should not have confirmed it, but really all he did was say 'I'm about to be rich' he didn't even mention Apple.

Apparently, Apple is divided between the dudes who sport suits and the dudes who dress casual - maybe the deal was revealed by someone at Apple trying to wreck the deal.

Nm
DJ Jonasty 8:13 PM - 25 May, 2014
Either way Dre has more money than he can spend in this lifetime. With or without selling beats. I still see everyone on the train wearing beats by Dre.
DJ SPAIR 10:28 PM - 25 May, 2014
Quote:

We haven’t heard anything official about its supposed $3.2 billion purchase of Beats from Apple yet and now Billboard reports there’s a good reason for that. According to Billboard’s sources, Apple was not at all happy about a video posted by actor Tyrese Gibson where a couple of weeks ago in which Beats founder and hip-hop legend Dr. Dre boasts about becoming “the first billionaire in hip-hop.” Apple was also probably not happy to hear that Gibson said that Dre was “drunk off of Heinekens” in the video, which was posted on Gibson’s Facebook page right after news broke that Apple would be buying Beats for $3.2 billion.

While most of us found the Dre video funny, it’s pretty obvious why Apple did not — the company has long thrived with a culture of extreme secrecy and it probably took the video as a sign that the team at Beats might not be a good fit. In addition to this, Billboard says that Apple was not happy that Beats apparently leaked news about the deal well before the company was ready to make it formal.

This doesn’t mean the deal to acquire Beats is dead, of course, but it seems that Apple is rethinking the terms of an acceptable deal and doing its due diligence to make sure it’s not making a huge mistake.

news.yahoo.com

House Of Cards.
d:raf 4:28 AM - 26 May, 2014
Quote:
Still LMAO @ at the deal might be ruined by a guy Crip walking.

I wouldn't think that alone would do it, but I didn't think it would help the situation either. That said, I guess in retrospect a similar situation didn't hurt Serena -too- bad in 2012, but you never know...

www.huffingtonpost.com
AKIEM 1:52 PM - 26 May, 2014
at the studio next to an rnb dude on an iphone seems like quite a bit LESS than at the olympics winning a gold medal

(LMAO @ "It is a celebratory dance that a gang member does after a MURDER")

"you know Im the mutherfuckin' D R E right?" - Dre

anyway tho - the conspiracy+ angle -> anyone whos been up on them knows about the Carlyle Group right?
KayPlaya 7:45 PM - 26 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Tyrese said "The Homie is Drunk Off Of Heinekens" in the vid....again inferring Dre...

He was DEFINITELY NOT inferring Dre. What video are y'all watching? He was referring to the dude (who I think is F. Gary Gray) who jumping in the video clearly holding a red cup. You can tell he was talking about him because after Tyrese said "the homie is over here drunk off heinekens", he then mocked him by repeating what he said "South Central in here too don't trip".
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:02 PM - 26 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He was DEFINITELY NOT inferring Dre. What video are y'all watching? He was referring to the dude (who I think is F. Gary Gray) who jumping in the video clearly holding a red cup. You can tell he was talking about him because after Tyrese said "the homie is over here drunk off heinekens", he then mocked him by repeating what he said "South Central in here too don't trip".

Duly noted...
d:raf 8:37 PM - 26 May, 2014
Quote:
anyway tho - the conspiracy+ angle -> anyone whos been up on them knows about the Carlyle Group right?

I've heard of them, though I often get their exploits and the Rothschilds' confused (all uber-rich, allegedly-world-ruling caucasian cabals look alike to me). No idea about their connection to anything in this thread.
AKIEM 9:31 PM - 26 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I've heard of them, though I often get their exploits and the Rothschilds' confused (all uber-rich, allegedly-world-ruling caucasian cabals look alike to me). No idea about their connection to anything in this thread.

The Carlyle Group is much "newer". Its an investment firm leveraging its political connections (read membership) to profit from all types of industry most notably defense contractors (read military industrial complex). If you want to understand the connection between Bush and BinLadens you have to know about this organization.

The Carlyle Group invested $500 mill into Beats. Thats the way they put themselves into postion to be acquired Apple.

Thats why Tyrese Crip walking is not interfering with this deal

Quote:
Duly noted...

LMAO @ cats be falling for the okeydoke

Now, Im not going to bother investigating if The Carlyle Group is invested into the Prison Industrial Complex..... but.....

nm
CMOS 6:18 PM - 27 May, 2014
Why yall talkin bout Dre? This is Jimmy Iovine's deal, Dre just along for the ride.
Taipanic 8:42 PM - 27 May, 2014
Carlisle Group currently owns the Company I work for during the day, in the Telecommunications industry. Jimmy Iovine & Dre each own about 25% or less of the company but they do not have a majority stake anymore. If sold, Carlisle would probably make $1b, Dre's Net Worth would probably double, putting him just over $1b.
To the uninformed, Apple is interested in buying Beats for their streaming service, not for the headphone & speaker business.
DJ GaFFle 8:50 PM - 27 May, 2014
Quote:
Why yall talkin bout Dre? This is Jimmy Iovine's deal, Dre just along for the ride.

Coz' they're Beats by Dre, not Beats by Lovine. Nobody cares about a Jimmy Levine.
Joee 9:22 PM - 27 May, 2014
Quote:
Coz' they're Beats by Dre, not Beats by Lovine. Nobody cares about a Jimmy Levine.

correct and dre does have a 20% to 25% stake in the company
AKIEM 9:55 PM - 27 May, 2014
I've read both 33% and 25%. But if Dre and Lovine combined don't even have controlling interest it's even more reason to suspect Dre thought the deal went though and he was hearing about it in the news (by Tyrese) first. So he may have inadvertently been confirming it. The other thing is Apple was also confirming it with the supposed 'flipping out' about it. Where's @ Papa Midnight to tell us if Dre has a legal case against billboard claiming he was drunk and so on? Pretty sure O'mara has no clue #okeydoke.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:44 PM - 27 May, 2014
lol @ Okeydoke. Won't derail the thread going back and forth about that, as it's been acknowledged that "Dre" wasn't the person referred to as being "drunk...

Regardless, the question is whether or not that "Celebration" whether accidental or intentional, will hurt the deal or not...
 6 10:50 PM - 27 May, 2014
In my best Steve Dub impersonation. (According to Johnny M)

These niggas worried about other niggas money.

nm
Mr. Goodkat 10:54 PM - 27 May, 2014
all these blog stories are such bs. its like the mos def situation.There's been all this speculation, by blogs and b news outlets to get hits, that MD has been denied entry to the US, even days after the guardian said there is no confirmation to this story.
Joee 11:12 PM - 27 May, 2014
who cares about dre? T.I. aka tip punched Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the face

much more entertaining than dre and the millions that he may not make, big deal when he's already worth like 400 million
AKIEM 12:12 AM - 28 May, 2014
Quote:
lol @ Okeydoke. Won't derail the thread going back and forth about that, as it's been acknowledged that "Dre" wasn't the person referred to as being "drunk...

Regardless, the question is whether or not that "Celebration" whether accidental or intentional, will hurt the deal or not...

If you are relying on a BS story for your info.... smh

#stillfallingforit
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:44 AM - 28 May, 2014
Quote:
AKIEM 2:41 AM - 28 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

its dumb to think it might

all the "embellishment" could be a different story
Will08272 12:48 PM - 28 May, 2014
Some of the tech sites i frequent are reporting that the offer has been lowered to 3 billion and supposed to be announced probably before the end of the week. With apples developer conference starting monday maybe they want to talk about it during that. As im sure it's going to play a role in their future.
Will08272 8:44 PM - 28 May, 2014
Deals officially done dre and jimmy working for apple.
DJ Dynamight 8:46 PM - 28 May, 2014
AKIEM 8:52 PM - 28 May, 2014
So the REAL question is will Apple be hiring Tyrese?
AKIEM 9:03 PM - 28 May, 2014
Turns out Apple cut $200mil of the deal when they found out it aint this one.

starter.com
Mr. Goodkat 9:15 PM - 28 May, 2014
and i guess dre isnt quite a billionaire after taxes

probably will be next year
Hassle 9:30 PM - 28 May, 2014
There's no such thing as bad publicity.
Joee 9:44 PM - 28 May, 2014
according to the news the deal went thru ,

END TREAD
AKIEM 9:58 PM - 28 May, 2014
"Apple’s history in music began with selling Macs to musicians. That remains important to us today, but we also bring music to hundreds of millions of customers with iTunes, which is at the forefront of the digital music revolution. Music holds a special place in our hearts at Apple, and we know that we can make an even bigger contribution to something that is so important to our society. That’s why we have kept investing in music and why we’re bringing together these extraordinary teams — so we can continue to create the most innovative music products and services in the world.

Beats co-founders and music industry pioneers Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre will join Apple, along with their team of employees. Jimmy has been on the cutting edge of innovation in the music industry for decades, including as a key partner for Apple in the launch of the iTunes Music Store more than ten years ago. He has produced or collaborated with some of the most popular artists in history, and been an important contributor to the success of the iTunes Store. Dr Dre is an OG of West Coast Gangsta rap starting his illustrious carrer in the early 80s as a DJ. My favorite album of his is definitely the Chronic but we will never forget all the great rap artists he has produced and brought to the industry over the years. NWA certainly hold a special place in my heart and I hope Dre will teach me how to Crip Walk. Fuck Tha Police!"
d:raf 10:23 PM - 28 May, 2014
...so I guess Crip-walking has gone mainstream now. lol

Coming soon to a rural high school prom near you...
AKIEM 10:51 PM - 28 May, 2014
anyone know what the gang sign is for 'apple'?
thanks in advance
d:raf 11:07 PM - 28 May, 2014
Probably this: www.signingsavvy.com

;)
Mr. Goodkat 11:10 PM - 28 May, 2014
i dont think crip walking has been some sort of ghetto only thing since the 80s, my homie saw it in the movies in the 90s and that was his go to party move throughout the decade.

Quote:
...so I guess Crip-walking has gone mainstream now. lol
AKIEM 11:19 PM - 28 May, 2014
'Bose by Tyrese'

lol
dj jamalot 12:31 AM - 29 May, 2014
Well it's Official now when is the new mac book pro Beats edition dropping...
DJ GaFFle 10:41 AM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:

Adding An Additional $300 TO The Price Tag.
Joee 11:11 AM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:

a must have for every dj with matching headphones.......lol

Quote:

it's apple more like $600 to $800, where else would they get back that 3 billion they spent
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:25 AM - 29 May, 2014
Apple Just Paid $3 Billion For A Company That Makes Really Mediocre Headphones

Apple just purchased Beats Electronics for $3 billion, making it the company's biggest acquisition to date.

In a press release, Apple CEO Tim Cook said that the deal aligns with the company's focus on music. Cook also said that the partnership would help Apple "continue to create the most innovative music products and services in the world."

However, anyone who knows a thing or two about headphones knows that Beats' line of premium devices aren't that great.

Apple is likely more interested in Beats' recently launched streaming service, which has received generally positive reviews since it was unveiled earlier this year. Still, the Beats brand is more widely known for its headphones—which have received sub-par ratings when compared to its competitors.

About one month ago, TIME compiled data from FindTheBest, a website that rates brands based on reviews from experts and the sheer hardware and feature set their products offer.

Out of 18 headphone brands, Beats was ranked the second worst. The website issues each brand a rating between 1 and 100, with Beats scoring 58. Plantronics was rated as the worst headphone brand with a score of 57, while Shure was rated the highest with a score of 90. Apple even placed higher than Beats with a score of 74.

Both CNET and PCMag have left Beats' headphones completely out of their top picks roundups. Specifically, PCMag gave Beats by Dr. Dre Studio an overall "good" rating, but did mention that they are overpriced. Lifehacker's Whitson Gordon reprimanded a pair of Beats Studios for being too heavy on low-quality bass, writing that "they really aren't very good."

It's not just professional reviewers that have openly criticized Beats headphones. In a lengthy Reddit thread published about eight months ago titled "Why exactly do Dre Beats suck so bad?" some audiophiles concluded that the headphones are overpriced.

The general consensus appears to be that Beats headphones aren't horrible—you can just find headphones that offer better sound quality at a cheaper price.

The move to buy Beats initially confused some tech industry critics, especially since Apple's mantra has always been to create the best products in the world. Apple is known for its ridiculously high standards when it comes to products and design, and Beats' headphones aren't the best according to user and expert reviews.

finance.yahoo.com
dj jamalot 1:17 PM - 29 May, 2014
Out of all the Cans I've owned from Sony to Pioneer. I'm not advocating Beats but my Beats Pro"s are still the most durable I've owned their not audiophile quality but in the durability dept they rank #1 I've yet to break them like I broke every other pair... I bought these 2 years ago @ Best Buy and I bought the 3 year warranty I have 1 year left on my warranty I may break them just to get a new pair LoL!
AKIEM 1:29 PM - 29 May, 2014
Like I said

"Apple isn't buying Dre because of some Thomas Dolby level electronic shit. It's the brand hype so they can sale more overpriced shit - that's what they do ain't it?

Dre apparently has the ability to sell mediocre shit at a premium price - however that was done is what apple wants. It ain't because he is a genius executive, it's because he is a gangsta producer rapper.

But like I said that article was full of BS."
djransom 1:51 PM - 29 May, 2014
Apple bought Beats for their music connections and music streaming service. If you're unaware who Jimmy Iovine is then I suggest you do some research on him and then you'll begin to understand this acquisition. People are focused on the headphones when that's not even the target. This deal opens up doors Apple would probably never be able to w/ the assistance of Jimmy Iovine in the music world.
Logisticalstyles 2:15 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:

And will it sound any different than my HP PC with Beats Audio? I wonder what Apple will do about all the other non-Apple products that have have Beats logo on them? In fact this Sunday I'm attending a Microsoft networking event in one of thier stores and that event is also sponsored by Beats.
DJ JT Stevens 3:19 PM - 29 May, 2014
The interesting thing is that HP still has the rights to use the Beats brand for the foreseeable future.

www.engadget.com

No doubt that the streaming music service is at the heart of this deal though.
Mr. Goodkat 4:04 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

a must have for every dj with matching headphones.......lol

Quote:

it's apple more like $600 to $800, where else would they get back that 3 billion they spent

apple has like 60 billion in cash. buying beats is like you buying a candy bar.
Mr. Goodkat 4:06 PM - 29 May, 2014
actually it was 158.8 billion, so yeah.
DJ GaFFle 4:09 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:

Apple just purchased Beats Electronics for $3 billion, making it the company's biggest acquisition to date.

Now go cut-da'-fool, jig, c-walk, moon-walk all you want...
dj jamalot 5:33 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
Like I said

"Apple isn't buying Dre because of some Thomas Dolby level electronic shit. It's the brand hype so they can sale more overpriced shit - that's what they do ain't it?."

So now you're saying that Apples Industry Standard Macbook Pro's are Over priced Shit???

When they just do what they are designed to do and, And do it Well???
DJ GaFFle 6:41 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Like I said

"Apple isn't buying Dre because of some Thomas Dolby level electronic shit. It's the brand hype so they can sale more overpriced shit - that's what they do ain't it?."

So now you're saying that Apples Industry Standard Macbook Pro's are Over priced Shit???

They do it very well. My '09 MBPro is still on point and should last me a while. ((( knock on wood )))
Joee 6:45 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
They do it very well. My '09 MBPro is still on point and should last me a while. ((( knock on wood )))

i sold my ? not sure what year? pre unibody macbook pro, it only has 4gig of memory & a old 5400 rpm dive

the guy i sold it to uses it every week with serato dj with not one single issue
AKIEM 6:47 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Like I said

I didn't say the MBP is over priced. As far as I'm concerned my Apple laptops have been some of my best purchases (aside from obsolescence due to software) (of course PC dudes would include the laptops in what I'm saying) BUT, I'm talking about all the white plastic overpriced accessories I hate buying.

Apple clearly tries to add to the price based on "design" and "brand". Beats clearly masters that shit, probably learned it from Apple (well monster)

Me, I've never purchased any monster cables, or beats headphones, or even cables from guitar center.

Sure Apple is interested in beats streaming too. But they could have purchased any streaming service out there.

Now, the ultimate adding value to shit scheme is the music industry (music has become crap and at its best is still just intellectual property, literally nothing). Apple wants that, that's lovine the music exec, and Dre. NWA, Snoop, Tupac, Emenem, 50 that shit is not luck.
dj jamalot 7:02 PM - 29 May, 2014
Ok Akiem i see what you did there... Yeah my Apple products tend to be my costliest expenditures, But i really don't mind paying for that peace of mind...
Joee 7:04 PM - 29 May, 2014
^ what he said, did you see this here

"i sold my ? not sure what year? pre unibody macbook pro, it only has 4gig of memory & a old 5400 rpm dive

the guy i sold it to uses it every week with serato dj with not one single issue"

are we seeing guy's with 2008/09 pc's run serato dj smoothly? if so please let us know!
dj jamalot 7:07 PM - 29 May, 2014
i don't think an 08/09 PC is even still in the running is it???
AKIEM 7:08 PM - 29 May, 2014
Yup, my "obsolete" apple laptops still function for me. ALL PCs in my household have "taken dumps."

LMAO
Joee 7:08 PM - 29 May, 2014
i could be wrong, i not sure when apple made the last macbook pro unibody? let me see if i can find the year
Joee 7:09 PM - 29 May, 2014
^ sorry PRE unibody
dj jamalot 7:09 PM - 29 May, 2014
08 it went to unibody...
Joee 7:13 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
08 it went to unibody...

damn, so the guy i sold it to is using a 2008 macbook pro with serato dj 1.6.0 issue free

i used it for a few years my self with scratch live and video SL

man and to think there are sooooo many people complaining and crying saying serato dj doesn't work turns out all they need is a macbook pro new or used
Joee 7:14 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
damn, so the guy i sold it to is using a 2008 macbook pro with serato dj 1.6.0 issue free

and watch out now, it might be a 2007

any dj's here using a 2007 laptop still?
 6 7:19 PM - 29 May, 2014
All I gotta say about Apple is that a friend of mind showed up to my gig about a month ago and used an iBook. Yes. iBook with a version of Serato. That's the one I started with and of course, it worked great.

I sold my iBook for a MacBook when I went to video then an MBP when Serato got ridiculous with the extra shit I don't even use.

nn
AKIEM 7:20 PM - 29 May, 2014
Shit I still track vocals on an 05 PowerBook.
Nm
AKIEM 7:21 PM - 29 May, 2014
Wait - did this thread end up backfiring? Nm
 6 7:24 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
Wait - did this thread end up backfiring? Nm

Yup. Especially since the whole billionaire part is not multi-millionaire.

lol

nm
Joee 7:25 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
All I gotta say about Apple is that a friend of mind showed up to my gig about a month ago and used an iBook. Yes. iBook with a version of Serato. That's the one I started with and of course, it worked great.

I sold my iBook for a MacBook when I went to video then an MBP when Serato got ridiculous with the extra shit I don't even use.

nn

wait? so your telling me i could go buy this---> www.ebay.com

instal serato and dj just fine? DAMN............
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:06 PM - 29 May, 2014
LMAO @ cats always trying to redirect to me....

Is Dre the "First HipHop Billionaire"?

Yes or No...

Smh.
AKIEM 8:10 PM - 29 May, 2014
If he's not, he is on track to be.

I thought the real question was about the "celebration" destroying the deal.
#okeydoke

LMAO.
Joee 8:26 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
LMAO @ cats always trying to redirect to me....

Is Dre the "First HipHop Billionaire"?

Yes or No...

Smh.

considering he was already worth 400 million, he was set to get like 800 million out the deal

BUT, you know the millionaire tax bracket it 100% so they took 400 million from him, that puts him 200 million short of being a billionaire

so in short your answer is NOOOO
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:56 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:

Well, sh*t, taking a snipped of a link from what YOU posted it says -
Quote:

www.thenigertimes.com

Dre, whose net worth was listed as $550 million in 2014 by Forbes, co-founded Beats, but last year Carlyle Group acquired a minority shareholding for $500m. His present stake is thought to be somewhere between 20 and 25%.

Which means? That after the sale – and after tax – Dre will be worth $800m; ahead of Diddy and Jay Z, but some way shy of his first billion.

So yes, that would make him no. 1 on the hip hop list, but not a billionaire just yet

And that was using the entire 8.2 BILLION mark, not even the 8 Billion mark it actually went for...

So by your OWN evidence, there goes the whole "Backfired" notion.....

Wait, unless of course we apply it to what YOU just said...lmao.

Quote:

#okeydoke

LMAO.

No, I was quite clear in what I was asking -

Quote:

Would you say that it's crazy that Dre is known to be an accomplished producer, but instead of making this potential "Boatload" of money because of his musical accomplishments, he instead would receive it based off of a marketing ploy involving headphones?

Which is still a good question....
And

Quote:
Secondly, do you think as the article suggests, that Apple may "Rethink" some things before making this official? I mean a "drunken vid" proclaiming a deal that hasn't actually been inked vs. Apples standard operating procedure of keeping stuff under "wraps" until it means to release the info?

Which is actually a moot point as of now....

Amateurs....
AKIEM 10:28 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Well, sh*t, taking a snipped of a link from what YOU posted it says -
Quote:
www.thenigertimes.com

Dre, whose net worth was listed as $550 million in 2014 by Forbes, co-founded Beats, but last year Carlyle Group acquired a minority shareholding for $500m. His present stake is thought to be somewhere between 20 and 25%.

Which means? That after the sale – and after tax – Dre will be worth $800m; ahead of Diddy and Jay Z, but some way shy of his first billion.

So yes, that would make him no. 1 on the hip hop list, but not a billionaire just yet

And that was using the entire 8.2 BILLION mark, not even the 8 Billion mark it actually went for...

what "8.2 BILLION" are you even talking about?

smh

Quote:

So by your OWN evidence, there goes the whole "Backfired" notion.....

Wait, unless of course we apply it to what YOU just said...lmao.

Quote:
#okeydoke

LMAO.

No, I was quite clear in what I was asking -

You mean when you posted this - twice??
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Which is still a good question....
And

answer: no

Quote:

Quote:

Which is actually a moot point as of now....

Amateurs....

If its a moot point the thread backfired.
you fell for the #okeydoke

Quote:

/thread
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:10 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
what "8.2 BILLION" are you even talking about?

Whoops, meant 3.2 Billion.....

Eh, slight typo

Quote:

Your fascination with trying to "catch me in the wrong" is at addictive levels, but regardless, EVEN IF YOU want to run with that being the MAIN QUESTION of the thread, the answer is apparently "No", but that's HARDLY a backfire.....like you'd love it to be...

#NoPythagoreanTheorem

Quote:

lol, ok that's ONE response....

Quote:
If its a moot point the thread backfired.

No, the question was answered, but of course YOU want to try and be relevant....

But again, you fail....

It's alright man....

Stick with those protractors, mmmkay?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:12 PM - 29 May, 2014
Oh snap...

Trolled again.....
Joee 11:15 PM - 29 May, 2014
dr dre new 800 millionaire ,not billionaire

end thread!!!!!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:19 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:

end thread!!!!!!!!

Basically...

But for those who can see past the surface...

Would you say this a "Corporation" exploiting HipHop, or Dre' exploiting a "Corporation" and getting his just due?
Joee 11:43 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
Basically...

But for those who can see past the surface...

Would you say this a "Corporation" exploiting HipHop, or Dre' exploiting a "Corporation" and getting his just due?

dre is now working for apple, i'll let you figure that one out, apple forgot about this Watchwww.youtube.com

dre's apatite to kill & when him and nwa were in the studio with guns
Joee 11:48 PM - 29 May, 2014
www.theverge.com

who's pimpin who? 3 billion for apple is like $300 for us
DJ GaFFle 12:53 AM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:

end thread!!!!!!!!

www.celebritynetworth.com
That's a lot of cheddar!

So... who here considers Dre a failure because he fell short of the billion $ mark?
Joee 1:01 AM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
So... who here considers Dre a failure because he fell short of the billion $ mark?

ummmm, if you had 1 million would you consider yourself a failure? you could buy yourself a Panamera the whole fam cam ride in a porche........lol

if he has stock options he will hit that billion mark , maybe
Joee 1:06 AM - 30 May, 2014
www.porsche.com

this is a good look, i wish i could drive this car, instead i drive a clone of it a honda crosstour
DJ GaFFle 1:06 AM - 30 May, 2014
So he got money AND stock? Considering his now working for Apple, that'll make him make the products as successful as possible because he'll want to insure his stock grows.

Yessir... that Panamera is a plush ride!
Joee 1:11 AM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
So he got money AND stock

i don't know if he got stock , i was just throwing that out there ,if he did he will be sitting lovely

Quote:
Yessir... that Panamera is a plush ride!

i know , i love that car but i can't afford it so i have to settle for this
www.autoblog.com
Joee 1:11 AM - 30 May, 2014
:(
Joee 1:13 AM - 30 May, 2014
but i did go to ikea and brought back a full 8 piece bedroom set in one trip, good luck doing that in a porcshe .......lol
deezlee 2:04 AM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:

any dj's here using a 2007 laptop still?

2006 black macbook w 1.9.2 and sl3 and an empath. it works flawlessly.
i use the 2006 (or 2007 or something) version of itunes too to avoid problems.
only drawback is i can't update my phone w it.
AKIEM 9:23 AM - 30 May, 2014
Last year forbs said he was worth $550m. royalties + beats.

25% of 3Billion, $750 - $300 (40%tax) is $450m.

Maybe he started with less, or maybe more. Maybe he owns less of beats. Maybe he can work on those taxes.

Either way, it looks like about a Billion, if not now then shortly.

And now he is an Apple executive.

Quote:

Nope, what a dumb ass haterish question.

Fuck tha police.
Joee 10:01 AM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
2006 black macbook w 1.9.2 and sl3 and an empath. it works flawlessly.
i use the 2006 (or 2007 or something) version of itunes too to avoid problems.
only drawback is i can't update my phone w it.

i meant a 2007 windows machine
DJ GaFFle 1:54 PM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

Fuck tha police.

Come on man... it's just a topic and a question. You're tagging it with "dumb ass" and "haterish". Dre was clearly boasting and he and everyone in that room seemed drunk.

#vendetta?
djaction 2:33 PM - 30 May, 2014
DJ GaFFle 2:51 PM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
i.imgur.com

Bwuahahah!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:58 PM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fuck tha police.

Come on man... it's just a topic and a question. You're tagging it with "dumb ass" and "haterish". Dre was clearly boasting and he and everyone in that room seemed drunk.

#vendetta?

lol....
AKIEM 5:59 PM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fuck tha police.

#vendetta?

Thats my opinion on this topic.

If you watched that video and came to all the dumb ass conclusions so many people did - you are a dumb ass. Dre was not drunk, no one said he was, he didnt leak the deal. Apple wasnt "surprised" be Dre, cursing or Tyrese Crip walking and none of that shit could possibly "destroy" the deal. Again if you believe all that shit you are being a dumb ass for believing it.

Secondly, the way that shit was reported by all types of secondary news sites and so on smelled like plain old hating. Even all the silly calculations making sure he ends up with a net worth far below a billion. Then we get all the speculation about 'how can he even fit in' and shit like they wont want to even shake his hand. All looks like jealousy and hating.

Was he boasting? yes - ok. so?

Was he drunk? There is nothing in the video to indicate it.

All these stories said he got drunk and leaked the info, Apple execs erupted in anger, the deal is off - Dumb people believed it.

#vendetta against who, the guy who wrote the story and the haters who copied pasted and embellished it trying to embarrass Dre or worse, fuck with the deal?

Well. I identify with Dre first of all. Among various other reasons, he is a *DJ* who did EXTREMELY WELL for himself. He is one of 'us' as far as I am concerned therefore congratulations are in order not all this jealousy (if not just falling for the okeydoke)

Some cats here seem to be happy about all the negativeness dropped on Dre over this deal - I can speculate about why - but whatever.

Back to how well Dre did. From a DJ, to producer, to first billionaire from Hip-Hop and an executive position at Apple (not a record label or whatever). And he did that with what looks like a minimal of compromising (who knows).
 6 6:53 PM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

nn

wait? so your telling me i could go buy this---> www.ebay.com

instal serato and dj just fine? DAMN............

Yes. It would have to be an older version of Serato but for a very basic backup. Hell yeah!

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:08 PM - 30 May, 2014
There’s a major reason why Apple bought Beats that almost no one’s talking about

So far we’ve heard a lot of explanations for why Apple decided to spend $3 billion to acquire Beats and most of them have involved getting into the music streaming game or bringing top Beats executive Jimmy Iovine into the fold. However, there is another reason that Apple bought Beats that we may have overlooked: Teenagers actually love Beats headphones.

Business Insider points us to a recent survey conducted by Statista showing that Beats headphones are by far the favorite brand of headphones for American teenagers. In fact, more than 46% of all teens surveyed said they preferred Beats headphones to others while more than 25% said they preferred Apple’s — no other brand of headphones scored higher than 10%. In other words, now that Apple has acquired Beats, it seemingly has the teenage market for headphones cornered.

While this might not seem like a huge deal at first, it’s definitely a way for Apple to draw the young crowd into its ecosystem — let’s say that if you buy a pair of Beats headphones, you get a discounted subscription to the Beats Music streaming service on your iPhone. Or maybe Apple could package in Beats headphones as an add-on for people who are trading in their old iPhones and buying new ones.

Either way, this probably isn’t the biggest reason why Apple decided to make its biggest acquisition ever but it wouldn’t be surprising if it was part of the company’s thinking.

news.yahoo.com
AKIEM 8:23 PM - 30 May, 2014
^you dont believe that do you?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:08 PM - 30 May, 2014
I dunno, Yahoo is a pretty reputable source.....isn't it?
AKIEM 12:42 AM - 31 May, 2014
Ya'll know me still the same OG
But I been low key
Hated on by most these niggas
With no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys
No boats, no snowmobiles and no ski's
Mad at me cause
I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries
Got a crib with a studio and it's all full of tracks
To add to the wall full of plaques
Hanging up in the office in back of my house like trophies
But ya'll think I'm gonna let my dough freeze
Ho Please
You better bow down on both knees
Who you think taught you to smoke trees
Who you think brought you the o' G's
Eazy-E's Ice Cube's and D.O.C's and Snoop D O double G's
And a group that said muthafuck the police
 6 1:55 AM - 31 May, 2014
Quote:
I dunno, Yahoo is a pretty reputable source.....isn't it?

This made me LOL the first time and now even more. lol

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:21 AM - 31 May, 2014
:-)
AKIEM 5:12 PM - 31 May, 2014
Eh smedium funny.

FTP

nm
AKIEM 12:46 AM - 3 June, 2014
Dr Dre's Job at Apple in question after awkward introduction at WWDC
mashable.com

Federighi made the call while on stage showcasing OS X Yosemite's new continuity features. In an effort to showcase how iPhone features can be wirelessly shared with the Mac -- including the ability to place phone calls and talk over the Mac's microphone and speakers -- Federighi said he would like to call one of Apple's newest employees.

On the Mac, he then placed a call to Dre, who answered with a stoic "hello" that appeared to surprise Federighi. Dre said that he's excited to begin life at Apple, before joking about what time he'd have to show up to work every day in order to beat notoriously early-rising Chief Executive Tim Cook.

But in the background of the phone conversation singer/actor Tyrese Gibson was heard yelling out profanity including the N-Word and whistling west coast 'gang calls.' “the Apple family imploded with outrage and embarrassment” outweighing any concievable amount of 'white guilt'

Family-friendly Apple surely didn’t approve of the many expletives, but it was likely even more upset about the other content. As a company, Apple thrives on careful execution. That brash, messy phone call sits in stark contrast to how Apple does business — and probably prompted Apple executives to terminate the not even consummated relationship with the rapper who said "fuck the police"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:16 AM - 3 June, 2014
Man I thought you were finally gonna get around to posting "Part 2"....

smh...
AKIEM 1:30 AM - 3 June, 2014
"Part 2" ???

nm
Mr. Goodkat 1:37 AM - 3 June, 2014
Quote:
Apple executives to terminate the not even consummated relationship with the rapper who said "fuck the police"

actually it was eazy, ren, and cube that said that
AKIEM 1:42 AM - 3 June, 2014
Cant believe everything you read I guess.
smh
ftp
nm
Mr. Goodkat 1:44 AM - 3 June, 2014
he did call someone a whitebread chicken shit motherfucker in the song. so i guess that kinda counts.
AKIEM 1:52 AM - 3 June, 2014
Then again Dre, is scratching in "fuck tha police" on Fuck Tha Police.
LMAO - FTP
nm
Mr. Goodkat 1:55 AM - 3 June, 2014
prob was battlecat or dj pooh tbh
AKIEM 2:00 AM - 3 June, 2014
Or Yella ?
nm
Mr. Goodkat 2:04 AM - 3 June, 2014
i forgot he got full producer credit on that album. he was prob the first person to write beats that dre got pretty much sole credit for(as far as the avg listeners go).

en.wikipedia.org
AKIEM 2:08 AM - 3 June, 2014
Mr. Goodkat 2:39 AM - 3 June, 2014
got that and the cabbage patch OP
Mr. Goodkat 2:49 AM - 3 June, 2014
why is it so hard to find dre live dj vid. found a couple clips and as soon as he starts cutting it cuts out.
d:raf 3:39 AM - 3 June, 2014
Quote:
Dr Dre's Job at Apple in question after awkward introduction at WWDC
mashable.com

Federighi made the call while on stage showcasing OS X Yosemite's new continuity features. In an effort to showcase how iPhone features can be wirelessly shared with the Mac -- including the ability to place phone calls and talk over the Mac's microphone and speakers -- Federighi said he would like to call one of Apple's newest employees.

On the Mac, he then placed a call to Dre, who answered with a stoic "hello" that appeared to surprise Federighi. Dre said that he's excited to begin life at Apple, before joking about what time he'd have to show up to work every day in order to beat notoriously early-rising Chief Executive Tim Cook.

But in the background of the phone conversation singer/actor Tyrese Gibson was heard yelling out profanity including the N-Word and whistling west coast 'gang calls.' “the Apple family imploded with outrage and embarrassment” outweighing any concievable amount of 'white guilt'

Family-friendly Apple surely didn’t approve of the many expletives, but it was likely even more upset about the other content. As a company, Apple thrives on careful execution. That brash, messy phone call sits in stark contrast to how Apple does business — and probably prompted Apple executives to terminate the not even consummated relationship with the rapper who said "fuck the police"

...but why didn't they mention the ensuing drive-by from Suge Knight that accidentally capped the twerking ho? It was plainly visible in the video. This story is clearly from a hack news media outlet intent on preserving Apple's "clean" image.

The truth is out there...
AKIEM 3:56 AM - 3 June, 2014
Maine Listen....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:36 AM - 3 June, 2014
Quote:
"Part 2" ???

nm

Yep, just as we figured.....
AKIEM 4:13 PM - 3 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
"Part 2" ???

nm

Yep, just as we figured.....

.....and now you are up in the middle of the night talking about yourself in plural - ok Smegal.
I dont know what you are talking about... riddles and shit.

ftp nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:50 PM - 3 June, 2014
LMAO...

Fake azz Bill Nye.....
AKIEM 5:09 PM - 3 June, 2014
Wait, don't you *think you are O'mara? :)

*aint won a case yet

(and now this dudes trying to derail his own thread smh)

ftp nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:16 PM - 3 June, 2014
No, I'll leave the derailment tactics to you....

BTW, I hope Dre. gets to keep that job at Apple....

Who knows? He may throw you a bone one day.....

Tommy.
AKIEM 5:32 PM - 3 June, 2014
Only derailment tactic here is yours - and in your own thread.

Whatever ever #2s you are talking about..... sick, save that.

Back to Dre then?

ftp nm
 6 7:33 PM - 3 June, 2014
Quote:

smh...

Did you just try to derail your own thread? lmao

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:24 PM - 3 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

smh...

Did you just try to derail your own thread? lmao

nm

:-)
AKIEM 9:32 PM - 3 June, 2014
Maine Listen
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:45 PM - 3 June, 2014
LMAO @ "Identifying" with Dre...

Oh man.....
AKIEM 2:10 AM - 4 June, 2014
well we know you hate your own.....
LMAO :)

no congrats for the fellow DJ = crab mentality

nm
 6 3:15 AM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
well we know you hate your own.....
LMAO :)

hahaha

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:17 AM - 4 June, 2014
CTFU....

No, the FUNNY part is that you claim you "Identify" with Dre, yet you won't even "IDENTIFY" (lmao) yourself via a license to the fuzz when asked.......

lol.

The only thing you may have in "Common" with Dre is you doing backup singing for "F*ck the Police"....as that's your motto....FTP right?....

Man listen.....

Vintertainment at it's best....
AKIEM 8:26 AM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
CTFU....

No, the FUNNY part is that you claim you "Identify" with Dre, yet you won't even "IDENTIFY" (lmao) yourself via a license to the fuzz when asked.......

lol.

Thats correct, I wont "identify" myself to "the fuzz" when asked - only when necessary. So?

Not the fuzz, the man, 5-0, the beast, the 1 times, a pig, babylon, yamoms, none of that.

Quote:

The only thing you may have in "Common" with Dre is you doing backup singing for "F*ck the Police"....as that's your motto....FTP right?....

in "Common"?? - making shit up per use-u-a-well

fuck the police tho, I say it every day

Quote:

Man listen.....
Vintertainment at it's best....

Listen to what?

I pull out 'Straight Outta Compton" - you pull out Barbara Streisand

I pull out the Chronic - you pull out some fucking ABBA

DOC - v - Bete Middler

Ice T - v - Chic

WC and The Mad Circle - v- Lilly Tomlin

King Tee - v - Barry Manilow

ATL -v- Joan Rivers

CMW -v- Carol Burnett

please.

maaine listen.

LMAO - FTP - NM
Mr. Goodkat 9:22 AM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
Ice T - v - Chic

thats really the only one you lost.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:20 PM - 4 June, 2014
lmao...

The hurt runs deep....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:22 PM - 4 June, 2014
Arrrg...

Troll tactics...
AKIEM 5:45 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Ice T - v - Chic

(that was free)

Dr. Dre vs. Barbra Streisand ???

LMAO - ok, for real

Dr. Dre vs. Niles Rodgers

now what?

ftp nm
Mr. Goodkat 5:48 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ice T - v - Chic

(that was free)

Dr. Dre vs. Barbra Streisand ???

LMAO - ok, for real

i was always more a fan of bernard edwards bass playing. i think he has both of them beat. RIP Bernard.

now what?

ftp nm
Mr. Goodkat 5:49 PM - 4 June, 2014
opps

i was always more a fan of bernard edwards bass playing. i think he has both of them beat. RIP Bernard. (just that part)
AKIEM 5:53 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
opps

i was always more a fan of bernard edwards bass playing. i think he has both of them beat. RIP Bernard. (just that part)

I agree, Bernard will kill Dre on the bass guitar. nm
DJ GaFFle 6:19 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:

Both are dope but for musickind... Niles Rodgers. (easy)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:15 PM - 4 June, 2014
Bernard Edwards was the best Bass Player that ever lived...
AKIEM 7:28 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:

Dre would have hired him.
dj jamalot 7:39 PM - 4 June, 2014
Well the Billionaire in training just dropped 40 Million on Tom Brady's old Mansion in Brentwood... Useless tidbit for today...
Mr. Goodkat 8:14 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:

lets dont go crazy now. there are alot of great bassists.
AKIEM 9:58 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

lets dont go insane now. there are alot of great bassists.

maine listen
dj jamalot 11:54 PM - 4 June, 2014
Stanley Clarke hands Down!!!
Mr. Goodkat 12:30 AM - 5 June, 2014
my personal bests of bass

rocco prestia- tower of power
bootsy collins - james brown, etc, etc, solo
jaco pastorious - solo
chris squire - yes
james jamerson
carol king --^^ session players on big 60s and 70s records
geddy lee - rush
stanley clarke -weather report - solo
flea - RHCP
phil lesh - greatful dead
mike watt - minutemen, firehose, solo
mark adams - slave
buddy hankerson - aurra
verdine white - EWF
robert bell - kool and the gang
les claypool - primus
robbie shakespear - solo, session,
aston barrett - wailers
john paul jones - led zep

theres more, but off the top
Mr. Goodkat 12:33 AM - 5 June, 2014
actually Carol Kaye, not Carol King
d:raf 1:23 AM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
actually Carol Kaye, not Carol King

I was gonna say... I didn't know she played bass. lol
AKIEM 1:53 AM - 5 June, 2014
thats a dope list off top even.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:12 AM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

lets dont go crazy now. there are alot of great bassists.

Sheeett....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:13 AM - 5 June, 2014
But there's only ONE Bernard Edwards....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:15 AM - 5 June, 2014
This list is legit

Quote:
mark adams - slave
buddy hankerson - aurra
verdine white - EWF
robert bell - kool and the gang

Honorable mention for - Louis Johnson - The Brothers Johnson
DJ DisGrace 11:18 AM - 5 June, 2014
Geezer Butler
AKIEM 2:50 PM - 5 June, 2014
No Doug Wimbish?
dj jamalot 3:00 PM - 5 June, 2014
The dude from Aurra def had some bad ass Bass Licks
dj jamalot 3:01 PM - 5 June, 2014
What about Slave's Bassist

or Brass Construction's Bassist...
AKIEM 4:21 PM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
What about Slave's Bassist

Mark Adams, mentioned, dead.
AKIEM 4:24 PM - 5 June, 2014
Dr Dre did employ Bernar Focus Edwards to play on Detox tho.

Who made closer to a billion dolars tho, Dr Dre or Niles Rogers?

thats the real question.

ftp nm
dj jamalot 4:25 PM - 5 June, 2014
^^That's a no brainer... Nile rogers is good but not that good...
d:raf 5:10 PM - 5 June, 2014
Nile Rodgers doesn't have enough endorsement deals...
AKIEM 5:37 PM - 5 June, 2014
Who would win a fight, Dr. Dre vs. Niles Rodgers?
Joee 6:02 PM - 5 June, 2014
Quote:
Who would win a fight, Dr. Dre vs. Niles Rodgers?

then better question who be, Who would win a fight?

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 vs. AKIEM
d:raf 11:51 PM - 5 June, 2014
The plot (potentially) thickens... www.forbes.com

Quote:
Apple To Abandon Headphone Jack? Beats Deal Suddenly Makes Sense

[Editor's note: The original headline stated as fact that Apple was abandoning the headphone jack. This is informed opinion, so we added a question mark.]

Suddenly why Apple AAPL +0.39% spent a seemingly ludicrous $3.2 billion buying Beats is starting to make sense. The reason: Apple is being more Apple than we ever imagined and it could mean saying goodbye to your favourite pair of headphones. Furthermore, if my theory is correct, then the new ones you buy will probably have Beats on the logo.

Like most Apple developments, the news emerged from a leak. 9to5Mac has learnt that Apple submitted a specification to its MFi (Made For) licensing program for headphones which connect using the company’s proprietary Lightning port instead of the standard 3.5mm jack. Furthermore all it will take for the Lightning port to start accepting these new headphones is a firmware update.

Like most Apple innovations this brings some notable upsides. The 3.5mm jack (technically called a ‘TRS’ connector) is rarely the bottleneck to audio quality, but the Lightning port will enable a switch from analogue to digital audio with an exceedingly high lossless stereo 48 kHz digital output and mono 48 kHz digital input. If you can afford a $1,000 pair of headphones you may pick up the difference.

Of more relevance to most people, however, is the new functionality it will bring. Headphones with a Lightning connector would be able to do more than lower/increase volume, end calls and skip tracks. There could be specific app control or even the ability to set a specific app to start when they are connected. Since the Lightning jack can also receive power, not just send it, you could still charge a device by connecting it to your headphones while listening to music.

But let’s cut to the chase. The biggest upside in this switch would be for Apple.

Right now you can plug any pair of headphones or earphones into an iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac or MacBook, but with the switch Apple would control an essential peripheral and its MFi licensing program would see it start to take a sizeable fee for every pair of headphones sold for use with an Apple device. Meanwhile Apple would suck up the majority of the profits with the Beats brand because owning it means there will be no licensing fee.

As for users who want to stick with their headphones, they would need to pay for an adaptor which – like the $29 Lightning to 30-pin adaptor (below) – would inevitably be expensive and just bulky enough to make you want to buy dedicated Lightning headphones long term.

Crucially Apple would also strengthen the hold it has over users by tying them even tighter into its proprietary ecosystem. Yes Beats may primarily have been about securing a streaming music service, but suddenly the ability to earn multi-millions from locked-in Lightning headphones, license fees and sales of adaptors makes for a very juicy side business.

As for rivals, Apple gets a powerful new differentiator and the competition is unlikely to be able to agree on a universal 3.5mm headphone jack replacement standard to combat it for years to come.

The problem is most customers will lose out, even die-hard Apple users.

Aside from the extra expense in buying new Lighting headphones or an adaptor, it makes people’s lives more difficult. Apple doesn’t make everything. With new Lightning headphones the HiFi you love suddenly needs an adaptor from Lightning port back to a 3.5mm jack (if such things will be made). The same goes for the TV you use with wireless headphones, your Windows or Linux work computer, older Apple equipment and on and on.

Furthermore casual Apple users – the ones with an iPad but nothing else or an iPhone work phone – either need adaptors, multiple pairs of headphones or to only listen to audio from their Apple devices via the external speaker (impractical).

Worse still, the switch to Lightning headphones is likely to be mandatory.
AKIEM 12:16 AM - 6 June, 2014
This is the part that made me laugh.

Quote:
[Editor's note: The original headline stated as fact that Apple was abandoning the headphone jack. This is informed opinion, so we added a question mark.]
d:raf 1:15 AM - 6 June, 2014
I thought it was funny because some of these exact same arguments were made concerning the shift from SCSI to USB back in the day.
AKIEM 8:21 AM - 6 June, 2014
Hmmm, yeah that was dumb. But USB isn't proprietary to apple like 'lightning port'. I think it would be dumb to remove it right away even though they want to make cash off the adapter. There are LOTS of 1/8 stereo plugs around here, and the ease of using them is pretty high compared to other plugs. I doubt they X it if/until its clear people ain't using it anymore. But yeah they have a better chance snatching Beats owning 65% of the headphone market. Still don't see it.

So I guess they want to add all kinds of extra functionality to the headphones. Unless they are Bluetooth who really wants to fiddle with some extra control shit on your head? What some game controller head movement.

Google glass is better than a iWatch or whatever...

Nm
AKIEM 6:05 AM - 13 June, 2014
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:52 AM - 18 June, 2014
Kanye West: Apple bought Beats because Samsung worked with Jay Z

Kanye West spoke at a conference in Cannes this morning, and he used the opportunity to talk about Apple's acquisition of Beats and the importance of companies connecting with culture at large. According to Adweek, West posed that Apple's purchase never would have happened if Jay Z hadn't struck a deal with Samsung last year to have his album debut on its phones. It was a controversial deal and a shrewd business move, but it gave Samsung a level of cool that's generally hard to buy.

"There would have been no Beats deal without the Samsung deal. It showed the number one company the importance of connecting with culture," West said, according to Adweek.

West is a big fan of Apple, and in particular Steve Jobs. Yet he isn't quite as excited by Samsung, despite respecting its partnership with Jay Z.

"The reason I said I didn't like Samsung particularly is because throughout my entire life, because of how my parents raised me, I have to work with the number one," West said, citing Jay Z, his wife, and Louis Vuitton as things he sees as numbers ones. "Samsung is not quite Apple, but it showed that Jimmy [Iovine] and Dre would be able to connect with the number one influencers."

West reportedly thinks that Apple has lost some of its touch at connecting with culture lately, and he sees the Beats' acquisition as a way to start getting that back. He says that the decline began after the death of Jobs, who he cites as his biggest influence. "Just seeing the way he fought to make things easier for people," West said, according to Adweek.

Jobs' intentions speak to a big part of what West believes companies and products should be doing for people. West says that time is the ultimate luxury, and that people want to buy things that can assist them. "It's not all these brands that we just drove by that are somehow selling our esteem back to us through association," he said.

During his talk, West also spoke a bit about Instagram too, which apparently he has some interest in redesigning. "I said to [Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom], why don't you let us redo Instagram?" West said, reports Adweek. "Now, you know, Instagram is nice. It's nice looking. I'm not knocking it. But just in general, everyone spends all of their time looking at their screens or their phones. And just as a simple task, we could clean that up." He also said that his wedding photo was worked on for four days before it was good enough to post on Instagram.

West stressed the importance of good taste and design, saying that the internet and the world as a whole were ugly. "I believe that bad taste is vulgar. It's like cursing. I think the world can be saved through design," West said. "Because what is the most distasteful thing someone can do? Kill someone. So, good taste is the opposite of that."

www.theverge.com
Joee 12:00 PM - 18 June, 2014
west is a fool "joee said"
Mr. Goodkat 7:06 PM - 18 June, 2014
Quote:
I believe that bad taste is vulgar. It's like cursing.

i'll give kanye this, i hate to hear my b's mf'in cursing and sh*T.