Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

waveforms are not smooth since upgrading

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SZ
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Kristin Joy Vanicek 6:26 PM - 23 May, 2014
I can't use my waveforms since upgrading. I never had this issue until i did the new upgrade to fix latency issues with my new ddi-sz. Im not too happy that there seem to be nothing but problems since i purchased this controller for $2,000!!!
Serato, Support
Mak T 11:58 PM - 3 June, 2014
Hey Kristin Joy Vanicek,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Serato HQ.

Quote:
I can't use my waveforms since upgrading

- Can you explain this issue a little further? Are the waveforms not functioning correctly? are they not responding or 'playing smooth' with specific files?

- Have you changed anything on your computer since updating to the Serato DJ 1.6.3 update?

- Have you updated the firmware for your Pioneer DDJ-SZ?

Cheers

Mak T
DJ Yaitanis 7:16 PM - 28 October, 2014
Mark I seem to have an issue with the waves as well but before I go into it I need to make sure we are talking about the same thing. I am referring to the music waves generated by a song that scroll to the right (forward) and to the left (reverse) when hitting the play button.

I am using a fully loaded latest MBP with Yosemite. 2.6, 16 512 with 2gb video card
DJ Yaitanis 5:31 PM - 30 October, 2014
Any ideas on this? I would think with a 2GB Video card I would get a smooth wave....
djmurrayl 3:02 PM - 7 March, 2015
I am having roughly the same issue.... The wave when playing seems quite jumpy. 99% of the time is doesn't affect the track but twice now the music starts to play up. It's like having a dirty control cd but obviously it can not be that with using the SZ
Ste H 5:04 PM - 8 April, 2015
Im also having the same problem with my ddj sx2. Display waveform visuals are not smooth enough even on the highest screen updates setting, it hurts your eyes after a while I might need to get glasses soon...
DJ Booty P 12:54 PM - 9 April, 2015
Dear Serato,
Myself having the same issues with my DDJ SX2. It has serato 1.7, I3 CPU with 4Gb of Ram.

I never had this ever with Traktor Waveforms where always running very smoothly.
any Ideas Serato, most of my other concerns and issues have now been resolved.

Thanks
Ste H 2:54 PM - 9 April, 2015
I have an i5 processor 8gb ram dell workstation laptop with FHD screen.
It should be smooth but its not.

If serato cant fix this maybe the ddj sx and above needs a new firmware?
2:00 AM, 24 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.