Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Connecting the SR to external speakers with a Male to 2 RCA males

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SR
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Timbodia 11:22 PM - 16 May, 2014
I've been mixing for under a week now (only with headphones), and I want to share my mixing with my roommates. I've got some speakers and a boombox (logitech) which usually connect to my laptop which I am now trying to connect to the SR. Whenever I unplug the speakers from my PC and plug in the male 1/8" to the speaker's headphone input I get the LED's on the SR indicating that there is a song playing, and that I can't hear it. Also, whenever I do this and have my headphones connected, I can hear perfectly (through the headphones). If anyone has had trouble with this, and has now resolved it, I would greatly appreciate any help from you, the forum. Thank you.

P.S. Should I use instead a female to 2 RCA males, so that I connect the speakers with the Aux cable that usually goes into my PC?
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:11 PM - 21 May, 2014
Hey Timbodia,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Serato HQ. I would suggest plugging into the RCA Master 2 inputs at the back Pioneer DDJ-SR, any other way you're going to have trouble. You should be able to do this with your speakers, however you have to purchase some form of adapter in order to connect your RCA's from the current connection you have running out of your speakers.

Cheers

Mak T
10:08 PM, 10 Jun 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.