Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Deleting a Stored Loop

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
wingcomm 4:52 AM - 15 May, 2014
I have to echo everyone's sentiments here by echoing that this new Twitch integration with Serato DJ is "half-baked." It lacks the coordinated and intuitive integration between hardware and software that drew me into the Twitch/ITCH fold. Using some of the Performance Mode features ion DJ that we had in ITCH require super-human finger acrobatics to activate, a series of unintuitive button sequences or they are just missing altogether.

For example:

1. To cue back/reloop to the beginning of a saved Auto Loop you have to press Shift+Pad(1-8). Its rather cumbersome.
2. Since there are no button mappings to delete stored loops, I have to rely on the GUI. Since only two stored loops are available in the GUI, I cannot delete any of the saved loops other than the those two shown in the GUI.
3. Although this has already been addressed, I have to bring up the poor implementation of the fader effects ("FX") as well. Since the gain is not held like it was in ITCH, it makes executing most effects without disruption nearly impossible.
4. If an effect is activated and assigned to a fader, if I tap the Select/Activate button to change effects, it causes the playing track to stutter. This is unacceptable in a live performance, especially in a recording.
5. Multi-touch - One of Novation's game-changing features in ITCH was left out of DJ. Will it come back?

What I felt was Serato's uncompromising attention to detail and integration was sacrificed in Serato's rush to get DJ out the door. It saddens me to ponder how invested Serato is in the paying customers that have repeatedly invested in their products.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate innovation. However, I would hate to see such an innovative controller platform like the Twitch become a forgotten casualty in Serato's drive forward.
Serato, Support
David Wood 11:15 PM - 20 May, 2014
Hey wingcomm,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've been across a lot of the forum posts in relation to these know issues. We are working on fixes for all logged bugs, however for feature requests i'd suggest posting here: serato.com
The reason being that we in support actually don't deal with what features are within the software, that is the job of our Product Team and they spend time reading and responding to feature requests so i'd suggest posting there and continue this discussion for further feedback from other users and our Product Team will be more lily to see them.

Regards
Dave
wingcomm 8:12 PM - 25 May, 2014
Dave, thank you for getting back in touch. To the topic had hand, is there button mapping for deleting loops on the Twitch for Serato DJ?
wingcomm 8:15 PM - 25 May, 2014
Also, none of these listed items are feature requests in my opinion. These are bugs, things that used to work in ITCH but appear to have been overlooked in mapping the Twitch to Serato DJ. These are things that used to work, but now do not...I'd call those bugs...no?