Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

help needed with xml file for serato dj

tsi_selwyn 10:23 PM - 4 May, 2014
Hey guys i have been working on a xml file to be use with my dns 3700 for serato dj version 1.6. The new xml file writing for serato dj is a little different from ssl. However i have gotten a few feathers to work which cannot me midi mapped at present. i am not sure if it will me ok to post it on the forum due to copyright. However i think the modifier and the deck set are the key to making most of the feature work.
tsi_selwyn 1:07 AM - 6 May, 2014
ok guy i have been work on the xml file for serto dj for the dns3700 and 3900. i have got the load track, temp cue, rewind, fast forward, library scroll, song gain, tab focus and a few more features that cannot be mapped at present with version 1.6.2
djdomination 3:11 PM - 6 May, 2014
datz wassup how can i make those work in 1.6.2 im usin dicers & i want to midi map em
tsi_selwyn 5:35 PM - 6 May, 2014
made this video today of the mapping at work with the dns 3700 in serato dj 1.6.2 www.facebook.com
djdomination 2:31 AM - 7 May, 2014
im usin 2 technics 1200 turntables but how can i find the xml file for serato dj?
tsi_selwyn 3:06 AM - 7 May, 2014
the xml file of is in our music\serato\midi\xml. folder
djdomination 8:21 PM - 7 May, 2014
ok i found the xml file im usin dicers & sl3 wif 2 technics 1200 in scratch live 2.5 they have the midi map panel which i could make to scroll thru my songs & load songs & etc but in serato dj u can not midi mapped to scroll thru songs or crates how can i make it work in serato dj 1.6.2 im usin macbook pro 10.9.2 ..my xml shows diz code ..

<midi>
<Control name="Scroll Up Button" channel="16" event_type="Note On" control="65" />
<Control name="Tab Focus Button" channel="16" event_type="Note On" control="66" />
<Control name="Scroll Down Button" channel="16" event_type="Note On" control="67" />
<Control name="Load Left Button" channel="16" event_type="Note On" control="68" />
<Control name="Load Right Button" channel="16" event_type="Note On" control="69" />
</midi>
tsi_selwyn 11:54 PM - 7 May, 2014
you would have to do some work with your dicers and the xml file as the xml file i have made is for denon dns3700 but that xml you have will not work in serato dj as the xml file format is different. and eg of the new xml file looks like this
<midi>
<control channel="16" event_type="note on" control="65"/>
<userio event="click">
<loop_in="default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
<translation action_on="any" behaviour="explicit"/>
</loop_in>
</userio>
</control>
<midi>
that is the new file format this is the way to serto dj would write the loop in function as it is mapped from inside serto dj
tsi_selwyn 11:58 PM - 7 May, 2014
there is a correction <midi> should read <midi app=" 1.6.2.6885" that is at the start of the file not the end
djdomination 8:07 AM - 8 May, 2014
yea im usin the dicers im tryin to midi mapped my dicers in sdj 1.6.2 so i could go thru my crates & browse thru my library & so i could load tracks & instand double usin dicers how can i find the xml file for dicers?
tsi_selwyn 12:30 PM - 10 May, 2014
have not see one for the dicers and i do not have or use one but you can try this to load a track
<midi=" 1.6.2.6885">
<control channel="16" event_type="note on" control="68"/>
<userio event="click">
<load _track="default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
<translation action_on="press" behaviour="explicit"/>
</load_track>
</userio>
</control>
<userio event="click">
<load_track="default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
</load _track>
</userio>
</control>
<midi>

that is the most help
djdomination 1:33 PM - 10 May, 2014
i try dat code but in sdj wen i click on midi wat im suppost to do next? u said datz to load a track but how?
raedonquan 6:30 PM - 10 May, 2014
You need to know what midi buttons on the dicers put out

You may have to change a control number...

That code is for reference. ..
hobbbz 5:45 AM - 20 May, 2014
@tsi_selwyn how are you finding the extra xml tags to use, such as "load_track" ? I'm trying to map loop rolls or a momentary hold for FX on + knob control (so I can hold an FX and turn 1 knob to tweak it).
tsi_selwyn 11:48 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
i try dat code but in sdj wen i click on midi wat im suppost to do next? u said datz to load a track but how?

the same way you load the xml file in ssl

Quote:
@tsi_selwyn how are you finding the extra xml tags to use, such as "load_track" ? I'm trying to map loop rolls or a momentary hold for FX on + knob control (so I can hold an FX and turn 1 knob to tweak it).

the fx knob and buttons can be auto mapped by sertao the same why you mapped in ssl
djBern 12:48 AM - 22 May, 2014
Do you have xml info on library scroll and instant doubles?

Quote:
have not see one for the dicers and i do not have or use one but you can try this to load a track
<midi=" 1.6.2.6885">
[u]
<load _track="default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
</load_track>
</userio>
</control>
[u]
<load_track="default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
</load _track>
</userio>
</control>
<midi>

that is the most help
tsi_selwyn 8:41 PM - 24 May, 2014
the xml file in the link below has been customized for serato dj by tsi sound system and dj rome it was made for the denon dns3700,sc3900 and the sc2900.

link www.filehosting.org
tsi_selwyn 1:15 AM - 25 May, 2014
the link above has been delete as i left out a function so please use the link below

www.filehosting.org
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:40 AM - 11 October, 2014
hi TSI. How do you edit the Serato DJ XML to enable Midi Out / Lights on
jmims 9:25 PM - 11 October, 2014
Quote:
hi TSI. How do you edit the Serato DJ XML to enable Midi Out / Lights on

SDJ Doesn't have Midi Out as of yet
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:45 PM - 11 October, 2014
Quote:

SDJ Doesn't have Midi Out as of yet

Thanks.
tsi_selwyn 11:55 PM - 20 October, 2014
it should be able to be done with 1.72 put i can not tell because i can not get a copy of the beta version
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:38 PM - 23 October, 2014
Midi out is live in the 1.7.2 and works a treat too
tsi_selwyn 12:00 AM - 24 October, 2014
dj marv the maverick what are you using that you got to work
A.G. 9:02 PM - 9 December, 2014
did the "official" 1.7.2 start working for the SC-3900?
spencerthayer 9:15 PM - 10 October, 2015
@A.G., no it's unlikely Serato or Denon will ever support the SC3900 because both companies have washed their hands of their customers. I've asked the support team directly for a mapping or some word and have never heard from them. I likely never will.
tsi_selwyn 1:37 AM - 11 October, 2015
spencerthayer there is no native support for the sc 3900. that is something that we may never see. but you can midi map the buttons yourself now. the only problem is light/led support for the denon tabletop line the dns 3700, sc3900 and the sc 2900.
spencerthayer 3:02 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:
spencerthayer there is no native support for the sc 3900. that is something that we may never see. but you can midi map the buttons yourself now. the only problem is light/led support for the denon tabletop line the dns 3700, sc3900 and the sc 2900.

Sure we can map it but with Serato DJ's lame ass mapping capacity we can't even really map it right. "Exit/Reloop" button can only server one purpose, CUE function is worthless, SYNC ON/OFF requires wasting at least two buttons, the SHIFT button is entirely none functional.

So really we can maybe get an SC370,SC3900,SC2900 that half works in Hybrid mode. But it's certainly nothing to get excited about.
TheElectrocat 9:07 PM - 4 January, 2018
all function available whit virtual dj for mac o windows. no mac need, display and led work.
rane and denon fucks not have a solution for 3700 users !!