DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Performance Series Control Vinyl vs Serato Scratch Live Control Vinyl 2.5?

DJZobe 12:21 AM - 3 May, 2014
Saw Serato Scratch Live Control Vinyl 2.5 stocked up on turntable lab site.

turntablelab.com

What's the difference between that and the Serato Performance Series Control Vinyl?

turntablelab.com

I'm assuming they are both CV 2.5. I'm guessing the difference is due to the packaging, and the performance series vinyl is thicker than Serato Scratch Live Control Vinyl 2.5 which is thiner.
djbanno 2:26 PM - 3 May, 2014
They both have 2.5, the first is made by Rane and the second is made by Serato.
Good question about the thickness though, I can't comment as i have only have Serato 2.5 CV's...
I do know both come in dope colours and they has been known to cause addictive behavior.
djbanno 2:27 PM - 3 May, 2014
*have
Alixx J 3:22 PM - 3 May, 2014
I've only got one pair and they are slightly weightier and the signal is a lot louder... At the club my scope lines above the decks stay pretty much 100% grey, whereas my older standard vinyl suffer more from the loud environment and often have the red creep in...
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:11 PM - 3 May, 2014
they are the same, just different packaging and colors.

Rane has clear Serato does not.
Other colors are very similar, but Rane will only have Blue, Red, Clear, Purple, Black, and White if you are lucky.

Serato have lots more colors.
DJZobe 9:58 PM - 3 May, 2014
Thanks. The info here make sense.
Cecilio de los santos 6:46 AM - 25 December, 2016
How do you put music in your serrato vynils ?
Tommy Deem 7:37 AM - 25 December, 2016
Quote:
How do you put music in your serrato vynils ?

Are u serious xD
Cecilio de los santos 9:18 AM - 25 December, 2016
I'm sorry i dont know anything about this serrato vynils . Only have the some old black from the 80's .
BosmanRagga 6:43 PM - 31 October, 2019
Thanks for this info, that was exactly my question too - Serato is still rocking