Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

FLAC - Artwork and Key not pulled in?

DJ Wizard Sleeve 1:23 PM - 25 April, 2014
Hi, I have been searching around for some info of this using the site search and google but can't seem to find any results - sorry if this is not the right location to post this or it has already been picked up.

Serato seems not to pull in the KEY or ALBUM ART from FLAC files.. which is annoying as I usually buy in AIFF but recently found a site that sells FLAC and figured the space saved would be good.

Is there anything I can do to get serato to recognise this information?
Sounds By JB 10:44 PM - 26 April, 2014
Known issue... For. mmmm some long time... Serato guys.. little effort on that spot??
DJ Wizard Sleeve 1:46 PM - 27 April, 2014
Ah, sorry for the extra report on it then.
I did search and couldn't find anything.. all that was coming up were requests for flac support from 2011...

Nothing I can do to get it to recognise the info? (Apart from convert I guess?)
Sounds By JB 2:52 PM - 27 April, 2014
What I do is put the info in the comment field, I write Key - Energy level - BPM in my comment fields. For what I do that gives the best sorting.

For this I use mixed in key, Jaikoz and excel for the merging of the fields :P
DJ Wizard Sleeve 3:53 PM - 27 April, 2014
Fair, I have energy levels in my grouping field, and I do also save key to my comments field as well as the key field so I do have the info available, it just isn't convenient... and I am so terrible with names I often use the album art to remember the tracks

Let's hope the team sort it out soon.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to dialogue with me :)
Sounds By JB 5:05 PM - 27 April, 2014
Very welcome!
Davmix 4:43 PM - 13 August, 2014
Up
Frozone 4:53 PM - 13 August, 2014
+1