Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

CDJ 2000 Platter Lagging

jemhockey 7:15 AM - 24 April, 2014
Experienced a lag on the CDJ 2000 Platter midway thru my set. The Initial Setting was 12ms on the system Preferences.

Was playing with that setting for 2 hours. Afterwhich it started lagging and i had to change the buffer to 13ms after which is worked as per normal.

Is this a SL 4, CDJ 2000 Nxs or Serato DJ 1.6.2 issue? Didn't experience this with 1.6.1.

Macbook used was 13" retina 512 GB 8 GB RAM
deejdave 11:00 AM - 24 April, 2014
Just curious as to why the buffer has to be set so high. I am able to get everything running perfect 95% of the tie at 1ms. Sometimes I have to go to 2ms but that's about it.

I am able to get this on 3 out of my 4 MacBook Pro's so I am wondering if you should be able to as well. aren't things a bit laggy at 12 ms?
jemhockey 11:26 AM - 24 April, 2014
There is a buffer setting in the software itself which i set to 1ms and there is also another buffer setting in System Preferences in mac OSX. which is set to 12ms
deejdave 12:08 PM - 24 April, 2014
Got ya. Never even changed mine. I thought you meant your SDJ buffer................ carry on LOL
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:50 PM - 27 April, 2014
Hey JemHockey,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Are you referring to the CDJ centre LED screen being a little laggy when connected in HID mode? Did this affect the audio output or the ability to use the platter correctly?

Thanks
Jamie.
jemhockey 4:28 PM - 4 May, 2014
Hi Sorry for late reply.

It happnened again last night.

Nothing to do with HID mode.

Its simply suddenly just worked as though the latency was 30ms. The platter lag when i juggle or scratch. Even when i press cue or play, it takes like a while then it will react on the Serato DJ software.

I am using the latest version of Mac OS and also the latest Retina 13" 512GB
Mark Rambo 12:00 AM - 5 May, 2014
had this same issue happen twice in the last 3 weeks using 2 different rand 62 mixers. First time it happened using CDJs while doing video and I have the video buffer at -.5secs.. half way thru the night upon loading a video had a minor glitch and distortion for a split second but then serato was acting as if it was delaying 1/2 sec from my movements on the cdjs (hot cues via serato remote and keyboard shortcuts where working perfectly on time. thought it had something to do with the delay setting i had on sera to video, until last night about 3 hours into my set using a different rand 62 mixer and tech12s I had the exact same thing happen when loading a completely different video and had no video delay compensation selected. once the lag becomes present, only movements from either control device are delayed.. hot keys still work perfect. strange

Running Serato DJ 1.61
Mavericks OS
Mid 2012 MBP i7 16gig ram 512 SSD 1tb HGST Optibay 7200rpm
buffer settings at 12ms and 5ms
jemhockey 4:33 AM - 5 May, 2014
This happened to 2 different Djs on the same night ... SL 4
Serato, Support
Jamie W 4:44 AM - 5 May, 2014
Hey Guys,

Thanks for that information,
This issue does sound very strange since its happening 2/3 hours into a set.

1. Was there any other applications running on your computers while you were using Serato?
2. Are you using any external hard drives?
3. Were you using the CDJs with timecode CDs?

Thanks.
jemhockey 4:52 AM - 5 May, 2014
1. Nope no other applications on
2. No external
3. Used original serato time code cds
Mark Rambo 11:34 AM - 5 May, 2014
1. only program running was SMC fancontrol with fans set @ 4000rpm (I even keep my Wi-Fi turned off)

2. No external drives only an Optibay and it never falls asleep (because most of my files Im using are on it)

3. using serato control Vinyl and serato control cds when this happened with 2 different 62s

I will also say I went back into my history and can say that I did my first 36 gigs using Serato DJ with only 1 minor hiccup and then 2 of my last 8 gigs over the last 2 weeks this has happened to me when doing Video with Serato Video.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:43 AM - 5 May, 2014
sure i have seen this posted about the forums and there was some youtube videos, latency goes really bad after a certain amount of time and you have to move the usb slider then move it back and all is fine again.
jemhockey 11:45 AM - 5 May, 2014
Can this be rectified ASAP ?
Mark Rambo 12:12 PM - 5 May, 2014
Quote:
sure i have seen this posted about the forums and there was some youtube videos, latency goes really bad after a certain amount of time and you have to move the usb slider then move it back and all is fine again.

which buffer? the new buffer they added inside the control panel or the original buffer that is under the setting tab?
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:35 PM - 5 May, 2014
Can't remeber as i did not track the thread.
But i would hope serato are awear of this issue.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:35 PM - 5 May, 2014
Hey Guys,

Thanks for that information, the issue you guys are experiencing is something we are aware of. The problem is related to the Rane audio driver, we plan to have this resolved in a future update. For the meantime the only way to resolve the issue is adjusting the Buffer size.

Thanks.
Jamie
Jed 104 3:20 PM - 22 June, 2014
Quote:
Can this be rectified ASAP ?

come on man this is critical how long do we have to wait?