Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

playlist sorting

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
seagreen 6:51 PM - 2 July, 2004
how do i get the "natural" sort order to match my playlists in itunes? 1.1 was supposed to fix this, but I cant get it to work...

seagreen

OS10.3.4
1.25 GHz PB
seagreen 6:15 PM - 7 July, 2004
Maybe I need to elaborate...

In FS, when I imported my iTunes playlistd, they appeared in the order that they are sorted in the playlist (i.e. not necessarily alphabetical in any column). SSL still forces an alphabetical sort by column.

I thought "allow natural playlist sorting" listed under 1.1 improvements was referring to this feature.

I wish this would work, as I use very long playlists sorted not alphabetically, but by my own (patented) low to high intensity sorting method.

I dont pack my record bag alphabetically, and wish I wasn't forced to do so in SSL.

Thanks for the help inadvance!

seagreen
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:20 PM - 7 July, 2004
That is a good question Seagreen.

Here is a little trick I use. You can use the comments column view to number your tracks like 1,2,3,4 will that work for you?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 11:43 PM - 7 July, 2004
Hello Seagreen. 1.1 did not address this issue. "allow natural playlist sorting" referred to numerical sorting within (generally) text based fields. However we are working on a fix for the problem of iTunes playlists loosing their order.