DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Open Source Keyfinder Donation/Fundraiser page

DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:20 PM - 7 April, 2014
Many of us here on the forum has tried or used Keyfinder www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk - a FREE open source Key detection tool that does audio like Mixed In Key but also does Video. Forum thread here: serato.com

Dude that wrote it has started a donation campaign to hire musicians to study and analyze the key structure of 1000 of todays popular club music to improve the algorithm that the software is built on.

If you've used the FREE APP and found it useful, you may want to kick dude a few bucks. I don't really care about access to the database but I use that App to key my music videos so it was worth it to me to give him a five spot.

Donation page and more info here: www.indiegogo.com

Just passing this along and spreading the word to help improve this useful tool. If the developer posted this it may break a forum rule so just trying to help "legally" spread the word.

(Looking forward to seeing the look on the Musicians faces when they listen to the latest DJ Mustard tracks and some of the other ratchet rap of today - lol TAKE PICTURES!)
Dj Nyce 3:25 PM - 7 April, 2014
count me in. keyfinder is the shit!