DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJS!!!!!!!! i am so tired of...

wilkins820 3:23 PM - 9 February, 2009
i'm tired of

'putting my hands in the air'

lil john - yea ....... what
fatman scoop

puttin my hands up for
detroit, los angeles, chicago, ibiza

again
lil john
justin timberlake remixes (and i fucking love JT's music)

mashups of an acapella and instrumental just cuz they can be beatmatched.

ugggh...
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:27 PM - 9 February, 2009
I acutually havent heard a YEAH or WHAT in awhile
wilkins820 3:33 PM - 9 February, 2009
you'll hear it everyday now that i just brought it up
wilkins820 3:35 PM - 9 February, 2009
or

'if you really like to rock the funky beats'
djgs 4:07 PM - 9 February, 2009
put your hands up in the air!!!

if this is you town put your hands up!!!

dont even get me started
The Notourious B.K.S. 4:10 PM - 9 February, 2009
make some noise!
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:10 PM - 9 February, 2009
anything said in auto-tune that makes people sound like carribean robots
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:10 PM - 9 February, 2009
everyone wanting to be an r&b singer
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:13 PM - 9 February, 2009
Ima a hard core gangsta with no feelings,,,,,,and id like to sing a heartfelt song about it here i go
wilkins820 4:25 PM - 9 February, 2009
Quote:
Ima a hard core gangsta with no feelings,,,,,,and id like to sing a heartfelt song about it here i go

holy shit!!!

who said that?
ive heard something like that before, but as B CLINTON always said... 'i cant recall'
bourbonstmc 4:30 PM - 9 February, 2009
No fan of FMS here. Usually if I play something with Lil Jon, it's him being Pitbull's hype man.
JT 3 5:57 PM - 9 February, 2009
Auto-pitch cracks....ugghhh
JT 3 5:59 PM - 9 February, 2009
Oh and people asking for "spanish music" or "raggeaton" when I'm working at a venue that specifically says we can only play house or top 40 dance/electronic music.
dirtbag filthy 6:17 PM - 9 February, 2009
im sick of complaining ass dj's
JT 3 6:29 PM - 9 February, 2009
Quote:
im sick of complaining ass dj's

So you're sick of yourself? Your statement is a complaint about DJ's that complain =P hehe
agentorange 6:34 PM - 9 February, 2009
im sick of mic jocks and airhorns.
agentorange 6:37 PM - 9 February, 2009
whack promoters and whack djs that saturate the market, so good djs have to take paycuts because they're all over the place.

DJS!!!!! - DON'T DJ CLUBS IF YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T THAT GOOD!
4mydawgz 11:16 PM - 9 February, 2009
old whining ass DJ's that complain about the up and comers.
RyanAgape 11:31 PM - 9 February, 2009
Sick of NY Hype guys that don't shut the fuck up the entire night. Yes we know who we came out to see. Yes we know where we are. Yes we know who the DJ is. No, I don't want to 'go crazy'. No, I'd rather not 'put my hands up'. I'm already dancing, listening to someone spin that I maybe paid for or at least put forth the effort to get on a list and leave my house. Quit blowing it hype guys.

I wish music didn't need Sound guys, Hype Guys, or Shady Promoter Guys.
DJ Pullout 12:15 AM - 10 February, 2009
Promoters are the worst. Its all about if youre friends with them and how many people you know. And not based on your skill level. BS
wilkins820 12:35 AM - 10 February, 2009
i forgot about the 'go crazy' shit
now ive been reminded, dammit
Ruffdawg 9:53 AM - 10 February, 2009
I'm sick of songs that 'feature' someone else.

It would seem , if you're an RnB singer then you need only write (have written for you) half a song then the studio will 'feature' some irritating douche to whoop, holler and say YEAH!! a lot to fill the other 2 minutes

This also works for Rappers, write one verse and part of a chorus, then let your 'featured' artist fill in the blanks with MMMMM's, YEAH's and other generic nonsense.

N:B Repeat each others names at least three times each per verse / chorus
Ruffdawg 9:56 AM - 10 February, 2009
FOOTNOTE:

Producers - Taking a song no one liked in the first place , speeding it up and layering a generic beat under it is also a defenite win.
DJ LTIZZZLE 11:40 AM - 10 February, 2009
I'm sick of

DO THE

Stanky Legg
Johnny Bravo
halle berry
Dougie
Crank {insert name here}
Ricky bobbie
Nature Walk

AND ANY OTHER SONG THAT HAS A DANCE TO IT!!!!! I'm sick of Songs telling me what to do.. I.E (clap your hands) what if i don't feel like clapping my damn hands... LOL.. I like this thread.
wilkins820 1:24 PM - 10 February, 2009
Quote:
I like this thread.

thats why i started it.

i hope it never ends
DJ LTIZZZLE 1:43 PM - 10 February, 2009
I'm also Sick of folks from the Dirty South. They act like THEIR MUSIC is the only thing that should be played in the club
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:05 PM - 10 February, 2009
Quote:
I'm also Sick of folks from the Dirty South. They act like THEIR MUSIC is the only thing that should be played in the club

Why the fuck would you want to play anything else in the club what im posed to bounce with nas fuck that que up that josephine johnny and that hot boy ronald and lets get this bitch krunk!!!(BOUNCE MUSIC WHAT!!!) haha ;)
nik39 3:56 PM - 10 February, 2009
Quote:
i'm tired of

'putting my hands in the air'

lil john - yea ....... what
fatman scoop

puttin my hands up for
detroit, los angeles, chicago, ibiza

again
lil john
justin timberlake remixes (and i fucking love JT's music)

mashups of an acapella and instrumental just cuz they can be beatmatched.

ugggh...

Quote:
Sick of NY Hype guys that don't shut the fuck up the entire night. Yes we know who we came out to see. Yes we know where we are. Yes we know who the DJ is. No, I don't want to 'go crazy'. No, I'd rather not 'put my hands up'. I'm already dancing, listening to someone spin that I maybe paid for or at least put forth the effort to get on a list and leave my house. Quit blowing it hype guys.

I wish music didn't need Sound guys, Hype Guys, or Shady Promoter Guys.

+1 on everything.
latinblood2k1 4:18 PM - 10 February, 2009
People requesting for "spanish" music like salsa,reggaeton,merengue,bachata although it should really be labeled as "hispanic" music. Unless you mean the gypsy kings or any other music that`s from SPAIN than you shouldn`t be calling it spanish music
Chrisjin 4:28 PM - 10 February, 2009
What I'm really sick of is love songs. I'm so sick of changing my answering machine. So sick of hearing all these sad and slow love songs but dammit all I'm really sick n tired of not being able to turn of this radio
Jader 5:26 PM - 10 February, 2009
Quote:
People requesting for "spanish" music like salsa,reggaeton,merengue,bachata although it should really be labeled as "hispanic" music. Unless you mean the gypsy kings or any other music that`s from SPAIN than you shouldn`t be calling it spanish music

oh snap i might have to drop that on the mihas one time
Sam Diamond 5:27 PM - 10 February, 2009
Quote:
People requesting for "spanish" music like salsa

We had a period where the local latin club had closed and we had an influx of people coming up saying "Hey, you got any Salsa??" I'd ponder it for a moment then say "Hang on a sec... Let me look..." Their grin while looking forward to being the center of attention on the dancefloor showing off their moves turned to confusion when I'd turn back around with an empty jar of Pace Picanté Sauce... "Nope... Sorry, I'm all out..."

I either got a laugh or the finger... Either way, rewarding.
bourbonstmc 5:28 PM - 10 February, 2009
When they want "Spanish music", give 'em the Ketchup Song...
Sam Diamond 5:36 PM - 10 February, 2009
I'm sick of spending all week staying on top of what's BRAND new... Then someone comes up and requests "That New one from Britney Spears [or any other artist with a 'new song' every other week]" I'm around 115 at the moment so I pop in Circus. 30 minutes later I've gone up to 140ish and either ended the set, or cut-timed it to 70 BPM and have climbed back up to 95-100... Here they come again

"When're you gonna play Britney??"
"What're you talking about I played Circus right away for you!!"
"No, not that one... Her *NEW* one Womanizer...."

(Or even worse, they request something from the PREVIOUS album, or they want some album cut that's not even danceable...)
DJ-Phat-AL 7:03 PM - 10 February, 2009
I am sick of obama...

whoops... wrong thread.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:02 PM - 10 February, 2009
Quote:
I'm sick of spending all week staying on top of what's BRAND new... Then someone comes up and requests "That New one from Britney Spears [or any other artist with a 'new song' every other week]" I'm around 115 at the moment so I pop in Circus. 30 minutes later I've gone up to 140ish and either ended the set, or cut-timed it to 70 BPM and have climbed back up to 95-100... Here they come again

"When're you gonna play Britney??"
"What're you talking about I played Circus right away for you!!"
"No, not that one... Her *NEW* one Womanizer...."

(Or even worse, they request something from the PREVIOUS album, or they want some album cut that's not even danceable...)

haha can you play the skit off her last album i think its # 4 it was hillarious
dj25e 9:29 PM - 10 February, 2009
I am tired of going to clubs like we have in East Tennessee, (Johnson City, Knoxville area) and the DJ doesnt even mix but the owner doesnt even care, because he is content and probably doesnt know what a real DJ is supposed to do. And I am tired of wack DJs on youtube, wasting time a and energy with weak mixes, and I am tired of cover bands getting more props than a Good DJ. Kills me.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 12:47 AM - 11 February, 2009
-Im tired of artists trying to cross over. Stick to what you do best.
-Im tired of songs that shout out the producers name at the beginning. It's like they gotta let everybody know who made the beat.
-Auto tune
gravitized 1:16 AM - 11 February, 2009
I'm tired of people complaining.

STFU
wilkins820 4:35 AM - 11 February, 2009
Quote:
I'm tired of people complaining.

STFU
- says mr redundant
kalibhakta 5:32 AM - 11 February, 2009
Quote:
When they want "Spanish music", give 'em the Ketchup Song...

LOL @ Ketchup Song. I have that ish on cassette tape.
Laz219 5:41 AM - 11 February, 2009
Tired of people expecting me to have every single song, even by some artist nobody has ever heard of and then when I don't have it questioning "What kind of DJ are you?"

Tired of people bringing up their MP3 player/Phone to play some shit song (that I most likely have anyway and just refused to play)

People calling any kind of electro/house music techno.

Big one- people that will bitch and just stare at you if you play something that isn't the radio edit.
DJ LTIZZZLE 6:11 AM - 11 February, 2009
Quote:
Big one- people that will bitch and just stare at you if you play something that isn't the radio edit.

Or if they haven't seen the Video yet.. God i hate those people. I hate when people say they can dance to this... it has a beat move your fuckin FEET PEOPLE. But no!!! They need to see the video to show them how their suppose to dance to the music..
Mike_P 8:00 AM - 11 February, 2009
i'm sick of that one a-hole that says "change the song" or "play something we can dance to" when the dancefloor is packed. another one that makes me want to smack someone is "can you play something faster?" when i'm playing a 120 bpm song.
DJ LTIZZZLE 8:09 AM - 11 February, 2009
^^Yeah i feel ya on that one... I'm sick and tired of everyone in the club being a DJ, but no gear
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:03 PM - 11 February, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Or if they haven't seen the Video yet.. God i hate those people. I hate when people say they can dance to this... it has a beat move your fuckin FEET PEOPLE. But no!!! They need to see the video to show them how their suppose to dance to the music..

I hate this too, i think im going to find a dance studio around here and have them print me out a shit ton of busniess cards, then when someone comes up and complains that they cant dance to this ill hand them a card and say mabye this will help...maybe i can make a referal fee
Caramac 3:05 PM - 11 February, 2009
Lol.
Caramac 3:09 PM - 11 February, 2009
One of my biggest gripes are people who want to know what I'm playing next. I don't go on the floor and you'll find out like everyone else.

Its not that they ask its that they seem confused when I say I don't know I'm thinking and then have no helpful (even non helpful suggestions).

You must know you're the dj
I know its the headphones that give me away
so what's next?
I don't know.
why not?
the songs are 3 mins long do you want to hear anything
no. I don't know. what you got.
I got something special just for you. This is for you.
really thanks.
no worries.

I'm actually surpised I'm not beaten up for my sarcasm at gigs lol.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:14 PM - 11 February, 2009
Quote:
-Im tired of artists trying to cross over. Stick to what you do best.

In some cases yes but im all for artisits explorin what else they can do or else it they stale, some of those corssovers come out pretty good or can inspire new artists to try something new

Quote:
--Im tired of songs that shout out the producers name at the beginning. It's like they gotta let everybody know who made the beat.

Its marketing, no different than when djs put drops in their mixtapes. If a beat tight damn right i would want people to know I made it, that makes me hotter and raises my rates!

Quote:
--autotune

+100000
Dj Corleone508 12:46 AM - 12 February, 2009
Quote:

Yoooo i completely flipped out reading this. i could not agree more. to show example that song with trina and kelly from destiny's child, kelly is singing a nice RnB hook then trina hops in the verse with yeaaaaa im the bitch who let you put it in the ass.