DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I'm calling a Battle: Click, I challenge you !!

djHSL 7:39 AM - 3 April, 2006
Click, you've been making a LOT of posts about what a DJ is, what a DJ isn't, what features SSL "needs", and a whole lot of other stuff that just doesn't need repeating.

I think you're full of sh*t.

There's a mix of mine currently in rotation on mmRadio, at www.beatmixing.com. It is titled "2am In The Big Room", and is part of a live set I played at a monthly Gay and Lesbian event I do as a change from mobile work.

That's my mixing. It has been there for a couple of weeks, so it isn't anything special that I pulled together ... it is just what I do.

I'm challenging you, Click, to put up one or more of YOUR mixes, preferably live, that show us exactly how a *real* DJ does it.

You can either accept the challenge, and be judged by your peers in this forum, or you can turn and run.

The choice is yours.
click 7:58 AM - 3 April, 2006
WTF!!!!!

Holy chit.. Dude, u really ought to see a therapist..

T-H-E-R-A-P-I-S-T. (Psychiatry)

This childish troll obsession is outright weird... (i really mean that)
click 8:04 AM - 3 April, 2006
How do you get to this thread from here >>>> scratchlive.net

therapy dude... u need it seriously...
sixxx 8:05 AM - 3 April, 2006
oooh. With the animosity between you two, I would have came back at djHSL with a V.I.D.E.O.

;)
click 8:08 AM - 3 April, 2006
the freak needs to let it go...

it is getting weirder and weirder..
click 8:08 AM - 3 April, 2006
djHSL, for your own sanity... LET IT GO...
djHSL 8:11 AM - 3 April, 2006
sixxx, I really don't want to see videos of click in his bedroom!

I just got tired of seeing him lecturing others about what makes a "real" DJ ... and telling everyone what SSL "needs" to be a tool for "real" DJs ... so I'm calling his bullshit.

I've got nothing against wannabes ... everyone starts somewhere ... but I really get pissed off by wannabes who pretend to be God.

Anyway, occasionally I put my stuff out in public if I'm happy with how it turned out ... let's see if he is prepared to back his big mouth with some mixing action.
click 8:15 AM - 3 April, 2006
lol!!!

djHSL.... Just Let it Go....
click 8:17 AM - 3 April, 2006
djHSL... don't u see this as weird?

don't chase me all over the boards dude, let it go man....
click 8:19 AM - 3 April, 2006
WTF!!... lol..
DJMark 8:24 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
don't u see this as weird?

*I* see it as weird that anyone would reply two, three, sometimes four times in a row to one post.

Since you asked.
click 8:39 AM - 3 April, 2006
DJmark, no disrespect, but you can't compare thinking a new thought after you already hit 'post' to what made this thread come about...

You don't need to see a therapist for adding thoughts after you hit 'post', but what this cat illustrated tonight is beyond "replying two, three, sometimes four times in a row to one post"

He went from this scratchlive.net

to going all out in this manner..

You might be biased, but it is too plain to see, even for an idiot.

I responded when he attacked me in another threat, but had no idea they guy was psycho.. I should have known...

lol....take a good look at what inspired this thread again...

scratchlive.net

you can defend him if you want; maybe you don't like me... but ... ufck, what more needs to be said..
djHSL 8:52 AM - 3 April, 2006
You're looking OWNED, click.

I've called you, in public, and you're not man enough to get it on.
click 9:09 AM - 3 April, 2006
djHSL... let it go...
click 9:10 AM - 3 April, 2006
and grow up...
djHSL 9:16 AM - 3 April, 2006
You talked big ... but, as usual, the bigger the mouth, the smaller the skills.

You've been called out in front of some of the best DJs in the profession, and you're showing up empty.

I think you should crawl back to Skratchworkz, or wherever else you post as such an "expert" these days, and maybe they won't have seen the butt-kicking you got over here.

[ ... brushing hands ... ]
OG Supernatural 9:37 AM - 3 April, 2006
@djHSL... I like the put up or shut up challenge but I can't find your mix. Can you post a better link or tell me how to get to it. Thanks
click 9:38 AM - 3 April, 2006
Dude, I started DJing a long while... do you really think I need to prove it anyone, especially to a obsessed psycho who looks me up on the internet, not only are you acting like your in 3rd grade, but your beyond obsessed..

you actually looked me up???

You are not my friend, so what do I gain from answering your 3rd grade challenge..

let it go man.... u r obviously having a hard time letting it go...
click 9:41 AM - 3 April, 2006
WTF!!

i can't believe the dude actaully went through all this...

psycho-therapy man... u need it...
djHSL 9:41 AM - 3 April, 2006
DJ-Supernatural, the mix is on radio rotation ... on the "jack2it" station.

Give me a few minutes and I'll put up a downloadable copy ... is 128kbps OK?
click 9:42 AM - 3 April, 2006
I know you cats hate the mutiple posts but I am still freakin out...
click 9:43 AM - 3 April, 2006
who has seen or has had someone obsess about them like this??
vidoona 9:48 AM - 3 April, 2006
Why not just accept the battle click?
click 10:04 AM - 3 April, 2006
What’s the real point???

like WTF??, I am supposed to RUSH OVER TO MY TABLES like a goaded freak and do a set, and then upload it JUST to satisfy a pycho??

Like, what kind of freak would I be then? I feel better to just chill -- what do you think I am 10yrs old?

I am mature enough to realize that don't have to prove chit to anyone...

If you want to think I suck, or that I have only been playing for a month-- be my guest. It bothers me not one bit really...

In fact I think it's childish, not to mention psycho, that he would do internet searches on me. Why does he need to see my skills? What is the purpose? What do I gain from it? Do I really care?

If it makes him feel good to think I suck -- I have lived many years to conclude... 'Whatever’
Dj Metro 10:08 AM - 3 April, 2006
if u have skills step up............ if not shut up.
click 10:10 AM - 3 April, 2006
but the point is that you should consider that this >>> scratchlive.net lead to this thread.

Some cats might not like me, but that type of reactive behavior is abnormal... period.
djHSL 10:11 AM - 3 April, 2006
128kbps was probably too big, so I'm uploading a 64kbps version first. In about 15 minutes time, the file will be uploaded to:

www.djHSL.com

Mix Title:

2am In The Big Room

Track Listing:

Just Like That (Belmares and Preve Club Mix)
- Amber

The Drive (Original Mix)
- Victor Calderone

Freeek! (Scumfrog Mix)
- George Michael

Desenchantee (Thunderpuss Club Anthem)
- Mylene Farmer

Took My Life (Josh Gram Movin' Vocal Mix)
- Vernessa Mitchell

It's All Good (Scumfrog Mix)
- Fantasia

Feel You (Ralphi Rosario Club Mix)
- Alyson

To The Moon And Back (Hani's Club Mix)
- Savage Garden

This is an extract from my last live set at a monthly Gay & Lesbian night I do as a change from mobile work.

Peak hour at this club is 1am to 2am, this post-peak collection is a tribal-influenced bridge with some softer breaks for those who want to get emotional, working in Savage Garden to turn the mood towards a handbag disco set.

Now, I need to make it clear that I am NOT claiming to be the best DJ in this forum, and I'm probably not even in the top 50%. There are DJs here who I've admired for many years. But I've been a working DJ for a long time, I'm an old man inclined towards grumpiness, and I reckon I'm entitled to call "BULLSHIT" when clowns like click let their pretending get out of hand.
click 10:11 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
if u have skills step up............ if not shut up.

what do I gain from it??

Why do I have to prove shit??

... if you wanna think I suck.. I care not really...
click 10:13 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
I'm entitled to call "BULLSHIT" when clowns like click let their pretending get out of hand.

LOL.. and you don't call researching me and obsessing all day with me out of hand?

But then again, you probably don't think it's out of hand... ;)
click 10:17 AM - 3 April, 2006
LOL... so sherlock holmes, what are you saying I don't know how to DJ and that I am pretending...

@ least your 100% sure about that... ;)

You’re a real freak!!

Just let it go and get off of me once and for all ok ..

I have seen enough to know your attack on me, and subsequent obsession with me is not normal...
bush 10:18 AM - 3 April, 2006
This is just sad from a 47 year old man in fairness
DJMark 10:19 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
what do I gain from it??

What have you gained from any of this, I have to wonder.

If you really don't care what anyone else thinks, why don't you take this to e-mail rather than carrying out this ridiculous feud in the forum.
Dj Metro 10:21 AM - 3 April, 2006
click can u mix or not?
click 10:21 AM - 3 April, 2006
Mark you are 100% right! I can't even believe it myself...
click 10:27 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
click can u mix or not?

Whatever!!

I will say one last time; I have been playing since 85 on GLI 5990 and 900 mixers.

We used 8 cerwin vega L36 earthquakes with D32 highs and the old G4-12 guitar box. SAE amps, and the old 3.5 space dbx sub harmonic synthesizers. I have used also used Ashley amps.

This is way before software, or CDs.

If you cats want to follow the freaks lead and doubt that I can even play, from what imputus? it beats me......but... whatever... I am cool either way...
click 10:27 AM - 3 April, 2006
900=9000
click 10:30 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:

it is freaky as well as sad...
DJMark 10:36 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

Going on your own accounts, you're no spring chicken yourself.

And I thought we were done?
click 10:38 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Going on your own accounts, you're no spring chicken yourself.

And I thought we were done?

Man, I am just starting intenalizing this thread..

you really can't compare my responses to what this guy went off with tonight...
vidoona 10:39 AM - 3 April, 2006
Click battle him or just let it go.....you aren't going to prove anything by posting over and over trying to convince us all you have mad skills, so either meet his challenge and save yourself the typing or leave the thread alone because you don't care. Either way, this is just stupid E-thuggin' and not worth the time right?
click 10:41 AM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Click battle him or just let it go.....you aren't going to prove anything by posting over and over trying to convince us all you have mad skills, so either meet his challenge and save yourself the typing or leave the thread alone because you don't care. Either way, this is just stupid E-thuggin' and not worth the time right?

I never said I have mad skill, but I can hold my own...

but I am still freaked, and ammused over what this cat went off with....
vidoona 10:42 AM - 3 April, 2006
whatever floats your boat.....for me: unsubscribe time
Julls 12:02 PM - 3 April, 2006
Anyone notice this when trying to shout in a thread now?

"More than half of your message contains capital letters. To many forum users, this means you are SHOUTING your message, and is considered to be bad forum etiquette. Please edit your message so that there are fewer capital letters."
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:38 PM - 3 April, 2006
hey good morning everyone!

how was everyones weekend? Good??? good!
TelosHedge 1:55 PM - 3 April, 2006
fuck it i'll take you all on! bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

seriously whats the point?

we're all dj's. we all do the same shit. how can we fight about how we play other peoples songs? lol
Julls 2:04 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
we're all dj's. we all do the same shit. how can we fight about how we play other peoples songs? lol

Hahaha thats a good point. I never thought about it that way. lol
punosion 2:15 PM - 3 April, 2006
djHSL, this has to be high in the rankings for dumbest threads I have ever seen. You're calling-out click for posting opinions and thoughts on a public message forum...real intelligent.

Put "IMHO" in front of click's--or ANYBODY'S--posts you don't agree with, then click your browser's "back" button or hit ALT + F4 on your keyboard. You'll be a bit happier in the end.
illkid 2:44 PM - 3 April, 2006
i wanna see a 2minutes video-that will say more than 100 mixes
djransom 3:10 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
djHSL, this has to be high in the rankings for dumbest threads I have ever seen. You're calling-out click for posting opinions and thoughts on a public message forum...real intelligent.

Put "IMHO" in front of click's--or ANYBODY'S--posts you don't agree with, then click your browser's "back" button or hit ALT + F4 on your keyboard. You'll be a bit happier in the end.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong w/ a good ol fashioned battle. This has spiraled out of control though. If you plan on battling each other then do it, otherwise keep it moving. Agree to disagree and call it day.
punosion 3:20 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Honestly, there's nothing wrong w/ a good ol fashioned battle. This has spiraled out of control though. If you plan on battling each other then do it, otherwise keep it moving. Agree to disagree and call it day.

Not at all, but this is a classic example of a chirpflare-style challenge. sure, click is vocal, might be a bit melodramatic for your own perspective...but similar to those who don't really like nik and feel they need to go on an anti-click warpath, they spill shit over into other threads or start completely retarded threads like this that will go NOWHERE (but do serve to more or less keep the banter out of the threads that may have been going OT because of it).

In any case, djHSL is pissed-off that click is doing the EXACT SAME THING that he is doing...sharing perspectives, opinions, knowledge, etc.
djransom 3:38 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

Not at all, but this is a classic example of a chirpflare-style challenge. sure, click is vocal, might be a bit melodramatic for your own perspective...but similar to those who don't really like nik and feel they need to go on an anti-click warpath, they spill shit over into other threads or start completely retarded threads like this that will go NOWHERE (but do serve to more or less keep the banter out of the threads that may have been going OT because of it).

In any case, djHSL is pissed-off that click is doing the EXACT SAME THING that he is doing...sharing perspectives, opinions, knowledge, etc.

Point well taken.
OG Supernatural 5:30 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
I like the put up or shut up challenge

At least it's an attempt to keep beef dj related and possibly weed out a poser.
DJ Evil One 6:03 PM - 3 April, 2006
right...i think click should post a mix...it obviously doesn't have to be battle related, but just post something you've done.
click 6:21 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
I like the put up or shut up challenge

At least it's an attempt to keep beef dj related and possibly weed out a poser.

Quote:
right...i think click should post a mix...it obviously doesn't have to be battle related, but just post something you've done.

You give me one good reason why?

because I might be a fraud who can't blend two records to save my life... whatever.. my dog can blend records...

because, I need to prove myself?... why??

will I get banned if I don't? Will I lose the respect of people on this board (this board I have only been on for a few months) -- people that I hardly know?.

OMG!!! I better get something together quick!!!!!!

Like.... whatever...
click 6:22 PM - 3 April, 2006
Oh... and good morning to all...
punosion 6:48 PM - 3 April, 2006
Welcome to the day.
sixxx 7:01 PM - 3 April, 2006
Good morning everyone.

Oh my, oh my!
kicko 7:16 PM - 3 April, 2006
i would post a mix ...
he was talkin' about mixing on mixmeister (which I love for perfecting mix cd's i'm working on) but can easily be viewed as the definition of cheating.
tig ol' bitties 7:16 PM - 3 April, 2006
g-g-g-g-g-g unit!!!
DJ Evil One 7:32 PM - 3 April, 2006
yeah, and click...you can actually shut him up if you post something and it's good. imagine that!
CMOS 7:32 PM - 3 April, 2006
wow the dude gave you the opportunity to shut him up forever and you bitched up. Just one 5 minute mix and we would have been done with this forever. now we all gotta hear this shit continue for the next two weeks.
punosion 7:36 PM - 3 April, 2006
Don't feed the trolls. If the "opportunity" was taken, we'd see countless posts about which mix was better, why the other was whack, accusations of biting, etc...
DJ Evil One 7:40 PM - 3 April, 2006
but at least that would give us the debate.
click 7:42 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
yeah, and click...you can actually shut him up if you post something and it's good. imagine that!

I feel you, I sometimes feel its necessary, but every time I think to go over to the tables and make something for this crack head, I feel like a freak of the weak bitch that needs to prove chit -- like I am ten years old...

Bottom line, if he takes comfort in thinking I can't rep... How does that affect me? I conclude again with.... whatever...
sixxx 7:52 PM - 3 April, 2006
Click. Seriously dude. Either upload a mix somewhere for us to download or don't post ANYTHING at all...

You're making yourself look bad.

The cool thing is that it DOESN'T have to be battle material. Just a simple minimix will do. Because, seriously, it can't be a real battle if its not in person but at least you can shut him up....

Also, don't keep saying that you don't want to act like a 10 year old... You were already past that point many posts ago.
click 7:53 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Click. Seriously dude. Either upload a mix somewhere for us to download or don't post ANYTHING at all...

You're making yourself look bad.

The cool thing is that it DOESN'T have to be battle material. Just a simple minimix will do. Because, seriously, it can't be a real battle if its not in person but at least you can shut him up....

Also, don't keep saying that you don't want to act like a 10 year old... You were already past that point many posts ago.

whatever...
DJMark 7:56 PM - 3 April, 2006
If someone didn't care about what other people think, they wouldn't spend hours on post after post after post after post in a public bitch-feud.

The only way you can prove you don't care what other people think is to STOP POSTING THIS CRAP ALREADY (yes, that was intentional shouting).
kicko 7:57 PM - 3 April, 2006
I think HLS is betting up wont post one. I know how you feel like your being punked into posting one and why should you just because this dudes a crazejob, but you can honestly prove a point here. LOL I bet even after you do post one they probably will think you had someone else mix it anyways so it might not be worth entertaining the offer but either way... it's on you
tig ol' bitties 8:00 PM - 3 April, 2006
i dont see how a minimix would solve this?
i can make a minimix and sound like AM, its the longer ones where you seperate yourself from the rest.
i dunno, jus my 2cents.
DJMark 8:03 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:

Nothing will "solve" this, except for both of these guys to stop posting their bitching at each other in public.
sixxx 8:07 PM - 3 April, 2006
Agrees with DJMark. (looks around for the lock to this thread)
bartaug 8:10 PM - 3 April, 2006
Yeah, could somebody lock this thread?
OG Supernatural 8:12 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
i can make a minimix and sound like AM, its the longer ones where you seperate yourself from the rest.
i dunno, jus my 2cents.

Post's on the forum should be dj related. Lately there has been a lot of non dj related nonsense posted around here. Posting a mix would not solve the issue but at least it would ad some credibility to ones posts/statements. In fact it wouldn't be a bad idea to start calling more people on the carpet... maybe it will encourage some to spend more time practicing than hangin out on the forum posting busts/nonsense.
DJMark 8:12 PM - 3 April, 2006
From the movie Wargames:

"The only way to win is not to play".
tig ol' bitties 8:16 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
i dunno, jus my 2cents.

Post's on the forum should be dj related. Lately there has been a lot of non dj related nonsense posted around here. Posting a mix would not solve the issue but at least it would ad some credibility to ones posts/statements. In fact it wouldn't be a bad idea to start calling more people on the carpet... maybe it will encourage some to spend more time practicing than hangin out on the forum posting busts/nonsense.

well my post about F the yankees is very much none dj related, but needed to be put out there. hahaha.
punosion 8:19 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Agrees with DJMark. (looks around for the lock to this thread)

Quote:
Yeah, could somebody lock this thread?

As much as I'd like to see that, this thread isn't anywhere near as bad as the drinking and DJ'in thread... ;)
DJMark 8:24 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
well my post about F the yankees is very much none dj related, but needed to be put out there. hahaha.

No, it didn't.

With all due respect, it would be nice if you and a few other people would stop wasting your (or your employer's) time piddling useless posts all over the place.

I don't think anyone can reasonably expect this place to strictly stay 100% on-topic (and that would get a little boring anyway) but a lot of this recent posturing has gotten way out of hand and serves no useful purpose.
tig ol' bitties 8:28 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

No, it didn't.

With all due respect, it would be nice if you and a few other people would stop wasting your (or your employer's) time piddling useless posts all over the place.

I don't think anyone can reasonably expect this place to strictly stay 100% on-topic (and that would get a little boring anyway) but a lot of this recent posturing has gotten way out of hand and serves no useful purpose.

please. give me a break dude. if you look thru this almost anything you can imagine has been discussed. its a general discussion, you know what g-e-n-e-r-a-l means?? and you obv must be a yankee fan.
OG Supernatural 8:29 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i dunno, jus my 2cents.

You almost got it... Got a mix?
DJMark 8:32 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
if you look thru this almost anything you can imagine has been discussed. its a general discussion, you know what g-e-n-e-r-a-l means??

I'm quite aware of what "g-e-n-e-r-a-l" means. Where I draw the line is postings (like "F the Yankees", for example) that seem intended mostly to start an argument.

I don't care about any spectator sports, by the way. I play soccer, ride my bike and skateboard. I don't care to sit on my ass and watch other people play.
tig ol' bitties 8:33 PM - 3 April, 2006
nope i dont. and i am not going around talkin like i am da man so there is no need for me to post one. I will come out and admit i pretty much blow. I have my moments and others times i suck worse then a girl on a lollipop. so leave me outta this.

Bunch of idiot yankees fans in here.
tig ol' bitties 8:35 PM - 3 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
if you look thru this almost anything you can imagine has been discussed. its a general discussion, you know what g-e-n-e-r-a-l means??

I'm quite aware of what "g-e-n-e-r-a-l" means. Where I draw the line is postings (like "F the Yankees", for example) that seem intended mostly to start an argument.

I don't care about any spectator sports, by the way. I play soccer, ride my bike and skateboard. I don't care to sit on my ass and watch other people play.

yeah dude rock on!! Viva la bam!! that comment was almost as cool as cancer dude, "i dont watch spectator sports, i dont care to sit on my ass and watch other people play" hahahah. i hope thats a joke, honestly.

guess what i do. i play wiffle ball, ultimate frisbee nad golf. guess i am not as cool as you apparently cuz i watch professional sports. wow guy.
DJMark 8:36 PM - 3 April, 2006
I'm sorry you feel the need to have a pointless argument. Enough said, this is boring.
tig ol' bitties 8:41 PM - 3 April, 2006
yeah man. your cool.
Serato
James 8:45 PM - 3 April, 2006
Everybody shut up.

1. Be nice to others.