Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

DDJ-SZ No Post Fader Color FX when using Crossfader?

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SZ
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
damehype 2:47 PM - 29 March, 2014
I understand the limitation regarding the exclusion of post fader software effects. What I don't understand is post fader Color FX ONLY when using the channel faders. When using the Crossfader the effect cuts out. Am I doing of have something set wrong? Please advise.
DeeJay Staas 8:45 PM - 29 March, 2014
+1 , not enough for me too
damehype 5:13 AM - 30 March, 2014
??? Bump???
damehype 5:39 PM - 31 March, 2014
Bump...
damehype 2:35 AM - 2 April, 2014
Bump
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:48 PM - 2 April, 2014
Hey Damehype,

I have put together a quick, simplified diagram to show where in the mix architecture of the DDJ-SZ the color FX are mixed. The original image is from here: pioneerdj.com (page 33)

The color FX are post CHANNEL fader but since they are assigned to each channel they are pre CROSS fader. I can't think of any real world mixers where a FX module is assigned post cross fader...

Sam
10:48 PM, 2 Apr 2014
Sam GG attached a file: Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 11.44.02 AM.png
View· Permalink
damehype 11:17 PM - 2 April, 2014
Understood Sam, and thanks for the reply. But in virtually all of those real world mixers, the effect tail (as in an echo) will still be heard once you cut the crossfader to the other channel. Sadly, the SZ does not behave in this manner
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:19 PM - 6 April, 2014
Hey Damehype,

If its something that you really think should be changed I would recommend getting in touch with Pioneer, they may be able to change it with a firmware update or give you more information as to why it is set up like it is.

Sam