Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Sliders not working with Serato Video

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark MixDeck
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ JaySmoke 8:22 AM - 26 March, 2014
Hi, I recently bought the serato video alongside serato dj...and I have been doing lots of mix through serato dj using the crossfaders on the controller but when I try to crossfade the video mix using the sliders on the numark, it doesn't work. What could be the problem.
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:57 AM - 28 March, 2014
Hi DJ JaySmoke,

Quote:
I have been doing lots of mix through serato dj using the crossfaders on the controller

Quote:
when I try to crossfade the video mix using the sliders on the numark, it doesn't work.

Im very confused as to what you mean, first you say it works, then you say it doesn't work? Can you please explain the issue you seem to be having?

What "controller" are you talking about in the first part if you weren't talking about the Numark?

Regards
DJ JaySmoke 5:09 PM - 3 April, 2014
Hello Scott,
I am using the Mixdeck.

What am saying is, the crossfaders on the unmark mixdeck works with normal serato dj but it doesn't work with serato video.

Also whilst at it, where can I find the record button when doing video mix?
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:07 PM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
What am saying is, the crossfaders on the unmark mixdeck works with normal serato dj but it doesn't work with serato video.

Have you "linked" the crossfaders? Inside the Serato Video panel there is a "XF LINK" button, this will link the video crossfader to the crossfader on your Numark controller.

Quote:
Also whilst at it, where can I find the record button when doing video mix?

Have you clicked on the REC button at the top of the screen? If you open the recording panel you are able to select what kind of recording you want, set it to Video Mix.

Regards
8:40 AM, 5 Apr 2014
DJ JaySmoke attached a file: Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 8.36.11 AM.jpg
View· Permalink
DJ JaySmoke 8:40 AM - 5 April, 2014
Hey Scott,

Thanx for the comments. I have attached a screenshot of my screen at this moment.

As you can see, I have enabled the XF Link but it's still not responding. I also cannot find any rec button.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:15 PM - 6 April, 2014
Hi DJ JaySmoke,

Sorry, I missed that you said you have a Numark Mixdeck controller. Unfortunately, Due to the configuration of these three controllers, recording in Serato DJ is not possible. All controllers are built differently and in order for these controllers to give users the benefits of an affordable controller/standalone mixer (among other features) they don't provide a master audio stream back into the software to be recorded.

The Mixdeck crossfader is also "audio only", and will not transmit MIDI data for Serato Video to read, this is why the XF Link button is not working, as it has nothing to link to.

For the same reason, the master output will not be represented in the Master Output Level Meter and the Master Output in Serato DJ, cannot be adjusted. Since recording audio is not available, the "REC" button is not there and you will not be able to record your Video Mix.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the hardware controller, and was designed by Numark this way. If there was ever to be an update, it would need to come in a firmware update from Numark, however I dont see this happening in the near future.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Kind regarss
DJ JaySmoke 7:25 AM - 7 April, 2014
Ouch, thats some bad bad news :(

So which controller would you recommend to be able to do both REC and crossfading? Anything similar to the Mixdeck?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:35 PM - 7 April, 2014
Unfortunately nothing as versatile as the Mixdeck. Due to its configuration of having multiple sources of media (CD, USB, PC, etc) this limits the software functionality and is why it is unable to record. It's biggest PRO is also it's CON unfortunately.

Have a look through all our compatible Serato DJ hardware here > serato.com

Regards
DJ JaySmoke 4:24 PM - 8 April, 2014
Hummm...I did look at that list and it said that the mix deck was compatible with serato video, thats why I purchased it. What it refused to tell me is that it's not 100% compatible with it. That makes it very hard to pick any other controller cause I won't be able to tell if it's 100% compatible or not. But can you at least give me two or three controllers from the list that are fully compatible with it? Thank you.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:56 PM - 8 April, 2014
What you are looking for is a controller with MIDI faders to be able to send MIDI information to Serato Video.

All of those controllers are MIDI compatible, with the exception of the Mixdeck, Mixdeck Express and Mixdeck Quad (becuase they need hardware crossfaders to crossfade audio that is NOT coming through Serato DJ, like CD's, USB drives etc).

This issue was specific to the Mixdeck series.

Regards
10:10 PM, 10 Jun 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.