Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

videos

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
kaydeelethal 6:42 PM - 24 March, 2014
Hey there,

I kinda have a very annoying video output, my videos have lost the smooth visual and acts like buffering/ static visualization, I run my videos on VSL, scratch live 2.4.4 (just upgraded to the new version but still same experience)

Mac Os vers 10.9.2
4GB
2.4GHL

TTM 57/ 61 Sl

run my videos on firewire and has been very okay though this has been an issue lately.

Advise/
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:40 PM - 28 March, 2014
Hey kaydeelethal,

Could I please have your computers full specs and a list of ALL USB devices that you have connected including details on you graphics card?

Can you think of any changes to your system / setup / library - anything at all that happened before these issues?

Sam
kaydeelethal 6:29 AM - 29 March, 2014
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

USB, just an Akai pad (APC40) that I have always used, not even on ableton but midi mapping.

I just realized the problem comes about once you try applying any activity on scratch live e.g scrolling down the library, tweaking or changing any transitions and effects on videos or when you trigger any samples/sound effects on the laptop keyboard.

Thanx
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:24 PM - 1 April, 2014
Hey,

Can you try turning off your WIFI and bluetooth etc, also close any programs that you have open alongside Scratch Live. Also try disconnecting your APC40.

Let me know if there are any improvements,

Sam
kaydeelethal 8:28 PM - 1 April, 2014
Hey Sam, will do this & get back to ya this week. So means no more APC40?
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:47 PM - 3 April, 2014
Not just yet, I want to test it out to see if causing an issue.

Sam
kaydeelethal 5:43 AM - 4 April, 2014
Well, Kinda used the machine last night & all was ok. after turning off wi fi, the APC was connected & had just a few anomalies I think from the "heavy" videos... the APC had no effect whether connected/ not. any more advise?
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:19 AM - 10 April, 2014
Install this codec to see if it increase performance: www.perian.org

Also go through all the steps in this article here: serato.com & here: serato.com

Sam