Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Re: Static/Buffering video output....

kaydeelethal 10:35 AM - 23 March, 2014
Hey there,

I kinda have a very annoying video output, my videos have lost the smooth visual and acts like buffering/ static visualization, I run my videos on VSL, scratch live 2.4.4 (just upgraded to the new version but still same experience)

Mac Os vers 10.9.2
4GB
2.4GHL

TTM 57/ 61 Sl

run my videos on firewire and has been very okay though this has been an issue lately.

Advise/
skinnyguy 1:35 AM - 24 March, 2014
is that a core 2 duo lappy?
kaydeelethal 4:13 AM - 24 March, 2014
Yeah, it is...
skinnyguy 5:52 PM - 24 March, 2014
my guess is that you're running low on resources with such an old model. granted ssl is less intensive than sdj. you probably should've stuck with snow leopard at the latest for the os.
and of course, ME is smoother and less intensive than vsl/sv.

you're already a smidgen above minimum spec requirements on just ssl alone. adding video on top of that....well...yeah.

audio only gigs, you're fine. i'm still running ssl 2.4.4 on a core2duo xp lappy. runs fine. but to do video, it's probably time to upgrade your lappy.
kaydeelethal 6:36 PM - 24 March, 2014
Well, I have been using the same mac on Videos for a minute (2yrs) and has been well, this just started recently, what may be the reason is what am tryna find out. Advise?
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 9:46 PM - 24 March, 2014
Hi kaydeelethal,

When you say "this just started recently, "

Can you confirm what changed in your setup ?

Is it possible that your buffer setting for the Rane SIxty One Audio driver is set to low for Serato DJ ?

Can you also check which version of QuickTime Player is installed on your machine and whether or not you have been using Perian on that machine ?
kaydeelethal 10:35 AM - 26 March, 2014
Well... Just started experiencing this two weeks back. I have Perian & the latest quicktime. The problem is both on TTM57 SL & the 61 & 62 as well. I've had a smooth video playback for the past 5 yrs on all my machines. It's the reason I cannot be able to figure out this. Cheers
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 9:40 PM - 26 March, 2014
Hi kaydeelethal,

Could you uninstall Perian and test the performance.

Your machine is just on minimum spec for both Serato DJ 1.6.1 and Serato Video 1.2.

I understand you are using Scratch Live 2.5.0 and not Serato DJ at this stage.

Quote:
run my videos on firewire and has been very okay though this has been an issue lately.

Check the Mac Update tool for any Firewire related updates it sounds like the issue is related to data transfer.

As skinnyguy mentioned it may be time for an upgrade or alternatively if your Macbook can handle 8GB of Ram you may notice an improvement in the video buffering with such an upgrade.

All the best
DJ Baby Raj 3:07 AM - 27 March, 2014
What version quicktime do we need?