Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

exit Serato DJ

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark MixDeck Express
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
jeewee68 7:48 PM - 14 March, 2014
Hi, each time I exit Serato DJ, the program gets stuck and i have to force the exit via the task manager, resulting in a non back-up of my library. If I want to restart the program I have to restart my PC otherwise Sereta DJ won't start.

Regards, Jan-Willem
tegboy 11:09 PM - 16 March, 2014
I notice this happens when I turn off my controller or disconnect the usb before exiting. Is this what you are doing?
Selector Vince 7:14 AM - 17 March, 2014
I happens to me one time...when i wanted to quit before i power off the hardware
I have to reboot the mac to quit.
(macbook pro /ns7 II/ serato dj 1.6)
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:17 PM - 17 March, 2014
Hey Jan-WIllem,

When the software closes it is attempting to write to the Serato database. This is stored in your "My Music" folder, its called _Serato_.

You need to make sure that you have Read & Write permissions on that folder. Right click the folder, select properties and make sure that the "Read Only" box is UN-ticked.

If you still have trouble after this could you please get back to me with your computers full specs and a list of all USB devices that are connected. Also let me know where your music is stored, ie, internally / externally - let me know if you have any internal harddrive partitions as well.

Cheers, Sam
jeewee68 9:07 PM - 21 March, 2014
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your reactions. The problem does not depend on using a USB or not, but I'll try shutting down the hardware first and Sam's advice about the 'Read only' box (which was on read only by the way). Let you know..
DJ Joie 2:49 AM - 26 March, 2014
Hi -
I am having the exact same problem! I hope Serato will get back to me here in the forum since I've had no response emailing tech support. I've lost hours of set prep and have taken to doing screen shots to preserve set order and comments I've made, etc.

My issue is that SDJ crashes when I exit, but only after (1) being connected to the controller (Numark mixdeck express) and (2) being in use w controller for >15 min. It seems to happen regardless of if I shut the controller down first, or try to shut the sw down first. (Tho it would be good to know what is the preferred way to shut down).
It is fine when using offline.

I don't use an external hard drive. I've got plenty of space, plenty of RAM, my machine is clean, only use for media/DJing. My track DB is somewhere between 7k-8k.

System specs:
Dell Inspiron N411Z
Intel i3-2330M CPU @ 2.2GHz
64 bit OS, Windows 7 home premium, service pack 1
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:51 PM - 30 March, 2014
Alright jeewee68, let me know how you go,

Also, DJ Joie, we are incredibly busy at the moment. I checked your email in our system and it looks like my colleague Mak emailed you back the day after you emailed us.. check your junk or spam folders?
DJ Joie 9:15 PM - 1 April, 2014
Hello Sam!

Neither spam nor inbox received an email from Mark. I've only got one from the webbot saying that you replied here, and then 2 weeks ago got the autoreply from the Support Mailbox. But no worries - happy to have connected with someone! Can you please ask him to email me again or paste his email here in the forum? MANY THANKS!!
DJ JaySmoke 5:24 PM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
I notice this happens when I turn off my controller or disconnect the usb before exiting. Is this what you are doing?

This is exactly what happens to me. What could cause this problem? Sometimes, I have to restart the controller before it works again.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:36 AM - 7 April, 2014
Hey DJ Joie,

Mak will email you again. Cheers, Sam
jeewee68 6:23 PM - 23 April, 2014
Hi Guys, Sam,
I tried to exit SDJ after shutting off my controller first, but it still happens I don't use USB's for music; all music is on my laptop. I don' run other programs at the same time. My Specs are Dell Latitude with 32-bit OS, 4.0 GIG RAM, Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack1, Intel Core I5 processors @ 2.50 Ghz.
After forcing the shut off SDJ, I can see a message saying something about: Apphangb1.
Also, after the forced shut off of SDJ I always need to restart my laptop to get SDJ running again.
I have 3 USB ports taken: Numark Mixdeck Express, Logitech remote mouse and the Roland Tri-capture USB audio interface. (but before I bought this the problem was already there, no change)
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: SeratoDJ.exe
Application Version: 1.6.1.5835
Application Timestamp: 532fba5d
Hang Signature: 030a
Hang Type: 1
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 030aa96d8eea8883e7e5a112237aff40
Additional Hang Signature 2: f430
Additional Hang Signature 3: f430b757a32a4bca63260730c25b335c
Additional Hang Signature 4: a295
Additional Hang Signature 5: a2953100d0c57ee30e038f784ba8a723
Additional Hang Signature 6: 47bd
Additional Hang Signature 7: 47bd7cecc58d966416930c075e016bcc
DJ Joie 1:45 AM - 28 April, 2014
Hi All --
Update: I've updated to the latest greatest SDJ 1.6.2 . Now the program only crashes if I try to shut down the software with the controllers still on/connected. Things seem happy if I shut off controllers first, THEN exit software (at least this was the case twice - I will see if this "fix" is permanent or if it was just a fluke...)

thx,
-J
Serato, Support
Sam GG 3:56 AM - 29 April, 2014
It sounds like you guys could be experiencing issues with a corrupt database. Try going through these steps here to rebuild it: serato.com

Sam
jeewee68 7:40 PM - 30 April, 2014
Hi Sam,

I'll have a go with it, thanks.

JW
Serato, Support
Sam GG 11:01 PM - 30 April, 2014
Let me know how you go,

Sam