Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

tracks randomly speed up

Product
Serato DJ Intro
Version
Hardware
Denon DJ MC2000
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Feebs 12:24 PM - 13 March, 2014
I have just purchased serato DJ intro and a denon mc2000. I am a total novice and not very technically minded when it comes to computers so please bear with me!
I'm running the software from my laptop which contains all my music on itunes.
My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5732Z and has an intel pentium processor T4300 (2.1 GHz, 800MHz FSB) and Intel GMA 4500M up to 1695 MB DVMT (I don't actually know what that means!). 4GB Memory.
When i play tracks through serato is randomly speeds them up without me touching the controller. This makes me sound like a bad DJ without me even trying!
I have been through the optimisation for windows section on your website and made all possible changes. I have disconnected from the internet while using the software but its still having the same problem. My CPU stays around the middle range while playing the tracks.
I havn't changed any settings in the Denon DJ ASIO: the audio buffer size is 512 samples(10ms), 16 bit resolution, 48.0kHz sampling rate.
Please help.
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:06 AM - 19 March, 2014
Hey Feebs,

Thanks for getting in touch. Please try downloading the latest drivers from here: serato.com (Under the Denon MC2000 you'll see latest drivers)

Please install them and let me know how you go after that. IF you have already installed these drivers let me know and we can look at some other options.

Regards
Dave W