DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pdidy Is Official Wack

DJ Construc 7:40 PM - 3 March, 2014
Yea I said It, and here's the Proof.....
Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Granted pdidy is exceptionally good at rambling on the mic and slam mixing but he lacks whats truly important......

Skills

Its soulless and lifeless....

It lacks the funk or required funkiness Too make it entertaining to mere mortals.

He advanced his rambling on the mic ability but neglected to make anything sound good.

Reminds me of why I could never relate to wack dj's......

They are like untrained musicians who can't read sheet music but try to play every note flawlessly..... So I could never relate to them.
 6 7:50 PM - 3 March, 2014
Well now we know exactly why he thought that kid Capri video he posted was dope.

SMH

nm
DJ Construc 7:52 PM - 3 March, 2014
lol, pretty much
ozfrombk 7:54 PM - 3 March, 2014
Shots have been fired!
DJ Construc 7:54 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
Shots have been fired!

Ehh, just having fun at this point.
AKIEM 8:43 PM - 3 March, 2014
I thought pdidy was on the decks, that's him on the mic?

Nm
DJ Construc 9:01 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
I thought pdidy was on the decks, that's him on the mic?

Nm

I'm not even sure, ask him lol
AKIEM 9:43 PM - 3 March, 2014
Have a feeling he won't answer. Cat on the mic was making it happen tho (not better than the Kid Capri) but he was putting in work.
Nm
latindj 10:53 PM - 3 March, 2014
last thing I want at any of my parties is hearing some jackass on the mic more than the music itself...but that's just my opinion. I'm on the west coast so I don't know any better. in my opinion, again, if you gotta yell on the mic and tell people to get their ass up and dance then your dj'ing is obviously not working or doing its job. that mc would have a bloody lip on the west coast in about 15 minutes tops...lol. :)

nm
Joee 11:14 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
last thing I want at any of my parties is hearing some jackass on the mic more than the music itself...but that's just my opinion. I'm on the west coast so I don't know any better. in my opinion, again, if you gotta yell on the mic and tell people to get their ass up and dance then your dj'ing is obviously not working or doing its job. that mc would have a bloody lip on the west coast in about 15 minutes tops...lol. :)

nm

damn, this is gonna happen just cause he says get your hand in the air?
blacksportsonline.com

SMH
 6 11:16 PM - 3 March, 2014
Honestly, talking on the mic to get the party hyped is okay in my book..... WITHOUT OVER DOING IT. And, I've seen plenty of DJ's do that. It's kinda like scratching. Just do some to give it flavor then, let the music play so people can dance to it.

nm
Joee 11:18 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
Honestly, talking on the mic to get the party hyped is okay in my book..... WITHOUT OVER DOING IT. And, I've seen plenty of DJ's do that. It's kinda like scratching. Just do some to give it flavor then, let the music play so people can dance to it.

nm

+1
latindj 11:25 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

nm

+1

I agree...I did say talking "more than hearing music"...in other words, excessively...

nm
ninos 1:38 AM - 4 March, 2014
nice display pic construct hehe
dj jamalot 3:52 AM - 4 March, 2014
Wow! They woulda kicked him off the mic on the west coast that's a little too much. Blame it on the henny cuz I think he had plenny.
dj jamalot 3:53 AM - 4 March, 2014
Somebody would've said let the record play...
Dj Fantom 4:08 AM - 4 March, 2014
Whats Yall Don't Seem to Know is thats Boogie Black on the mic and he is SPECIFICALLY HIRED AND PAID to do what he's doing in the vids . he's the Party Host and Mc and is also a recording artist and makes Party Break type songs (ala Fat Man Scoop) Blame it on the Henny is his Song, and the rest he does Lil "routines" to .. He's well known in NY on the Party scene ..

I dont know if thats PDidy on the decks tho could be. but in the soca part looks like its a different dj .. those events usually have multiple djs
the_black_one 4:12 AM - 4 March, 2014
****tracking ****

nm nh
dj jamalot 4:12 AM - 4 March, 2014
Well I guess out here we prefer a more sophistacated type of groove that's a lil over the top and then that Airhorn man that's not allowed where I spin....
sumoJr 4:31 AM - 4 March, 2014
haha this gets better and better

up next "hype man battle"
selectajay 4:34 PM - 4 March, 2014
Seems like their crowd was having a good time & thats all that matters..the SOCA energy had them rockin too.."FOLLOW DAT TRAINNNN!" good party vibes!
dj jamalot 4:37 PM - 4 March, 2014
i guess you had to be there literally...LoL i've never heard of those songs must be a regional thang!